Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

In 12 months time, your dollars will be worth 50 cents

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I've been following the gold/silver market for the past few years...

I bought gold at $700, then $800, then at $900 and ounce. Golds is over $1200 an ounce right now.

I bought silver at $11, $12, $13 an ounce....silver is over $18 an ounce right now.

I believe, in the long run, this video is accurate. I also believe, there will be a big drop in the price of gold/silver soon. It's at an all time high now.

If this drop happens..it will shake out the weak hands. Present a buying opportunity, for some. Look for $1000 gold, imo. After that, let the rockets fly cause the sky's the limit.

I would not recommend buying at these prices, imo. Gold and silver, like anything, could be a bubble in the making.

If you do buy, buy physical. If you don't hold it, you don't own it.

My two bits...

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
Well, I've been following the gold/silver market for the past few years...

I bought gold at $700, then $800, then at $900 and ounce. Golds is over $1200 an ounce right now.

I bought silver at $11, $12, $13 an ounce....silver is over $18 an ounce right now.

I believe, in the long run, this video is accurate. I also believe, there will be a big drop in the price of gold/silver soon. It's at an all time high now.

If this drop happens..it will shake out the weak hands. Present a buying opportunity, for some. Look for $1000 gold, imo. After that, let the rockets fly cause the sky's the limit.

I would not recommend buying at these prices, imo. Gold and silver, like anything, could be a bubble in the making.

If you do buy, buy physical. If you don't hold it, you don't own it.

My two bits...

Yeah, I agree, but what makes you think (besides historical president) that there will be a big drop in gold and silver? There is an election coming up though, usually it gold and silver drops and the DOW Jones industrial index goes up right up to the election.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plinco said:
Yeah, I agree, but what makes you think (besides historical president) that there will be a big drop in gold and silver? There is an election coming up though, usually it gold and silver drops and the DOW Jones industrial index goes up right up to the election.
Good point Plinco, and take my thought's with a grain of salt...honestly, I'm just an armchair speculator, not some guru.

Maybe gold hasn't dropped because I haven't bought any recently. :D

Anyway, right now I think gold is being propped up with the debt crisis in Europe, and more recently, speculation about a banking crisis to hit the UK. The dollar is strong right now, and gold is at an all time high, a combination that isn't quite normal. Usually gold goes up on a weak dollar.

But then, these aren't normal times. If the dust settles in Europe, I think gold will drop back down. IMO, at least temporarily.

For gold to go up and hold resistance, inflation must happen.

Gold is similar to other assets in a way, and with anything needs buyers to push up the price due to scarcity. Think housing bubble, any idiot could get a loan and chase real estate, created that massive bubble. Right now, our economy is still deflated from that. I don't think most people have the funds or the nerve to buy $1200 gold. 1/3 of folks are underwater in their homes, and lot's more foreclosures on the way. Unemployment still very high.

At least here in the States, overseas may be a different story.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
But then, these aren't normal times. If the dust settles in Europe, I think gold will drop back down. IMO, at least temporarily.
The dust isn't going to settle in Europe any time soon. Many countries are extremely over extended and are at serious risk of defaulting on their debts, to the point where some EU economies are guaranteed to default soon.

Every time the IMF bails out a European country, you can consider that as the USA paying 75% of their bailout. Essentially USA taxpayers take an economic bullet for European economies.

Gold will continue to rise and when countries start to abandon the Eurozone to use their own currency again, gold will skyrocket. Expect this before February.

JP Morgan doesn't have much more gold reserves left to keep devaluing gold whenever it gets too high.

Gold is always a sound hedge against economic downturns, and many economic experts and forecasters see the debt crisis to continue for at least another 5 years. USA has a chronic cancerous financial system right now, and it won't get better any time soon: Debt Overtakes GDP. To understand the charts, just put it this way: Every man, woman and child in your country owes the federal government $40,000 (over and beyond taxation and interest). That is public debt 101.

It's expected to rise by 3x in 7-10 years, so your public debt will be 3x GDP at around ~40 trillion. Once the creditors raise the interest rates on that debt, your population will be barely able to pay off the yearly interest on that debt to the point where you're going to have to sacrifice public/social services. Wait ... That's happening already? :) If you want a crystal ball of your future along current trends, look at Greece. What have they done over there? Government cuts public services and various funding and raises taxes(ie. austerity), meaning that you work longer and harder while receiving less benefits.

I can't see any recovery on the horizon, and the main "bailouts and stimulus packages" are almost dried up. They have been propping up your economy and others to the extent that you've had sideways growth for over a year now. Once they are dried up you will see two options before you: 1) Another bailout 2) Extended economic depression(called 'double dip recession' by fools).

Expect in the next 1-3 months to see another round of bailouts worldwide, and further squeezing of the taxpayer to support the gambling addiction of federal governments and large "too big to fail(evolve)" investment firms.

This is bordering on politics, so I'll reign myself in and leave it at that.

cheers

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
mr. positive where do you buy your silver?
I've only bought small amounts of silver from two places, local coin shops, and online. Just in small 1 oz coins/rounds. My favorite are silver american eagles. I don't buy silver bars. Online, I've had great experiences with www.apmex.com.

Thing is with silver, buy a little bit here and there and it adds up. Silver is very volatile, the price could swing drastically in either directions, so 'dollar cost average' is the best way to go. You have to be able to handle the swings in price. Right now, silver is at over $19 an ounce.

Think of silver as a long-term investment, or insurance against Quicksilver's post evolving. (great post btw)

This simple website has great info on silver. I'd recommend reading all the articles on this site...

http://about.ag/

EDIT: I'm not making any recommendations. Personally, I am not buying anymore right now. I really don't know which way silver could go right now...if/when it drops down some, I may buy more. I just wanted to point that out.

Jules Verne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on that ^?

I want a step-by-step guide to the impending unrest.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jules Verne said:
Can you elaborate on that ^?

I want a step-by-step guide to the impending unrest.
Although it's still unlikely, there is a real possibility of widespread unrest occurring.

It's even in mainstream news:

Cash-poor NY state may issue IOUs like California

When public sector workers get underpaid or are told that they won't be payed, they stop working. Last year in Toronto, there was a garbage worker strike. As a result, ALL of the city parks were covered in huge trash heaps. The whole city smelled terrible and decimated the tourism industry.

That was just the garbage workers. What happens when police, paramedics, firefighters, and utilities(water treatment, electric) workers stop working too?

From Reuters article said:
So far, New York state has dodged a shutdown -- the equivalent of a mass strike by public workers -- because the Legislature has enacted Paterson's emergency spending bills.

But now two Democratic senators have suggested they might reject next week's temporary spending bill, forcing Paterson to seek the votes of Republican senators.

"You could have anarchy literally in the streets if the government shut down," Paterson told WBEN radio.

Experts are unsure if the police, firefighters, prison guards, emergency and healthcare workers can go to work if they cannot be paid.

"We are meeting with the comptroller. We are talking with different agencies about how to manage a government shutdown," Paterson said.
Well. I hope that is enough of a step by step guide.

Average Joe America living in NYC pays his taxes, keeps up with mortgage payments, and tries not to get too deep in debt. Is it his fault that his government can't do the same?

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Razor Sharp, I watched the first dvd and part of the second. Seems a bit like fear mongering but definitely within the realm of possibility.

what other predictions has he been right about?

I thought it was weird that he said that the "elite" wanted to bankrupt the middle eastern oil producing countries and then used Dubai as an example. Dubai's economy is largely based on real estate and construction, minimally on oil.

interesting video!