"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Individual war.

deBrito

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 22, 2020
Messages
122
Reaction score
106
Location
Brazil
Today has been very difficult to me, i struggle to accomplish my daily tasks, i feel this day getting away from my hands as the clock ticks his way through time. Upon reflecting my situation, a thought came to mind:

"There is no competition with others individuals, in the end, it is only you against yourself, as day passes by and you achieve your small goals, you build the road to the big goals. When you conquer yourself, you've conquered life, you've conquered the world, success then do not lay on wealth or acquisitions, success is conquerind your mind to do what you want! Not what your vices want, not what others want, success is all about being able to do what YOU want, anytime, anywhere."

Always remember, out there, in the dark, in the woods, in the ocean, in the city, there is a CHALLENGE just waiting to be CONQUERED BY YOU.

Rise up, maintain posture, the world is yours to take, go and do it.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Today has been very difficult to me, i struggle to accomplish my daily tasks, i feel this day getting away from my hands as the clock ticks his way through time. Upon reflecting my situation, a thought came to mind:

"There is no competition with others individuals, in the end, it is only you against yourself, as day passes by and you achieve your small goals, you build the road to the big goals. When you conquer yourself, you've conquered life, you've conquered the world, success then do not lay on wealth or acquisitions, success is conquerind your mind to do what you want! Not what your vices want, not what others want, success is all about being able to do what YOU want, anytime, anywhere."

Always remember, out there, in the dark, in the woods, in the ocean, in the city, there is a CHALLENGE just waiting to be CONQUERED BY YOU.

Rise up, maintain posture, the world is yours to take, go and do it.
Various agendas exist to diminish and weaken your resolve, to squeeze you down, to kill your vision, to eliminate your imagination and dreams, so that you may serve, selflessly and without thought or hesitation.
 

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
2,792
Reaction score
2,125
I'll take this a step further; due to our own Ego, we often misconstrue what failure and success really are, in that, you learn practically nothing from being successful, meanwhile, failure becomes the teacher. Those who are entrenched in chasing success, they are also entrenched in a failure to grow and as a result, their success is doomed to be finite.

Im the only guy I've ever met who actively seeks failure out, shrugs off success and has largely abandoned the idea of celebrating my success, instead, I celebrate my failures and know that there is still much to learn through faucet that my life flows through.

Furthermore, if anyone's name other than yours comes up as a reason to justify failure, this is the cardinal sin. Take responsibility and leave all unnamed except in dire situations.
 

deBrito

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 22, 2020
Messages
122
Reaction score
106
Location
Brazil
I'll take this a step further; due to our own Ego, we often misconstrue what failure and success really are, in that, you learn practically nothing from being successful, meanwhile, failure becomes the teacher. Those who are entrenched in chasing success, they are also entrenched in a failure to grow and as a result, their success is doomed to be finite.

Im the only guy I've ever met who actively seeks failure out, shrugs off success and has largely abandoned the idea of celebrating my success, instead, I celebrate my failures and know that there is still much to learn through faucet that my life flows through.

Furthermore, if anyone's name other than yours comes up as a reason to justify failure, this is the cardinal sin. Take responsibility and leave all unnamed except in dire situations.
I do not celebrate failures and i do not seek them, but i do recognize them as a opportunity to grow. I see your mindset as a single word, humble. Life has many lessons for each one of us, and you seem to be willing to milk each one of them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: B80

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top