Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm Marrying Internet Girl. Anyone Been Through this Successfully????

NeverFear

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm planning on marrying a wonderful woman I met online. She's from Iowa. She has agreed to move here. She's very intelligent and has a good job. She seems grounded and a giver. NOt a drama queen. Not overly materialistic.

But I still want some advice. Any of you guys ever been in this situation???? Any pitfalls to avoid? Stuff to consider???

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After my initial WTF response and chuckling, I ask you this:

-How long have you known this person?
-Have you meet this person?
-Have you spent enough time together to really get to know each other?

-Have you seen her without makeup?
:D

Reaction score
-How long have you known this person?Have you meet this person,Have you spent enough time together to really get to know each other
Dude we need more details to give you a proper answer, answer the question Hollowpoint asked and you'll get advice.

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this guy who moved from Sweden to Brazil to marry this girl. They got off on the right food and now are very happy. They met over the internet and married each other after a few months.

This doesn't mean that your marrige will or won't work out. He visited the girl a few times before they got married so he knew what he was getting into. She was a great girl, he was a great guy, and they decided they'll make a great couple, and they did.

If you think it will work they it probably will, as long as you're not still AFC and can't see through fake people.

Hollowpoint listed good questions that you need to consider especially the last one ;-)

Reaction score
1. your WHAT!!!!!!

2. how well do you know this woman? You said she seems to be this or that. This is marriage your talking about, not dating.

3. why don't you date her and live together before you jump the broom (get married)

4. My son christopher met a french girl in paris on a french chat room and went over and married her within a few weeks of getting there. That was one week after 9-11 and I haven't seen his face since...although I do talk to him everyday on IM.

so excuse me if I am going off a little on you. but marrying someone whom you don't know is ABOUT THE DUMBEST AND STUPIDEST THINK I'VE HEARD ABOUT TWICE IN MY LONG ASSED LIFE!!!!

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Dude you are the biggest douche bag ive ever seen post here.

Go ahead, marry her.

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is really funny seeing myself post and others refer to me as Hollowpoint....

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NeverFear
She seems grounded and a giver. NOt a drama queen. Not overly materialistic.
If you don't know whether she is or not, then you don't know her well enough to marry her. You shouldn't have to say "she seems", you should know. Spend a few months living together, see what you're really like together. If you still want to get married, then I'd suggest going for it. Meeting a few times, for a week or two each time, isn't enough to say "okay, let's get married". That is, unless you're an AFC or a guy like WWu...

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's be clear. A lot of the guys on this site will tell you that it's idiotic to meet women online. A large plurality of the guys on this site will not recommend you get married, EVER.

Combining those two things is just a recipe for disaster.

And, then, to ask this question...

Originally posted by NeverFear
Any of you guys ever been in this situation????
That's a really dumb question, frankly.

Of course we've all been in that situation. I can't even tell you how many girls from Iowa I've met online and asked to marry me.

Don't listen to these guys, I don't see what could POSSIBLY go wrong with such a fantastic master plan.

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cyber hi!!!!

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
Dude you are the biggest douche bag ive ever seen post here.

Go ahead, marry her.

Holy shyt man. This made me laugh out loud.

NeverFear you should be afraid. Be very afraid. If you are seriously considering marrying a chick you've never met in person then you have a screw loose or something.

She may be a great girl. But give it some time. Alot of time.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neverfear, please don't be vague here. I bet she's fat too.

SxyPlayette

Don Juan
Reaction score
considering u haven't answered I'm guessing u haven't met her. But if u have then goodluck, if not, I'll advice u to meet her, spend some time together, 1month, 2 months and if u dont drive eachother insane then u can get hitched and live together for a lifetime. u're life, u're choice. But for u to ask means u have doubts.

Ballistik

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really hoping this is a joke. If not, you have to meet her in person before something like this. Preferably a lot.

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my aunt's second marriage has been to a guy she met online. they've been together for 5 years now. so, to answer your question, yes, it can work.

now here's the problem. those who search don't usually find. when you go looking you are doing to yourself something like what in the courtroom they call "leading". you are leading yourself psychologically. you are priming yourself to feel a certain way for whoever the next girl you find instead of being selective and going after a chick because you had excellent vibes to start with, let the relationship slowly develop, slowly matures into a marriage after you know beyond all doubt she's the one.

i totally disagree with looking for women online because it goes against the natural flow of how a healthy lasting relationship should develop.

i even heard from my sister that my aunt may be getting a divorce soon so even that example is questionable.

best possible way to find LTR is not to be looking and go for the one that totally vibes with you. don't prime yourself, don't search, don't except something because you want to be in a relationship.

-J

Ballistik

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dekka, I'm not sure I agree with you on that one. Why can't you be selective in online dating as well? Only keep up contact with girls you do have good vibes with and leave the rest behind?

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ballistik
Dekka, I'm not sure I agree with you on that one. Why can't you be selective in online dating as well? Only keep up contact with girls you do have good vibes with and leave the rest behind?
dude cuz how do you get an online vibe?? maybe im missing something, maybe im just old school, but common, what happened to the old fashioned way?

plus there's something else, meeting women in real life takes more balls than meeting them in a chat room. if you start out something with no risk then how do you expect it to last? i dunno, technically it could work out, but i don't like the dynamic one bit and i would never do it.

Ballistik

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DEKKA
dude cuz how do you get an online vibe?? maybe im missing something, maybe im just old school, but common, what happened to the old fashioned way?

plus there's something else, meeting women in real life takes more balls than meeting them in a chat room. if you start out something with no risk then how do you expect it to last? i dunno, technically it could work out, but i don't like the dynamic one bit and i would never do it.
I've tried the internet thing before, and probably will keep doing it off and on. It's been relatively successful.

There definitely is such a thing as an online vibe. I can't describe it more than just by saying that you can tell really quickly when you have a conversation with someone on AOL whether or not you click. I've met some girls who bored me to tears and some who I couldn't stop talking to. I know, I know, it's a pretty piss-poor description, but even for someone only a few years younger than yourself, the internet makes dating a lot different. Say hi to the AIM generation.

Obviously meeting women in real life is better. No one's saying to give that up. But that doesn't mean you can't try the internet thing and see how it works out. And, hey, if you have a good vibe with someone, you always try to meet 'em in person. That's the whole point of the thing, after all. It can go great, and it can go terribly. I've had both. Just depends on your skills and your luck.

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a friend who met His Wife on the Internet.
They now have been married now for a few years and have kids.
So YES, it CAN work successfully. The Internet is a TOOL.
Neither good, nor evil. I've used the Internet to get Jobs, buy all kinds of stuff, etc. When using the Internet to get a Date or a Wife, You simply need to use common sense just like you would if you met a lady out in the "Real World". Obviously, once you have met someone online, and things are going well, then you take the next step and met her in-person. Then you date her for as long as you normally would with anybody in order to get as accurate an idea as possible of your compadibilty.
It's not rocket science. Those of you who say that it's crazy to date or marry someone you met online need to wake-up and realize this is the year 2004! I have met several women myself that I never would have met otherwise if it wasn't for the Internet.