Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Intellectualism is feminine?

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Originally posted by SDBmania
You do realise that there are plenty of intellegent women out there right? Scientists, buisness, and many other careers?
Yet they still go to church in droves or support other mystical mumbo-jumbo. Of all the women I've known only one was an atheist, so yeah I guess I have met ONE intelligent woman. As a group however they are dumb as rocks. I guess "intelligent" is a rather relative term, there are a lot of people who think themselves (or are thought of by others) as intelligent and yet thought "The Matrix" was deep. Here's a clue: the matrix was only deep if you're dumb. It presented no ideas that haven't been around since before Plato and it didn't even present these old ideas in some new light: dumb.

Women for a long time WERE kept from having freedom, duh!
No they haven't been, duh! Women have not always been kept historically in servitude. There have been ups and down when it comes to how much freedom they have been allowed.

In ancient Sparta women were given unparalleled freedom compared to the rest of Greece. "Spartan women were taught reading, and writing, but were also expected to be able to protect themselves. Spartan women had many rights that other Greek women did not have. Namely, they could own and control their own property, and could take another husband if their first had been away at war for too long. A woman was expected in times of war to overtake her husband's property, and to guard it against invaders, as well as revolts until her husband returned, hence many Spartan women are pictured as warriors." source

Another specific example would be Abigail Adams, wife of John Adams who was one of the Founding Fathers of the U.S. had unparalleled access to speak to, write to, and influence men like Jefferson and Washington. Feminism as it exists today wasn't around then, but this woman had the ear and respect of some of the most influential men in American history.

I could go on for pages about opportunities women have had and how they have not always been oppressed the way Feminists would like you to think. Perhaps they have had fewer opportunities then men, but they have had the chance to step up to the plate.

Same with blacks, are you going to say that they aren't intellegent too?
As a group they have not contributed in any significant way to the intellectual thought of any of the dominant cultures of our modern world.

We could, however, use more black guys like this guy.

Are you saying that the Civil Rights movement is bad? I'm confused here!
I never mentioned that, don't put words into my mouth.

#1 P.I.M.P.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I know that. I wasn't talking about the first chapter of Genisis, I was talking about the second chapter(Adam and Eve). I do accept the first chapter as the story of creation, but the second chapter seems to contradict the first chapter at least to me.
That is not true, If any part of the bible contradicts itself then it would not be he bible. If u are gettin that, its either because, your reading it but not understanding it properly, your using a bad version of the bible the king james can be confusing or your probably just need to pry and ask god to reveal the truth to u. going throught the bible itself can be confusing, you should bet somone to help.

#1 P.I.M.P.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by rgeere
The second chapter and on starts to narrate things, though the first seems to generalize alot. I can't see a reason why God would want to make eve out of adam, though. Technically it should be the other way around if you compare it with the first chapter.

And teasing Adam by making him walk around and naming the animals so he can briefly view them having sex to get jealous and wonder what was up with not having a counterpart was possibly a little cruel in my opinion. I would be pissed if I was adam, shame we can't get God to poof a woman out of thin air or from a rib or something in this day and age. Would make things a whole lot easier.
"shame we can't get God to poof a woman out of thin air or from a rib or something in this day and age. Would make things a whole" man u just read my dreams:p .

God made eve from adam, so he whold actually be a part of him and like his own flesh, which is why in a later chapter it says that a man sould treat his wife as his own body, it woud be wrong for him to treat his own fleash bad. Wo-man mean of man which is what adam says, its is like they are the wonderful bart of man, that which signifies beauty, peace, sensitivity and nuturing.

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by #1 P.I.M.P.
"shame we can't get God to poof a woman out of thin air or from a rib or something in this day and age. Would make things a whole" man u just read my dreams:p .

God made eve from adam, so he whold actually be a part of him and like his own flesh, which is why in a later chapter it says that a man sould treat his wife as his own body, it woud be wrong for him to treat his own fleash bad. Wo-man mean of man which is what adam says, its is like they are the wonderful part of man, that which signifies beauty, peace, sensitivity and nuturing.
I know that, but then again I guess it could make sense that God created Adam first, since masculinity represents activity and competency. Though technically by default everything is feminine.

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by rgeere
The second chapter and on starts to narrate things, though the first seems to generalize alot. I can't see a reason why God would want to make eve out of adam, though. Technically it should be the other way around if you compare it with the first chapter.

And teasing Adam by making him walk around and naming the animals so he can briefly view them having sex to get jealous and wonder what was up with not having a counterpart was possibly a little cruel in my opinion. I would be pissed if I was adam, shame we can't get God to poof a woman out of thin air or from a rib or something in this day and age. Would make things a whole lot easier.
Yeah, I agree with you there.

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by #1 P.I.M.P.
That is not true, If any part of the bible contradicts itself then it would not be he bible. If u are gettin that, its either because, your reading it but not understanding it properly, your using a bad version of the bible the king james can be confusing or your probably just need to pry and ask god to reveal the truth to u. going throught the bible itself can be confusing, you should bet somone to help.
No, I think I've got the right idea. Man is created in the first chapter, and then is created again in the second chapter.

I believe that the bible can be interpreted in different ways, my interpretation is different.

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ShortTimer
Yet they still go to church in droves or support other mystical mumbo-jumbo. Of all the women I've known only one was an atheist, so yeah I guess I have met ONE intelligent woman. As a group however they are dumb as rocks. I guess "intelligent" is a rather relative term, there are a lot of people who think themselves (or are thought of by others) as intelligent and yet thought "The Matrix" was deep. Here's a clue: the matrix was only deep if you're dumb. It presented no ideas that haven't been around since before Plato and it didn't even present these old ideas in some new light: dumb.
I take it your not a fan of religion. Well, I have faith, but I also keep my mind open to other possibilities. Hmm, so you are saying that people who are intellegent should have religious faith? Ok.

Oh, and I liked The Matrix and felt that it was deep, but not "very" deep. It was a good movie, but it's concept it simular to my religion, so I've seen it before.

So, what does make someone intellegent to you?

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, a narritve. But, Non-Fiction or fiction?

But, I see what you are saying. I refuse to believe that this narritve is fact.

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is way off the deep end now. But my original point was that intellectualism isn't feminine. It's just a non-mating masculine trait.
I think we need to allow for the concept of traits that have no specific mating purpose, but seem to be sex length. Men like power tools for example, but you'd think that women would, given their potential use ;)

Elynne is an INTP female, and that's a type that has trouble dating, whether male or female, so it explains a lot. It's also a type that likes intellectual debate.

google "INTP personality" if you don't know what I'm talking about.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MackJr
This is way off the deep end now. But my original point was that intellectualism isn't feminine. It's just a non-mating masculine trait.

Elynne is an INTP female, and that's a type that has trouble dating, whether male or female, so it explains a lot. It's also a type that likes intellectual debate.

google "INTP personality" if you don't know what I'm talking about.
I'm an ENTP. Just thought I'd share...

superpud

Don Juan
Reaction score
Intellectualism is by design feministic, but you are correct that men are agressive and this does not conflict...

Women are thinkers Men are doers
Women are passive Men are active
Women are quality Men are quantity
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I totally disagree with these remarks. It's a matter of focus and concentration not a matter of sex. These are characteristics, not rules for judgement.

I think about sex, I have sex.
I passively accept it, I actively pursue it.
I look for quality, I'll take quantity.

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by superpud

I totally disagree with these remarks. It's a matter of focus and concentration not a matter of sex. These are characteristics, not rules for judgement.

I think about sex, I have sex.
I passively accept it, I actively pursue it.
I look for quality, I'll take quantity.
Those are accurate and are complete reflections of the anatomical diffrences between male/females, but I don't necessarily disagree with the way you just described your outlook either.

In fact, I don't see what you just wrote above conflicts with what I wrote at all.

Women are anatomically passive
Men are anatomically active

It's not hard to figure out the complementary mindsets men and women should have in the extreeme when looked at in this way.

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Leave the theology for elsewhere!

I hate getting scientific on people, but I cant bear to hear wildly inaccurate pop-science and generalisation slapped about like it always is. If you want to use use science in your discussions, be scientific.

Siginificant sex differences in general cognitive ability or "intelligence" have not been found. Howerver it is generally accepted that men generally perform better at purely spatial reasoning, and some studies have found woman better at verbal tasks (consult any genuine psychology textbook or journal for an abundance of refs, or particularly, Brain and Cognition
Volume 41, Issue 3 , December 1999, Pages 245-262.)

But even these findings are, of course, disputed. For instance

W.F. McKeever et al., Androgens and spatial ability: failure to find a relationship between testosterone and ability measures. Bull. Psychonomic Soc. 25 (1987), pp. 438–440.

D.E. Trahan and J.W. Quintana, Analysis of gender effects upon verbal and visual memory performance in adults. Arch. Clin. Neuropsychol. 5 (1990), pp. 325–334.

R.L. West et al., Everyday memory performance across the life span: effects of age and noncognitive individual differences. Psychol. Aging 7 (1992), pp. 72–82.

I'll have to try and be less scientific in future. It can really kill a discussion.

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMF

Siginificant sex differences in general cognitive ability or "intelligence" have not been found. Howerver it is generally accepted that men generally perform better at purely spatial reasoning, and some studies have found woman better at verbal tasks ...
This is totally off topic. We're talking about the bogus idea that intellectualism, basically abstract reasoning, is feminine. If anything, it's a masculine trait, but taken alone it's not enough to result in mating.

on the other hand, you could consider the whole DJ system a theory refined by experimentation. We actually use theories to influence our understanding and thereby strengthen our ability to act.

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by California Love
Women are becoming more powerful, true. They are not getting smarter however. They are getting b1tchier and more dominant because the number of whipped men is on the rise. Cognition is still dominated by men. In many situations, women are better at interaction and are often more trustworthy.

Years and years of taking care of the home vs. work in the outside world has created many differences in man and woman.
Fact:

In spatial ability tests, men often score higher when both both no formal training in drafting/ mathematics.

Fact:

After both sexes have taken comparable classes in such fields ( Graphical design, even math classes), spatial ability tests yield the SAME results across the board for men and women.

It is safe to say that women can accomplish what men can, for the most part. gone are the days where we can safly and easly generalize that all men will have the best paying jobs, or be earning the best grades. At my school, and likely at most around the nation, there are more women in them than men ( its 60 40 here :) ).

From a personal standpoint, I find women with an incling of intellect attractive.