Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Immaculate and TrimReaper going MACKIN!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't feel bad. DUI is BS. They want there to be drunk drivers to pay the giant fines and give the cops a job. The statistics are rigged. You are doing the right thing by getting a lawyer. Maybe I am biased because I want to be a DIU lawyer when I grow up, but I can tell you that lawyers are probably at least 20% alcoholics or drug addicts. All my professors get hammered at law school functions and then drive home. People of all walks of life drive drunk all the time. As Sam Kinison said, "This is the only way I can get my car home from the bar."

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bible_Belt
Don't feel bad. DUI is BS. They want there to be drunk drivers to pay the giant fines and give the cops a job. The statistics are rigged. You are doing the right thing by getting a lawyer. Maybe I am biased because I want to be a DIU lawyer when I grow up, but I can tell you that lawyers are probably at least 20% alcoholics or drug addicts. All my professors get hammered at law school functions and then drive home. People of all walks of life drive drunk all the time. As Sam Kinison said, "This is the only way I can get my car home from the bar."

You're right.

The .8 "legal limit" is bull. That's a glass of wine with dinner. That's 2 beers.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where in VA do you guys dwell?

TheTrimReaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Woodbridge and Immaculate lives in Warrenton. Rollo, I head into DC and Arlington to go out. I'll give you a ring sometime soon.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, just got back from the lawyer.

I'll definetly be losing my license for a year.

I'm getting back with my ex.

Hell, I was with this girl for 4 years, basically treated her like sh!t,
and she is so loyal to me. She's coming over now and we are going to talk about it and I'll probably have her move in with me.

F#ck all this Don Juan Bullsh!t.

I have a loyal girl, treats me like a king, what the hell else do I need.

Adios fellas. I'm out of this site. Nice meeting ya.

TheTrimReaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good Man.

All you need is one good woman. And if you can find her, or if you have her, then consider yourself lucky.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well either he's learned his lesson and is ready for a mature relationship

or

his life is going to hell in a handbasket and he's turning to a woman to get him through it.

lets hope its the prior.

J

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going back to the ex just so she can drive you around town for a year doesn't sound like a recipe for long term happiness. That's just my two cents.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GirlCrazy
Going back to the ex just so she can drive you around town for a year doesn't sound like a recipe for long term happiness. That's just my two cents.
I was thinking pretty much the same thing.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriosuly, I realize now how much this girl loves me. I admit I don't have the butterfly "in love" feeling for her, but I certainly do care about her. Hell that butterfly sh!t goes away anyway.

She cooks, she cleans, does my laundry even and irons and folds my clothes! she does basically anything I need. Gives me daily BJ's.

I'm done with this sh!t. I'm sticking with this girl. She is a godsend. She's the only girl in the world who gives two sh!ts about me.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me put it this way

We dated for 5 years. I'm young, I wanted to see what else was out there so I broke up with her.

Well, I saw what else was out there, and it isn't pretty.

I'm lucky she came back to me. All it took was one call and she was mine again.

And she's pretty damn cute too.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mac

I've been following a few of your threads over the past while and I'm hesitant to say this...... but dude, you are lost!

I honestly don't think you know what it is that you want or where your life is heading.

No shame in that. You are young.

I think you need to take some time for yourself to figure things out though. Don't be making any serious life decisions in the near future. (ie. marriage)

Take some time for yourself.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Slickster
Mac

I've been following a few of your threads over the past while and I'm hesitant to say this...... but dude, you are lost!

I honestly don't think you know what it is that you want or where your life is heading.

No shame in that. You are young.

I think you need to take some time for yourself to figure things out though. Don't be making any serious life decisions in the near future. (ie. marriage)

Take some time for yourself.
I'm admitting myself into this f@cking clinic for 3 days for a psyche evaluation JUST because it could get the charges reduced or dropped in my DWI case. It may not be bad or me either.

rodumusprime

Reaction score
Immaculate, let me offer my two cents on a couple of issues here.

First, let me preface my statements by saying I am a long time member here, and have continued to read many of the posts here, although i havent posted under my old name in quite some time.

OK, as for your drunk driving. Heres what will happen, but first let me ask is this your second or third one? The reason i ask is one and a half years ago, i was leaving a restaraunt after having 2 beers and one rum and coke with dinner. I did not in any way feel buzzed. As soon as i pull out I see a cop behind me, lights on. I pull over. He says he pulled me over because the light is off on my liscense plate. Come to find out that that is now the way that many policeman are now using to pull you over for no reason. Especially those coming out of bars and in small towns like i was in.

Anyway, he asked me if I had anything to drink. I told him i had. He then gave me all the tests-which i passed, and proceeded to the breathalyzer, where I blew a .081. Thats right, .001 over lol. I was arrested (I had maybe one speeding ticket my entire life before this) spent the night in jail, and released on bond.

Here is what you and your lawyer will go though, assuming this is your first offense. First, you will have a pretrial after a month or so. Then, assuming all is going ok, you will go in to plead-where you will plead not guilty. Then, maybe 4 months after the night this happened, and again assuming this is a first offense, you will go in and accept a deal from the D A to a driving while impaired, not to a drunk driving. You will pay a fine of around $1400 plus court costs, your lawyer fees, a resinstatement fee to get your liscense back of around $200, and a drivers responsibility fee of
$500 for 2 years each assuming you are like my state, plus of course your insurance will go up. You will also have to go to an alcohol treatment center so they can determine if you are an alcoholic lol.

In ddition, your liscense will be suspended for 3 months or so, under which you can drive, but only to work or school. Your liscense will then be fully reinstated. There is NO WAY they will suspend your liscense for a year unless you have more than one offense. NO WAY.

DUI's are now the police departments #1 way to make money, which is why they now are so addament about pulling you over. It is a crock, a bunch of BS, but what are ya gonna do? Ya gotta drive right?

As for your girl problems, i have come to the conclusion, and please dont take this the wrong way, but when it comes to women, you are insane :). You are just as crazy as the women you talk about. Im not joking. The way you flipflop back and forth, the way you talk one way but do another, the way you stayed with this crazy girl even though you swore she meant nothing to you-its nuts. Lets face it, if the crazy girl had wanted a relationship, you would have in a heartbeat. Why? because you are desperate for a relationship at this time. Im not trying to bash you, but to help you. You can get out of this way of thinking, but it will take time. And now, when you are depressed with no girlfriend, a drunk driving, and everything else, you go running to the ex to soothe your depression, because you are afriad to face whats out there alone, not knowing if you will ever be happy.

Now, this ex of your may very well be a sweetheart, im sure she is, but its obvious that you are only taking this woman back because of your desperate situation, not because you truly love her, and that IS NOT FAIR not only to you, but also to HER. And having this girl come live with you right out of the blue like this? What are your thinking man? Stop, take a deep breath, and re-evaluate. Life is not that bad. Yes, the DUI can be aggravating. I know that I dont even think about driving now if Ive had a drink, and I just had to pay another $500 driver responsibility fee, but its not the end of the world.

Believe it or not, last year i was almost in the exact same situation as you. Had just received my DUI, and my gf and I broke up. And like you, after my DUI I went to her out of dispair saying i want to make this work, even though deep down i knew it wasnt right. I eventually made the right choice and stayed away from her, got my driving situation taken care of, and now am in love with a WONDERFULL woman who I love more than anything in this world.

I guess what Im saying is, life will get better, this isnt the end, and you can get yourself out of this rut. But to do this, you really need to evaluate what in your life you want, and figure out how to get it.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In VA it is mandatary for the judge to suspend the license for a year. I'm f@cked.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had several friends get DUI's over the years. How I managed to avoid them, I don't know.

The thing is now, I have recently suffered really badly from acid reflux and taken a break from drinking. I've found I do just as good or better talking to girls without the beer. And the rush of flirting is more intense when sober.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by joekerr31
well either he's learned his lesson and is ready for a mature relationship

or

his life is going to hell in a handbasket and he's turning to a woman to get him through it.

lets hope its the prior.

J
Yeah, and that he doesn't give up being a DJ just because he's in a relationship. Women prefer dating DJs to dating AFCs.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you gotten a lawyer yet?

These guys look like they are worth $4200. http://www.virginiadui.com/4436.html

here is another lawyer page with some Virginia info:
http://www.1-800-dial-dui.com/CM/FindAnAttorney/FindAnAttorney-Newport-Newa-Virginia.asp

Will I be able to drive for work during the suspension period?

It depends on the facts and circumstances of your case. If you are found guilty of a first offense, the Court has the authority to issue a restricted license allowing you to drive for limited purposes such as for work, school, doctor visits and to transport children.

Most Virginia DUI courts will limit the number of hours per day and the number of days per week you can drive on a restricted license. In addition, most courts will not issue a restricted license until the fine and court costs are paid in full.