I'm thinking about buying a corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
Richardthefrog and his Lambo. Bigdave17 and his Corvette. Now he's listening to Prince "Little Red Corvette". What is next?
but still good car helps a tone. cars == money == authority

althrough personality and look are biggest game influencers IMO.

he can have corvette but if hes not funny af, confident, and ridiculously hilarious/exceptional/weird person then hes getting less poonies

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
but still good car helps a tone. cars == money == authority

althrough personality and look are biggest game influencers IMO.

he can have corvette but if hes not funny af, confident, and ridiculously hilarious/exceptional/weird person then hes getting less poonies
lol my current car is a 70K Lexus, I doubt it will help me much in any way except just give me driving joy

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you say Richard. Lambo one day, now a corvette. Why not just shoot for the moon and get a Bugatti?

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Whatever you say Richard. Lambo one day, now a corvette. Why not just shoot for the moon and get a Bugatti?

vette's are actually incredibly practical and fairly cheap to own overall

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Got the extra money?

Buy it. Don't think so much. Just do it.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
looks amazing but i dislike cars that burn a lot of fuel
I personally went half-way with my latest purchase. I need something that can do work, but I also need something that isn't a pig on fuel.

That truck is hypothetical in the sense that I'd get it if I had money to throw away and didn't give a fvck about how much gas I burn.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I don't understand why you guys want these 5hitty useless cars. If I had the money to throw away, I'd buy something like this:

..... cause I'm not a ****ing hillbilly

what do I need that garbage for? I want something beautiful and sleek and sexy that drives like a dream and is incredibly fast

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
..... cause I'm not a ****ing hillbilly

what do I need that garbage for? I want something beautiful and sleek and sexy that drives like a dream and is incredibly fast
I drive a 4x4, useful in the city and away from the city.

I mostly use it as compared to my sports car -nothing fancy, just a Nissan.

It's just not practical using a sport car in the city imo, it's too low to see ahead when in a jam plus it's a b1tch on humps and parking in a multistorey car park.

I use mine mainly on weekends, prolly just once or twice in a month. So if u r planning to get one, just buy it.

Then keep it as a 2nd car.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I drive a 4x4, useful in the city and away from the city.

I mostly use it as compared to my sports car -nothing fancy, just a Nissan.

It's just not practical using a sport car in the city imo, it's too low to see ahead when in a jam plus it's a b1tch on humps and parking in a multistorey car park.

I use mine mainly on weekends, prolly just once or twice in a month. So if u r planning to get one, just buy it.

Then keep it as a 2nd car.
I have a Lexus all wheel drive sedan as a daily/winter driver

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I have a Lexus all wheel drive sedan as a daily/winter driver
Get a used sport car.

Imo it's best to get an all wheel drive vs rear wheel. Good grip and better handling at conners. I tend to drive fast and perhaps reckless but the rush is just too hard to resist, so if u r anything like that then get an all wheel drive.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, another thing, if u r getting a used one, mileage is not a good indicator, get someone who's good at hearing engine noise and checking exhaust fume color.

spinich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
New Corvettes drop like stones. They are a horsesh*t investment. The folks around here that drive these cars are 60+ and wear white pants and gold chains. They are looked at as pathetic. If you are going to buy a corvette get a C2 or C3. Anything after that are not a car most DJ would want to be seen in. I don't think your fragile ego could take the sneers that go along with this ownership. And it will most definitely not impress the female crowd. All that said, if you want a car to just own the car, go for it. You are supposedly in the car business correct? If you are then you know better than to consider this a good use of resources.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
New Corvettes drop like stones. They are a horsesh*t investment. The folks around here that drive these cars are 60+ and wear white pants and gold chains. They are looked at as pathetic. If you are going to buy a corvette get a C2 or C3. Anything after that are not a car most DJ would want to be seen in. I don't think your fragile ego could take the sneers that go along with this ownership. And it will most definitely not impress the female crowd. All that said, if you want a car to just own the car, go for it. You are supposedly in the car business correct? If you are then you know better than to consider this a good use of resources.
Don't look at as an investment and don't get a new one. Get something two years old so someone else suffers the great depreciation.

Get the car for the pleasure and lifestyle of it. You work hard enough and part of life is having fun.

The technology In the vettes increase greatly every five years so that the later model is better in every single way even down to the frame.

Get something about 2-3 years old for $30k. Or you could even get a 427 cubic inch Vette with the LS7.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.