"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Intelligent People = Highly Sensitive?

meldiamond

Banned
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
256
Reaction score
92
So I've noticed this the past few weeks with a new extended social circle. 99% of them know each other from work and school. I am pretty much the new guy who only knows a few people in the group and not that well either. I've noticed that most everyone in this group is ridiculously highly sensitive.

For example, one hapa girl in the group approached me at the bar. We chatted for only a minute. Someone was bumping past and they distracted me for a split second and I looked over my shoulder. This girl skeedadled almost instantly.

Second example: I was talking to a bro about mutual interests last week. We had a good conversation for about 10 minutes or so. But similarly, something distracted me from behind. I was actually waiting for an uber and thought I saw the lights flashing for the car through the window so I looked behind me. He happened to be talking but my attention was averted for a second or so. He looked very sad when I turned back around and I decided to excuse myself. Saw him again just the other night and he was very cold towards me instead of friendly, gregarious like last time.

Third example: again, very similar situation. I was talking to this hot girl for a good long time. However, there were several other people in the group but thought it might be rude if I didn't talk to them as well. So I turn to talk to another person, just to acknowledge. Same thing. She becomes very sad, withdrawn, hurt.

From what I can tell: if I lose focus on the person I'm talking to for even a second they are personally offended. They have an involuntary emotional response. Of course I don't mean to offend them, but I sometimes get distracted briefly.

Is this your experience as well? All of these people are highly educated, or working in good jobs, they tend to be good looking and well dressed. BUT they seem sensitive, almost hyper-sensitive. It seems like there is a correlation. Your experiences?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
I'm highly intelligent and I'm not sensitive at all.
 

meldiamond

Banned
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
256
Reaction score
92
Well, at this happy hour, yes, almost every last person there is a college student!

The girls snap at me a lot when I make jokes saying they are politically incorrect (not those exact words), acting offended.

Having conversations with women is always a mistake. Open up a dance floor, pay a DJ and feed her booze, everything's allright.
 
Last edited:

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
Making the assumption that a social circle might be overly sensitive may be an incorrect one if they display similar behavior as these instances happen when personally interacting with you…
It may be PC taken to a cult like extreme,
but keep an open mind and examine a problem from all possible angles.
 
Last edited:

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top