Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm really stuck...is it just my own mental barriers?

mellow_yellow

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on and off here for a long time. After discovering this site, I've become much more social, determined, and self-aware. My b*llsh*t tolerance is low through my own experience with women and hearing members' stories here. I also stay true to who I am and don't bend myself just to fit into a group. But I can't figure out why I'm still struggling in getting dates and getting laid. I've reflected on my issues from multiple angles and I can't figure out what's holding me back.

My Background
I'm a 5' 10", 185 lb. guy living in Los Angeles. Recently laid off, but was working as a manager in an online business. Average body so yes I need to work out to get rid of a small gut and achieve muscle definition -- current work in progress.

How I Met Women
Until now, I've been slammed at work, working late until 3 am, so could not meet as many women as I liked. Also, I didn't want to keep talking to women at bars because it got old and they were never interested. When I did approach women, I kept it simple. I said hi, made a comment / asked a question, had a brief chat with some joking, and exited with a number. When using online dating apps for a few months, I only got 1 girl out while the rest of them were just using it to get validation and flake. When meeting women through friends, got nothing through that; I showed my personality, led the group conversation, and was outgoing, but never saw any interest. So I didn't bother pushing to get any numbers because low interest doesn't go anywhere.

The Last 4 Dates & Interactions
What's my self-defeating pattern?

I met Monica through a social event. We were in line waiting to get in. She turns around to me and we begin chatting about whatever. Didn't get the number because I'd probably see her at a future event. I was right though I should've gotten the number the 1st time. At the next event I see her at, we hung out getting food & drinks at the different booths. I got her number and said we should meet up to try new foods & get drinks. It's hard to say if she thought this was a date or hangout. We met up for 2 dates. First date: we talk about each other's future, what we like and dislike about food & alcohol, and I kinoed whenever I could. I cracked some jokes and lightly touched her arm / back. She took the touches, but was completely neutral and didn't react. I didn't get a longer than usual gaze or any touches from her. Second date was similar and I felt weird about even trying for a kiss. Tried to meet up at a music festival so I texted her, but she didn't seem interested in seeing me. As soon as I saw that, I moved on and we haven't talked to each other since.

I met Stacy through friends of a friend. Our entire group (me, my friend, his friends including her) went out to a concert in SF. We all contributed to the group conversation. I was rolling during the concert so at one point, I put my arm around her to sing with the music. At the corner of my eye, I've noticed her other friends smiling at each other like they knew I was interested in Stacy. I didn't see Stacy again until a few months later when 2 friends in the group were getting married. I got a last minute wedding invite so I went for the hell of it. I talked to everyone at my table though I felt like an outsider since everyone else already knew each other. Once the dance floor got started, a few of Stacy's friends tried matching me up with Stacy by bringing her over. I kept it cool and danced a little bit with her and the group. Near the end of the night, Stacy lost interest so I knew I didn't go in to get what I wanted and escalate.

I met up with this Korean girl through a dating app called Coffee Meets Bagel. Met her at a Thai restaurant and the conversation was boring. I tried to ask her a bunch of questions and talk about books, my experiences, and the world, but felt like I was playing 20 questions with her. We move over to a bar across the street and she's buzzed from one drink. We talk a little bit more and the conversation is still boring. I end the date and she comes back to me a minute later saying she forgot $2 to pay the valet. I give her a weird look and just give her the $2. I wonder if I could've just pushed to just get a one night stand if I played it right. She definitely used me for dinner so I learned never to do dinner dates again until after I get laid.

I was introduced to Jean when a friend and his group were eating a restaurant, close to my office. I drop by and say hello. The entire group starts to leave and Jean wants to hang out with me. She's drunk and was interested in me. I was shocked since I haven't met a girl who openly showed interest in me for like 5 years or something. She sat right next to me and tension was building. I touch her lightly and suggest we drink more at my office since I have a bottle of whiskey in my drawer. I pour us some drinks and we talk. Eventually I drive her back since she's along the way for me. I ask to come in for water. I sit down next to her on her couch and rub her back since she seemed groggy. It looked like Jean sobered up because she gave me a "wtf are you doing?" look. No easy lay here so I just say bye and don't see her again.

My Best Guess on What I'm Doing Wrong
I think I'm coming off too friendly and my first impression isn't sexual enough. The issue is when I make my interest known, I may be too direct because I'm not interested in texting back and forth with attention wh*res. My goal is to get the number, set up the date, and then do my best to escalate. I might not be aggressive enough when I escalate. When I kino, I just don't get any signs that she wants more. I don't want to just keep pushing the kino until I just straight up grab her ass.

Also, I get bored really easily and I haven't met my intellectual match. I enjoy talking about different foods, types of alcohol, how the world works, how people work, and all those topics. I'm probably shooting myself in the food and boring the hell out of the girl. If that's the case, then what the hell is there to talk about? I can only ask so much about what she does for fun and why she loves puppies. Then again, I just want to get laid so if I can get pointers on how to get fluff conversation going until I bring the girl back, that will help. I want to develop a deeper conversation with people not just women however I feel like it's not going that deep or going anywhere for that matter.

Next thing is I may be trying too hard. I'm telling jokes and keep the interaction fun and upbeat. In the back of my mind, I feel like I'm pandering to her. I've read on here that the correct approach is to be the cool, slow-moving man who has the woman pander and prove herself to him. I guess this ideal man tells a few c*cky & funny jokes and is no rush? So after drinks, he suggests that she come back with him to his place so he can f*ck her.

Yes, I know. I need to approach way more and get a thicker skin to handle more rejections. At the same time, the return is so low from the flakes that I wonder why I (and other men) even bother swinging the bat. I'd rather develop myself to the top 20% man and have the women come to me. Girls know if they'll f*ck within 5-10 minutes so what's the frame I need to be this man?

Few More Thoughts
I don't know. This is whole dating game is supposed to be straightforward, but it's not. I mean you approach a woman who is showing interest or at least develop the interest if the woman is neutral to you. You get the date, get some drinks, escalate until she's feeling good, take her back, and smash her. The process should be smooth yet I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I may be lengthening the early part of the process too long...I feel like I'm sitting around logically dissecting everything when it should be so simple -- just get out there and get laid.

I was trying to become a "good guy" rather than the "manly assh*le", but I don't think women respect good guys along with AFCs. I think they value good guys after they get the urge to marry after running through the c*ck carousel. So I think I'd rather be the "manly assh*le" who's so busy with his work and rotations that he doesn't return her calls. Women get off on this sh*t so I don't think it's worth trying to pursue a balance in becoming a good guy. After I figure this out, I probably will never get married and get as much play as I can despite how emotionally damaged women are becoming from riding the carousel. It's not my problem right? It's an issue with feminist society right now and I can't save it.

This dating market, especially in LA, is very difficult, but I'm not using this as an excuse. I'm not interested in being a MGTOW hermit so I gotta do something about this. I need to get rock solid experience now so I can enjoy my 30s. So far, my sex life has stagnated in my 20s so I'm concerned that my 30s won't be any better unless I'm at the top of game and learn all of this correctly right now.

I appreciate your guys' help and input. I should've posted about my hang-ups sooner.

Last edited:

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
All women care about is VALUE.

Most of them don't even like men. They just need our sperm or our money. If it wasn't for their bio clocks, the market would be even worse than it is now.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your problem is, you are using too much energy on women. Relax and have fun. It shouldn't be a struggle. If you find yourself frustrated...leave. Have interesting things to do, that don't require women.

Oh, and...write a book, why don't you?

mellow_yellow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your problem is, you are using too much energy on women. Relax and have fun. It shouldn't be a struggle. If you find yourself frustrated...leave. Have interesting things to do, that don't require women.

Oh, and...write a book, why don't you?
The thing is I'm not using much energy on women at all. I've done the whole "be laid back and just have fun" thing, but it's never really changed my dating situation. I just ended up having fun with my friends. That's it.

Wasn't trying to write a book so my bad about the length. I tend to write thoroughly (and concisely as I can) so the reader can understand where I stand instead of just saying I have dating issues. Not sure why you found it necessary to edit your original post to include that snidey remark. If the length was too hard to handle, you could've ignored my thread and enjoyed one of the many shorter ones instead.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl one: ABC always be closing. Despite what main stream says, going out with a girl and not pushing for sex is insulting to them.
You should always attempt sex.

Girl 2: Same thing. You aren't aggressive enough. Stacy probably liked you. But you turned her off by being way too passive. You have to be more dominate with women and in life.

Girl 3: This one I want to say just didn't find you attractive. If you ever find yourself on a date and it starts feeling like you're doing a frikkin job interview just end it.

My only other suggestion is date selection. Try to go on more fun dates.
Bowling, Skating, Frisby..
Anything but coffee or a meal. That's so boring, and it's hard to get them comfortable being touched by you at a dinner table.

Always invite them back to your place. Isolation is the key. You have to attempt sex.
They will forgive you for attempting sex before they are ready, even admire your confidence if done correctly. However, they will never forgive you for playing it too safe.

I'll leave you with something a leader in my company told me. He was mentoring me and I was wondering how come I haven't been promoted yet? I work early, stay late, rarely make mistakes.. what am I doing wrong?

He leaned over and said in a fatherly tone "Son, you dont ask for a promotion. You take it. "
It was one of those "aha" moments everyone gets a couple of in their life.
So I started doing supervisor duties. I started delegating to coworkers, coaching struggling employees until eventually people started asking " Did Chris get promoted?"

People noticed and not 2 weeks after we had that conversation I'm the supervisor now.

It applies with women and so many other things in life. You have to be aggressive with women. Nothing comes to a passive man.

Keep it going brother!

Last edited:

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
May be worth it to take stock of your conversational skills. Are you maintaining eye contact while talking to girls? Establishing some well-placed kino? Eye contact is huge, it establishes dominance.

Remember that dates have to be fun. Girls want to enjoy being with you. I'm sure your take on how the world works, food, etc. Is interesting to some, but she has to enjoy the topic too. And what topic do women enjoy the most? Themselves!

Keep the conversation on her, negging her playfully occasionally, then all of a sudden an hour has gone by and she's thinking how good of a listener you are.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is I'm not using much energy on women at all. I've done the whole "be laid back and just have fun" thing, but it's never really changed my dating situation. I just ended up having fun with my friends. That's it.

Wasn't trying to write a book so my bad about the length. I tend to write thoroughly (and concisely as I can) so the reader can understand where I stand instead of just saying I have dating issues. Not sure why you found it necessary to edit your original post to include that snidey remark. If the length was too hard to handle, you could've ignored my thread and enjoyed one of the many shorter ones instead.
Yeah, anyway... you're looking for results...the best results happen when you don't care about the results....

Live in the moment...roll with the punches.

And, try to have a backbone. Sounds like you're gonna need it.

Last edited:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read this last night and perhaps it is something you should consider:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...707/the-1-conversation-topic-great-first-date

The gist I get from reading your post is that you are having a hard time making an emotional connection with these women. The best way to do that is let the date be about them, not you. It seems the conversations are about what you like and not necessarily about what they like. You need to figure out what triggers their emotional switches.

Here are 2 key points from the article:

-chemistry was highest where the women were the subjects of conversation, and the men demonstrated understanding of the women. The bonding occurred through reciprocal role coordination, where the female was the focal point.

-Yet both sexes agreed on the most successful conversation topic: the woman.

I almost always make a good connection on first dates. If I can get a girl to agree to meet me, 90% of the time she will go out again and again. And its because I let them do 70% of the talking by getting them to talk about stuff they are passionate about. I do exactly what the article points out.

Any time I have deviated and made it more of a 50/50 conversation, she left feeling uncertain about the date.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read this last night and perhaps it is something you should consider:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...707/the-1-conversation-topic-great-first-date

The gist I get from reading your post is that you are having a hard time making an emotional connection with these women. The best way to do that is let the date be about them, not you. It seems the conversations are about what you like and not necessarily about what they like. You need to figure out what triggers their emotional switches.

Here are 2 key points from the article:

-chemistry was highest where the women were the subjects of conversation, and the men demonstrated understanding of the women. The bonding occurred through reciprocal role coordination, where the female was the focal point.

-Yet both sexes agreed on the most successful conversation topic: the woman.

I almost always make a good connection on first dates. If I can get a girl to agree to meet me, 90% of the time she will go out again and again. And its because I let them do 70% of the talking by getting them to talk about stuff they are passionate about. I do exactly what the article points out.

Any time I have deviated and made it more of a 50/50 conversation, she left feeling uncertain about the date.
Agreed! I think many men fall into the trap of talking too much. 70% listening is a good practice in general with all people. As they say.. "if your talking, your not learning anything" If you are good enough, you can even get non-talkers to talk most of the time. People love to talk about themselves.

mellow_yellow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Appreciate everyone's input. I'll practice being bolder when escalating and keep the conversation on her.

For the 1st girl, Monica and I were sitting side-by-side at the bar. I was touching her arm and back when it made sense in the conversation and she didn't react. How would you guys keep escalating in this situation? I know I can try for a kiss, but it can be an epic fail in a busy bar. Maybe it's better when saying goodbye until I'm confident enough to go for it whenever. Also, I was living at home at the time when I met up with her.

I tend to get bored when talking to women because it can easily become a Q&A session. How do you guys keep the conversation about her flowing smoothly without it deteriorating into "20 questions"? I think I'm having a hard time figuring out which topics she's passionate about. Haven't been able to get a woman to ramble on forever before.

RedZone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
during a convo she may say "I love this band" and instead of saying "oh cool" build off what she just said.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From your post you sound a lot like me. I also enjoy talking about how the world works how people think, behave, etc. The difference betweem me and you is I'm a chameleon. I can go from deep intellectual talk to the latest celeb gossip in 2 secs.

You are rarely going to find your intellectual match in women and the women that do match you won't be interested in. You need to learn to tailor your conversation depending who you're talking to.

I find with people with a higher than average IQ (as myself) they have a hard time communicating because of the complex angles they approach things. Gotta dumb yourself down bro.

SuckItUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Appreciate everyone's input. I'll practice being bolder when escalating and keep the conversation on her.

For the 1st girl, Monica and I were sitting side-by-side at the bar. I was touching her arm and back when it made sense in the conversation and she didn't react. How would you guys keep escalating in this situation? I know I can try for a kiss, but it can be an epic fail in a busy bar. Maybe it's better when saying goodbye until I'm confident enough to go for it whenever. Also, I was living at home at the time when I met up with her.

I tend to get bored when talking to women because it can easily become a Q&A session. How do you guys keep the conversation about her flowing smoothly without it deteriorating into "20 questions"? I think I'm having a hard time figuring out which topics she's passionate about. Haven't been able to get a woman to ramble on forever before.
Continue to escalate until she pulls away, hesitates, or flinches. If she does one of those things then start again but move to the less intimate touch points.

Touch her hand touch her arm the closer to her breasts/vagine you go the better you are doing.

Of course do not grope until you've kissed a girl and even then you still need to ease into it especially the vagine.

Of course if you've got a woman so hot that she's begging for it get going toward your place.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
You lost her at "recently laid off".

Getting laid off and getting laid don't mix.

Getting laid off and jerking off do however mix.

Ask me how I know.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score

Bro, in a bar it's easy. Get her drunk, make a move. If she's drunk, she will give in. If she's not, she will give in if she is in the mood.

Hard time to figure out what she's passionate about? Ask her; Where are you from? What do you do? Do you like it? Want to go for a drink ALONE?

It's not brain surgery bro. How do you guys hold down a job in the real world?

Reaction score
From your post you sound a lot like me. I also enjoy talking about how the world works how people think, behave, etc. The difference betweem me and you is I'm a chameleon. I can go from deep intellectual talk to the latest celeb gossip in 2 secs.

You are rarely going to find your intellectual match in women and the women that do match you won't be interested in. You need to learn to tailor your conversation depending who you're talking to.

I find with people with a higher than average IQ (as myself) they have a hard time communicating because of the complex angles they approach things. Gotta dumb yourself down bro.
In one of the great paradoxes of the world, if you try to talk intellectually to a girl, she will think you're stupid or weird/crazy.

This is why currently, the only way I can communicate with them is money --> sex.