"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Intellectualism is feminine?

ShortTimer

Banned
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
917
Reaction score
1
Location
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Originally posted by SDBmania
You do realise that there are plenty of intellegent women out there right? Scientists, buisness, and many other careers?
Yet they still go to church in droves or support other mystical mumbo-jumbo. Of all the women I've known only one was an atheist, so yeah I guess I have met ONE intelligent woman. As a group however they are dumb as rocks. I guess "intelligent" is a rather relative term, there are a lot of people who think themselves (or are thought of by others) as intelligent and yet thought "The Matrix" was deep. Here's a clue: the matrix was only deep if you're dumb. It presented no ideas that haven't been around since before Plato and it didn't even present these old ideas in some new light: dumb.

Originally posted by SDBmania
Women for a long time WERE kept from having freedom, duh!
No they haven't been, duh! Women have not always been kept historically in servitude. There have been ups and down when it comes to how much freedom they have been allowed.

In ancient Sparta women were given unparalleled freedom compared to the rest of Greece. "Spartan women were taught reading, and writing, but were also expected to be able to protect themselves. Spartan women had many rights that other Greek women did not have. Namely, they could own and control their own property, and could take another husband if their first had been away at war for too long. A woman was expected in times of war to overtake her husband's property, and to guard it against invaders, as well as revolts until her husband returned, hence many Spartan women are pictured as warriors." source

Another specific example would be Abigail Adams, wife of John Adams who was one of the Founding Fathers of the U.S. had unparalleled access to speak to, write to, and influence men like Jefferson and Washington. Feminism as it exists today wasn't around then, but this woman had the ear and respect of some of the most influential men in American history.

I could go on for pages about opportunities women have had and how they have not always been oppressed the way Feminists would like you to think. Perhaps they have had fewer opportunities then men, but they have had the chance to step up to the plate.

Originally posted by SDBmania
Same with blacks, are you going to say that they aren't intellegent too?
As a group they have not contributed in any significant way to the intellectual thought of any of the dominant cultures of our modern world.

We could, however, use more black guys like this guy.

Originally posted by SDBmania
Are you saying that the Civil Rights movement is bad? I'm confused here!
I never mentioned that, don't put words into my mouth.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

#1 P.I.M.P.

Don Juan
Joined
May 16, 2004
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Trinidad & Tobago
Originally posted by SDBmania
Yeah I know that. I wasn't talking about the first chapter of Genisis, I was talking about the second chapter(Adam and Eve). I do accept the first chapter as the story of creation, but the second chapter seems to contradict the first chapter at least to me.
That is not true, If any part of the bible contradicts itself then it would not be he bible. If u are gettin that, its either because, your reading it but not understanding it properly, your using a bad version of the bible the king james can be confusing or your probably just need to pry and ask god to reveal the truth to u. going throught the bible itself can be confusing, you should bet somone to help.
 

#1 P.I.M.P.

Don Juan
Joined
May 16, 2004
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Trinidad & Tobago
Originally posted by rgeere
The second chapter and on starts to narrate things, though the first seems to generalize alot. I can't see a reason why God would want to make eve out of adam, though. Technically it should be the other way around if you compare it with the first chapter.

And teasing Adam by making him walk around and naming the animals so he can briefly view them having sex to get jealous and wonder what was up with not having a counterpart was possibly a little cruel in my opinion. I would be pissed if I was adam, shame we can't get God to poof a woman out of thin air or from a rib or something in this day and age. Would make things a whole lot easier.
"shame we can't get God to poof a woman out of thin air or from a rib or something in this day and age. Would make things a whole" man u just read my dreams:p .

God made eve from adam, so he whold actually be a part of him and like his own flesh, which is why in a later chapter it says that a man sould treat his wife as his own body, it woud be wrong for him to treat his own fleash bad. Wo-man mean of man which is what adam says, its is like they are the wonderful bart of man, that which signifies beauty, peace, sensitivity and nuturing.
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Originally posted by #1 P.I.M.P.
"shame we can't get God to poof a woman out of thin air or from a rib or something in this day and age. Would make things a whole" man u just read my dreams:p .

God made eve from adam, so he whold actually be a part of him and like his own flesh, which is why in a later chapter it says that a man sould treat his wife as his own body, it woud be wrong for him to treat his own fleash bad. Wo-man mean of man which is what adam says, its is like they are the wonderful part of man, that which signifies beauty, peace, sensitivity and nuturing.
I know that, but then again I guess it could make sense that God created Adam first, since masculinity represents activity and competency. Though technically by default everything is feminine.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Originally posted by rgeere
The second chapter and on starts to narrate things, though the first seems to generalize alot. I can't see a reason why God would want to make eve out of adam, though. Technically it should be the other way around if you compare it with the first chapter.

And teasing Adam by making him walk around and naming the animals so he can briefly view them having sex to get jealous and wonder what was up with not having a counterpart was possibly a little cruel in my opinion. I would be pissed if I was adam, shame we can't get God to poof a woman out of thin air or from a rib or something in this day and age. Would make things a whole lot easier.
Yeah, I agree with you there.
 

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Originally posted by #1 P.I.M.P.
That is not true, If any part of the bible contradicts itself then it would not be he bible. If u are gettin that, its either because, your reading it but not understanding it properly, your using a bad version of the bible the king james can be confusing or your probably just need to pry and ask god to reveal the truth to u. going throught the bible itself can be confusing, you should bet somone to help.
No, I think I've got the right idea. Man is created in the first chapter, and then is created again in the second chapter.

I believe that the bible can be interpreted in different ways, my interpretation is different.
 

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Originally posted by ShortTimer
Yet they still go to church in droves or support other mystical mumbo-jumbo. Of all the women I've known only one was an atheist, so yeah I guess I have met ONE intelligent woman. As a group however they are dumb as rocks. I guess "intelligent" is a rather relative term, there are a lot of people who think themselves (or are thought of by others) as intelligent and yet thought "The Matrix" was deep. Here's a clue: the matrix was only deep if you're dumb. It presented no ideas that haven't been around since before Plato and it didn't even present these old ideas in some new light: dumb.
I take it your not a fan of religion. Well, I have faith, but I also keep my mind open to other possibilities. Hmm, so you are saying that people who are intellegent should have religious faith? Ok.

Oh, and I liked The Matrix and felt that it was deep, but not "very" deep. It was a good movie, but it's concept it simular to my religion, so I've seen it before.

So, what does make someone intellegent to you?
 

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Yes, a narritve. But, Non-Fiction or fiction?

But, I see what you are saying. I refuse to believe that this narritve is fact.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
520
Reaction score
0
This is way off the deep end now. But my original point was that intellectualism isn't feminine. It's just a non-mating masculine trait.
I think we need to allow for the concept of traits that have no specific mating purpose, but seem to be sex length. Men like power tools for example, but you'd think that women would, given their potential use ;)

Elynne is an INTP female, and that's a type that has trouble dating, whether male or female, so it explains a lot. It's also a type that likes intellectual debate.

google "INTP personality" if you don't know what I'm talking about.
 

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
5
Location
Camp Pendleton, Ca
Originally posted by MackJr
This is way off the deep end now. But my original point was that intellectualism isn't feminine. It's just a non-mating masculine trait.

Elynne is an INTP female, and that's a type that has trouble dating, whether male or female, so it explains a lot. It's also a type that likes intellectual debate.

google "INTP personality" if you don't know what I'm talking about.
I'm an ENTP. Just thought I'd share...
 

superpud

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Intellectualism is by design feministic, but you are correct that men are agressive and this does not conflict...

Women are thinkers Men are doers
Women are passive Men are active
Women are quality Men are quantity
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I totally disagree with these remarks. It's a matter of focus and concentration not a matter of sex. These are characteristics, not rules for judgement.

I think about sex, I have sex.
I passively accept it, I actively pursue it.
I look for quality, I'll take quantity.
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Originally posted by superpud

I totally disagree with these remarks. It's a matter of focus and concentration not a matter of sex. These are characteristics, not rules for judgement.

I think about sex, I have sex.
I passively accept it, I actively pursue it.
I look for quality, I'll take quantity.
Those are accurate and are complete reflections of the anatomical diffrences between male/females, but I don't necessarily disagree with the way you just described your outlook either.

In fact, I don't see what you just wrote above conflicts with what I wrote at all.

Women are anatomically passive
Men are anatomically active

It's not hard to figure out the complementary mindsets men and women should have in the extreeme when looked at in this way.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Leave the theology for elsewhere!

I hate getting scientific on people, but I cant bear to hear wildly inaccurate pop-science and generalisation slapped about like it always is. If you want to use use science in your discussions, be scientific.

Siginificant sex differences in general cognitive ability or "intelligence" have not been found. Howerver it is generally accepted that men generally perform better at purely spatial reasoning, and some studies have found woman better at verbal tasks (consult any genuine psychology textbook or journal for an abundance of refs, or particularly, Brain and Cognition
Volume 41, Issue 3 , December 1999, Pages 245-262.)

But even these findings are, of course, disputed. For instance

W.F. McKeever et al., Androgens and spatial ability: failure to find a relationship between testosterone and ability measures. Bull. Psychonomic Soc. 25 (1987), pp. 438–440.

D.E. Trahan and J.W. Quintana, Analysis of gender effects upon verbal and visual memory performance in adults. Arch. Clin. Neuropsychol. 5 (1990), pp. 325–334.

R.L. West et al., Everyday memory performance across the life span: effects of age and noncognitive individual differences. Psychol. Aging 7 (1992), pp. 72–82.

I'll have to try and be less scientific in future. It can really kill a discussion.
 

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
520
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by AMF

Siginificant sex differences in general cognitive ability or "intelligence" have not been found. Howerver it is generally accepted that men generally perform better at purely spatial reasoning, and some studies have found woman better at verbal tasks ...
This is totally off topic. We're talking about the bogus idea that intellectualism, basically abstract reasoning, is feminine. If anything, it's a masculine trait, but taken alone it's not enough to result in mating.

on the other hand, you could consider the whole DJ system a theory refined by experimentation. We actually use theories to influence our understanding and thereby strengthen our ability to act.
 

true|hockey

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by California Love
Women are becoming more powerful, true. They are not getting smarter however. They are getting b1tchier and more dominant because the number of whipped men is on the rise. Cognition is still dominated by men. In many situations, women are better at interaction and are often more trustworthy.



Years and years of taking care of the home vs. work in the outside world has created many differences in man and woman.
Fact:

In spatial ability tests, men often score higher when both both no formal training in drafting/ mathematics.

Fact:

After both sexes have taken comparable classes in such fields ( Graphical design, even math classes), spatial ability tests yield the SAME results across the board for men and women.

It is safe to say that women can accomplish what men can, for the most part. gone are the days where we can safly and easly generalize that all men will have the best paying jobs, or be earning the best grades. At my school, and likely at most around the nation, there are more women in them than men ( its 60 40 here :) ).

From a personal standpoint, I find women with an incling of intellect attractive.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top