Indicators of High Emotional Intelligence

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If you want to connect better with women on first, and second dates learn to develop these skills. These can be very powerful. Master these and you will leave them wanting more every time.

1. Be observant
2. Have a calm demeanor
3. Show open posture
4. Mirror her behavior(to some extent)
5. Respectful Gestures
6. Don't fidget
7. Maintain good eye contact
8. Interpret the non-verbal cues.

Last edited:

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

These things are very important actually and are the very things many men here struggle with. A large percentage of posts about why did this or that happen between a guy and a random girl would not exist if these skills were more developed in some of the guys.

Women tend naturally to develop these skills to a better degree out of necessity. We generally do not have the strength to overcome a man so we've got to learn to read people to avoid being alone with someone dangerous.

So for women it's survival 101. Even in this day & age.

Bokanovsky

Banned
Reaction score

If you want to connect better with women on first, and second dates learn to develop these skills. These can be very powerful. Master these and you will leave them wanting more every time.

1. Be observant
2. Have a calm demeanor
3. Show open posture
5. Respectful Gestures
6. Don't fidget
I'm not a fan of the term "emotional intelligence" not just because it's a new ageism but also because it's a contradiction in terms (there is nothing intelligent about emotions). I do agree with your eight points though, with the exception of #4. You should be setting the tone and she should be mirroring you, not the other way around.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the term "emotional intelligence" not just because it's a new ageism but also because it's a contradiction in terms (there is nothing intelligent about emotions). I do agree with your eight points though, with the exception of #4. You should be setting the tone and she should be mirroring you, not the other way around.
If you’re building rapport you need to mirror the person you are with to some degree, there is no better way to build rapport as 70% of communication is not verbal. The person you’re with won’t pinpoint it but they’ll feel comfortable

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

TheProspect

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the term "emotional intelligence" not just because it's a new ageism but also because it's a contradiction in terms (there is nothing intelligent about emotions).
I don't think you understand what emotional intelligence actually is...

Intelligence = the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

---

Emotional intelligence has 4 components:

Self
1. Self-awareness: ability to recognize and accurately identify one's own emotions
2. Self-regulation: ability to effectively manage and influence one's own emotions in a positive way

Others
3. Other-awareness: ability to recognize and accurately identify the emotions of other's
4. Other-regulation: ability to effectively manage and positively influence the emotions of other's

Emotional intelligence (EQ) is the ability to recognize, identify, manage, and positively influence the emotions of oneself and others.

---

Although some people have naturally more higher levels of EQ than others, EQ is a skill that can be developed and honed with practice in the way that regular fluid IQ (the ability to learn, assess, and navigate new situations) can be increased similarly.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Minimal fidgeting

Fidgeting is a common behavior when we’re nervous or uncomfortable. But for intelligent individuals, you’ll often notice less of this.

Years ago, I found myself in a high-pressure job interview. I was nervous and started to fidget with my pen. The interviewer, on the other hand, was calm and composed. His hands were steady, his gaze was firm. It was clear that he was a seasoned professional, used to handling pressure.
WTF? How is the interviewer under pressure? He is in a position of power and has nothing to lose.

Highly intelligent people often exhibit this trait. They display minimal fidgeting, indicating their comfort with themselves and the situation at hand.

It’s a subtle sign of intelligence that speaks volumes about their inner confidence and calm.
Being calm and not fidgeting has nothing to do with being intelligent. It's about the situation

Find the most intelligent person's insecurity and shine a spotlight on it, see how he/she reacts. Then we talk.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
The article says intelligence not emotional intelligence…

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Emotional self-control is attractive. Dwelling on emotions isn't.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

1. Be observant
2. Have a calm demeanor
3. Show open posture
5. Respectful Gestures
6. Don't fidget
Emotional intelligence is about pattern recognition more than anything else. The key to increasing your EQ is by observation and direct personal experience. You can tell the newbies to this forum that spending time reading material on here doesn't boost their EQ; they have to go out and about to do that.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We are but a product in the dating marketplace, we know what our consumers want to hear and we try to best tailor ourselves to the consumption trend, even if this tailoring is at best an illusion.

Everybody is cat fishing, everybody is trying to trade up, you need a way to better speculate on a product outside of just what the manufacturer of the product has to say.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The article says intelligence not emotional intelligence…
I caught that when I read it. I supsect the headline was in error? The article mentions "emotional intelligence" several times.

The definition of Emotional Intelligence is:
the ability to manage both your own emotions and understand the emotions of people around you. There are five key elements to EI: self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills.

Which is what the article is about.

Bokanovsky

Banned
Reaction score
The definition of Emotional Intelligence is:
the ability to manage both your own emotions and understand the emotions of people around you.
In other words, self-control and perceptiveness. Why do we need to invent new quasi-scientific terms to describe age-old concepts?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In other words, self-control and perceptiveness. Why do we need to invent new quasi-scientific terms to describe age-old concepts?
to give you a hard time! :D

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To give you hope that there is something new under the sun. :cool:

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because it plays easier in the office from your manager or HR rep