Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm Tired Of The Fvcking Gas!!

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Bloating, bloating, bloating.......gas, gas, gas. For the last 2 - 3 years that I've been on my "6 pack diet". I'm done.

This is why I hate the Health and Fitness industry, because growing up literally NO magazine, no fitness trainer, no gym, nobody said anything about this notion that the moment you start really/seriously eating healthy......that you are going to be dealing with gas every other day of your life.

This article and others cover this problem: http://www.summertomato.com/too-man...d-digestive-problems-caused-by-healthy-eating

The issue is that the vegetables are causing it, the fact I drink a lot of water is causing it, and the protein shakes are causing it. The veggies, water, and protein shakes are the fvcking FOUNDATION of my damn diet! How the hell am I supposed to stay on my "6 Pack Diet" if I can't have veggies, water, and the damn protein shake?

I'm sooo ticked off dude. Again, Health and Fitness industry does jack NOTHING to prep people for this. I guess this is "goodbye" 6 Pack....it was great to finally meet you.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bloating is an inflammatory response to foods you are eating. As everybody responds differently to different foods, you have to tailor a diet that works for you. The Paleo diet is a good start:

Here is what I eliminated out of my diet for zero bloating and gas:
  • All carbs except vegetable and whole fruits in moderation;
  • All fruit juices;
  • All dairy;
  • All processed food;
  • All protein powders.
My diet today consists only of
  • Grass-fed or organic meats, chicken, or fish;
  • 2-3 servings a day of berries;
  • 2-3 servings a day of vegetables;
  • 100 almonds a day.
That's it. No bloat. No gas.

If specific veggies are bloating you, eliminate those veggies, and seek alternate veggies.

Last edited:

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Bloating is an inflammatory response to foods you are eating. As everybody responds differently to different foods, you have to tailor a diet that works for you. The Paleo diet is a good start:

Here is what I eliminated out of my diet for zero bloating and gas:
  • All carbs except vegetable and whole fruits in moderation;
  • All fruit juices;
  • All dairy;
  • All processed food;
  • All protein powders.
My diet today consists only of
  • Grass-fed or organic meats, chicken, or fish;
  • 2-3 servings a day of berries;
  • 2-3 servings a day of vegetables;
  • 100 almonds a day.
That's it. No bloat. No gas.

If specific veggies are bloating you, eliminate those veggies, and seek alternate veggies.
Here's the foods in the current diet:

- Gold Standard Whey Protein
- Corn
- Green Beans
- Romaine Lettuce
- Onions
- Grilled Chicken
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- Green Apples
- Pecans
- Almonds
- Mott's Apple Juice
- Tap Water

When I grill the grocery store chicken, my stomach explodes. I can take that same piece of chicken.....FRY IT...and nothing happens.

Dude seriously if I keep eating like this these bloating/gas issues will turn into something else. I could die. Cause of Death would apparently be: "He Ate Too Healthy".

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the foods in the current diet:

- Gold Standard Whey Protein
- Corn
- Green Beans
- Romaine Lettuce
- Onions
- Grilled Chicken
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- Green Apples
- Pecans
- Almonds
- Mott's Apple Juice
- Tap Water

When I grill the grocery store chicken, my stomach explodes. I can take that same piece of chicken.....FRY IT...and nothing happens.

Dude seriously if I keep eating like this these bloating/gas issues will turn into something else. I could die. Cause of Death would apparently be: "He Ate Too Healthy".
Start by eliminating foods one by one until you identify the inflammatory food. Your body is reacting to one or more of the foods you listed. Find the problem food(s).

I would begin by eliminating:
  • Protein powders (as these are processed and can most definitely lead to inflammation especially milk proteins via casein/whey);
  • Red potatoes (an alternate would be sweet potato);
  • Grocery Store Chicken (you state the grocery store chicken makes your stomach explode. Well there you go. Eliminate it. Frying is still causing you bloating/gas. Try organic chicken)
  • Green beans (This is Paleo inflammatory)
I have a hunch the problem lies in one of the four above. Trial and error, in accordance with your body.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Start by eliminating foods one by one until you identify the inflammatory food. Your body is reacting to one of more of the foods you listed. Find the problem food.

I would begin by eliminating:
  • Protein powders (as these are processed and can most definitely lead to inflammation especially milk proteins via casein/whey);
  • Red potatoes (an alternate would be sweet potato);
  • Grocery Store Chicken (you state the grocery store chicken makes your stomach explore. Well there you go. Eliminate it. Frying is still causing you bloating/gas. Try organic chicken)

I have a hunch the problem lies in one of the three above. Trial and error.
The Red Potatoes are recent additions. It can't be them. It could be the Gold Standard Protein Shake, I'm eliminating that. The Grocery Store chicken makes my stomach hurt only when I Grill it. When I fry it, my stomach feels fine.

What's just completely confusing is how can I drink beer, drink liquor, eat fried chicken, eat french fries, eat candy, and eat other processed junk with NO bloating or gas or stomach discomfort of any kind (unless I overeat but that's obvious).......but when I eat healthy sources, all hell breaks loose?

How can I be getting unhealthy by eating healthy? Isn't that an oxymoron?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Red Potatoes are recent additions. It can't be them. It could be the Gold Standard Protein Shake, I'm eliminating that. The Grocery Store chicken makes my stomach hurt only when I Grill it. When I fry it, my stomach feels fine.

What's just completely confusing is how can I drink beer, drink liquor, eat fried chicken, eat french fries, eat candy, and eat other processed junk with NO bloating or gas or stomach discomfort of any kind (unless I overeat but that's obvious).......but when I eat healthy sources, all hell breaks loose?

How can I be getting unhealthy by eating healthy? Isn't that an oxymoron?
Because certain foods create inflammation in your body. Everybody reacts differently to different foods. Hence, why diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer is so prevalent with no medical explanation other than "it's genetics" or "eat healthy." But what does eating healthy mean? These morons don't understand that foods that cause inflammation are the root cause for many of the diseases we see today. The key is to know what foods work for you. If you are bloated with gas, you must identify and eliminate those foods for your own health.

Think about what you are saying about the store chicken. If you grill it, your stomach explodes. If you fry it, you're ok. Does that make sense to you? It could be that your stomach does not explode if you fry it, but you get the after-effect of bloating and gas from it. Organic chicken does not contain the toxic hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides that commercially raised birds do. It is pure live stock the way nature intended its use. Give organic a shot as well.

As to the protein shakes, especially whey or casein: I learned long ago, that my body does not respond well to shakes, so I dropped them.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Because certain foods create inflammation in your body. Everybody reacts differently to different foods. Hence, why diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer is so prevalent with no medical explanation other than "it's genetics" or "eat healthy." But what does eating healthy mean? These morons don't understand that foods that cause inflammation are the root cause for many of the diseases we see today. The key is to know what foods work for you. If you are bloated with gas, you must identify and eliminate those foods for your own health.

Think about what you are saying about the store chicken. If you grill it, your stomach explodes. If you fry it, you're ok. Does that make sense to you? It could be that your stomach does not explode if you fry it, but you get the after-effect of bloating and gas from it. Organic chicken does not contain the toxic hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides that commercially raised birds do. It is pure live stock the way nature intended its use. Give organic a shot as well.

As to the protein shakes, especially whey or casein: I learned long ago, that my body does not respond well to shakes, so I dropped them.
This makes so much sense. I will go through some trial and error, but the protein shake is the first to go. The problem with this stuff is that when I get frustrated.....I start eating bad. I just literally came back in with a 6 pack of Beer, some liquor, along with a Fried Chicken Dinner.

But guess what's happening with my stomach while I sit here drinking this beer? Absolutely nothing! No bloat. No gas. No rumbling. Nothing. It's the weirdest shyt ever and if I went into a local gym and told the folks this at the gym....NOBODY would believe me.

logicallefty

Reaction score
What frustrates me the most about dieting is how the world pushes the unhealthy foods in your face so easily and how it takes more effort to eat good. For example, I like to really limit my carbs. Walk into your average gas station where I often have to eat because I am on the run from working 3 jobs. How many choices are there for me that are low carb? Oh lets's see.. Beef jerky/meat sticks, nuts... hmm.. OK sometimes some pre cooked boiled eggs. I can't even get to 5 x things and fill a hand.. Now, now many unhealthy carb loaded foods? 500, or more.. It sux.. Then you got the soda machine at one of my jobs. A couple months ago they took out the Diet Mountain Dew. Ok that's fine, they still got 0 carb unsweet tea which is better for me anyway. As of last week it looks like they stopped filling it too and put more sweet tea in it's spot.. Great, 3 x sweet tea selections now and NO unsweet tea. It's a fvcking joke!!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need probiotics. Bad digestion is caused by a bad mix of gut bacteria. Greek yogurt and kefir milk have them. So do fermented foods like pickles and sauerkraut, but the stuff from the grocery store doesn't count, because it is pasteurized. You have to make your own. Hot peppers are another common item to ferment at home, to make hot sauce.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
You need probiotics. Bad digestion is caused by a bad mix of gut bacteria. Greek yogurt and kefir milk have them. So do fermented foods like pickles and sauerkraut, but the stuff from the grocery store doesn't count, because it is pasteurized. You have to make your own. Hot peppers are another common item to ferment at home, to make hot sauce.
Tried them......didn't do anything.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Think about what you are saying about the store chicken. If you grill it, your stomach explodes. If you fry it, you're ok. Does that make sense to you? It could be that your stomach does not explode if you fry it, but you get the after-effect of bloating and gas from it. Organic chicken does not contain the toxic hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides that commercially raised birds do. It is pure live stock the way nature intended its use. Give organic a shot as well..
I would have to really go out of my way to do the Organic, but what I still don't understand is this. Why does the current grocery store "regular non-organic" chicken make my stomach EXPLODE when I Grill it, but when I take that same chicken and put it in a Deep Fryer on a cheat day, literally nothing happens? If the chicken is bad because it's not organic, why does that only matter when it's being Grilled?

I'm here typing this morning right after my eating spurge yesterday that I talked about....with my fried chicken dinner and beer. Guess what my stomach is doing? NOTHING. No gas, no bloating, nothing. Now if this were a normal day, where the day prior I had my normal "healthy" (quote, unquote) meal sources, my stomach would STILL be rumbling as I sit here typing right now.

I did grow up eating a lot of junk food, I'm talking like everyday. So has my body just become used to eating very very bad food to the point it won't even PROCESS good food normally? I mean this just doesn't make any sense. Why in every area of Tenacity's life, to succeed, he always has to do something completely "different" than everybody else? Damn why can't one area just go smooth without me having to be super damn creative to make it?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
You don't need Donald Trump to start World War 3.......it's already started.......in my stomach! I have no damn clue what the hell is going on. Maybe I need to just go see the doctor, let them run the tests, urghhh.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this should be correctable by ensuring the proper balance of gut bacteria...I'd recommend homemade kefir/kefir water

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need Donald Trump to start World War 3.......it's already started.......in my stomach! I have no damn clue what the hell is going on. Maybe I need to just go see the doctor, let them run the tests, urghhh.
Identify what your body doesn't respond well to. This is important for your overall health:

Week 1: Eliminate Food A. Check for gas and bloating.
Week 2: Eliminate Food B. Check for gas and bloating.
Week 3: Eliminate Food C. Check for gas and bloating.

If you have checked all the foods and still get gas and bloating (likely inflammation), then we can explore further.

BTW, 5 of the 12 foods on your list cause gas or bloating in me.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gold Standard Whey Protein (Eliminate)
- Corn (Eat in moderation)
- Green Beans (Eliminate)
- Romaine Lettuce (Eat)
- Onions (Eat)
- Grilled Chicken (Get organic)
- Roasted Red Potatoes (Eliminate, swap with sweet potato in moderation)
- Green Apples (Eat in moderation)
- Pecans (Eat)
- Almonds (Eat)
- Mott's Apple Juice (Eliminate)
- Tap Water (Drink one gallon per day)

I am willing to bet money, if you follow the above, you will have zero gas or bloating. Care to wager as a gentlemen's bet?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also add to your diet:
  • Salmon (3-4 servings a week) & Fish Oil (3 grams EPA & DHA daily). Omega 3 fights inflammation and can bring your Omega 3 to 6 ratio to the ideal ratio (1:1 or 1:2 is the target). The Omega-6 rich nuts you are consuming, without enough Omega 3, is improperly balanced leading to inflammation;
  • Blackberries and Rasberries: 2 servings daily, reduces inflammation;
  • Kale & Tomatoes: 1-2 servings daily, reduces inflammation.
  • Tea Parsley: one serving daily, natural diuretic

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Also add to your diet:
  • Salmon (3-4 servings a week) & Fish Oil (3 grams EPA & DHA daily). Omega 3 fights inflammation and can bring your Omega 3 to 6 ratio to the ideal ratio (1:1 or 1:2 is the target). The Omega-6 rich nuts you are consuming, without enough Omega 3, is improperly balanced leading to inflammation;
  • Blackberries and Rasberries: 2 servings daily, reduces inflammation;
  • Kale & Tomatoes: 1-2 servings daily, reduces inflammation.
  • Tea Parsley: one serving daily, natural diuretic
Fish Oil, Green Tea, and Multi-Vitamins are also supplements I take.

I'm trying out some BEANO right now. Seeing if that does anything. The protein shake is also being phased out.

What I'm NOT going to do is allow this retarded crap to make me lose my 6 pack. Nope. Not going to happen. I get an incredible high when I send shirtless pics out to chicks/plates and they all say how good my body looks. Damn that shyt feels good man, you guys just don't know how good that shyt feels.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
That's it. Mask the underlying issue with some more pills.
I'm phasing out the protein shake. In relation to the other things you said on the list:

- Corn (Eat in moderation)......Corn is a part of the eating plan, but I can't tell you the last time I had Corn.

- Green Beans (Eliminate)......Green Beans are a part of the eating plan, but I can't tell you the last time I had them either.

- Grilled Chicken (Get organic).......Can you provide more details on why Organic is going to make a difference? A guy by the name of EFFORT from this forum receommended I go Organic as well. I don't see the big deal as of yet? When you cook meat, doesn't the cooking process kill off all of the "bad stuff" anyway?

- Roasted Red Potatoes (Eliminate, swap with sweet potato in moderation).......These were just recently added, I know they aren't the issue.

- Green Apples (Eat in moderation)........I'm eliminating these in total.

- Mott's Apple Juice (Eliminate).......This is only used with the Protein Shake.