Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Instagram dm’s what is y’all’s experience?

fakefonzie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have heard a ton around the rp/pua community that instagram is the #1 dating app, as it allows you to demonstrate a ton of social proof and value very fast. Always thought about it but never felt comfortable with dm’ing girls completely cold…I have a decent insta, 1.4k followers, lots of cool stuff I do and lots of social proof, so I’m pretty comfortable on that end. I figured before I’d shoot my shots tho I would ask what y’all’s experience is with it (note I have just moved to a smallish town,idk how many people know each other around here and would rather not get a reputation as an insta creep)

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1,400 followers is solid, but your ratio matters more. If you have 1.4k followers while following 500 or less, women will be impressed by that. 1,400 followers while following 2,000 stinks.

You could send some Insta messages but the downside is likely to be the size of your city/town. You likely don't have enough selection if your area has less than 100,000 residents.

Instagram is usually a better option than Tinder/Bumble/Hinge.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have better luck on Facebook more than anything. I just post memes (usually sexual but funny) and girls hit me up on their own. If I had to pick an actual dating app though, my go to is Bumble. That app has gotten me laid more than any other. Even Tinder.

fakefonzie

Don Juan
Reaction score
1,400 followers is solid, but your ratio matters more. If you have 1.4k followers while following 500 or less, women will be impressed by that. 1,400 followers while following 2,000 stinks.

You could send some Insta messages but the downside is likely to be the size of your city/town. You likely don't have enough selection if your area has less than 100,000 residents.

Instagram is usually a better option than Tinder/Bumble/Hinge.
I’m following about 1200, so not terrible but could be better, as far as the dm goes should I just treat it like a cold approach? IE “hey I like your style, you a local around here ?” Ect…

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m Not much of a SM person & fairly passive at that. I’ve never slid into someone’s DMs. But I’ve had girls slide into mine. They usually open with something like: ‘good morning’ ‘hello there’, ‘how’s your day going?’

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I have better luck on Facebook more than anything. I just post memes (usually sexual but funny) and girls hit me up on their own. If I had to pick an actual dating app though, my go to is Bumble. That app has gotten me laid more than any other. Even Tinder.
Bumble is good and so is Hinge.

Used to have great success on POF but that's been trash for a while

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Works well for me sometimes, if I try. I find it's better for reconnecting/rekindling existing women though.

I have 50/50 follwers/ees. But I have great photos.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very effective if you have your Insta in order.Instagram is considered by these girls as a window into your life, and if there’s an interesting,lively and high class life there and they like what they see,you’re almost always on easy mode.

Goes without saying that followers matter.Especially if you have more than the girl in question(though basically having a decent number will do fine).Ratios matter too,following more than you’re followed or even as much as you’re followed isn’t a good look.

DMs work well for me.Always have.I do not waste a lot of time there though and always ask for the number.It’s just more personal.Sometimes the girls bring it up themselves.

Steno

Don Juan
Reaction score
Social media is good to funnel women that you already personally know like coworkers etc and then shoot your shot when you leave the job or once they become single. I ****ed a few former coworkers right after they got out of long relationships that I wouldn't have been able to if I didn't have them on social media. I also started talking to a female friend who I haven't spoken to in 10 + years who hooked me up with one of her friends, its good to befriend women even if you not trying to smash. It was random AF too she just randomly DMed me one day like hey my friend thinks your cute, I added her and ended up smashing.

I have never tried to DM random chicks on social media so I cannot comment on that.