Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm going 30 days of not drinking alcohol..

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok this is day one. I am going the next month without drinking a single drop of alcohol. I have been heavily drinking the last few months or so for social reasons and I need to tone it down a bit. I figure the best way to do it is to stop cold turkey.

Drinknig has also hampered my bulking up efforts. I have gained some good arm and back/leg muscle but my stomach seems to be going the way of the Heineken. I got a little fat roll on the bottom of my six pack (around my belly button). I blame this on beer... dammit! So now it is time to replace this fine drink with H20.

I want to get a universal "dry" month from everyone here. Who is in this with me? NO DRINKING UNTIL JUNE 27th. Get your a$$ in shape and get to the gym. Smoke what you want, chew what you want but no damn alcohol... got it?

Later.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah i'm in the same boat. Been knocking back the beers (and vodkas!) for the last month or so also for social reasons and its time to give it a rest. Got a couple more heavy nights this week then that's it for a while. Never have a problem with weight gain from alcohol but it certainly affects my training and I need to get my eye back on the ball.

marqZAL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I quit drinking and smoking a few months ago... I am making out standing progress with my training....the only thing that sucks, is when I am out a night club, I dont get a crazy as I would drunk..I still pick chicks up sober and dance all night, i dont need alchol for that.....but after a few drinks I would end up in some weird but often times fun situations..

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's gonna be tough for you to quit cold turkey because you will always be craving a drink for some time. I gradually cut down on my drinking and now I have been sober for about a year. It's way better to be a non-drinker. I have just as much fun as when I used to be a piss tank when I go out. Plus... I can pick up way more chicks because I can think faster and be wittier around them.

BTW: You may just need to have something in your hand to feel comfortable, when you go out. Just replace the beer bottle with a glass of water and you will be fine.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally ive never actually craved alcohol and have just been partying a lot lately. Gets a little dull after a while anyway and am just looking forward to next week when I get my diet back on track and start some creatine and ZMA. Will do that for a month then introduce 1AD for a month then probably tribulus and 6-OXO - unless I change my mind and turn to the dark side completely lol.

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh the dark side is quite tempting. I think I'll keep it as my alter-ego. I swear that word was invented when Eminem became popular. Anyways. I am still sober and all... i'm drinking a Propel. Damn this stuff is good. Ahh fvck who am I kidding... I NEED A RED BULL AND JAGER NOW!!!!!!

2N Turbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quit drinkin? What are you crazy?

All that is going to do is save you a bunch of money. Goodluck, and hopefully at the end of your sentence you'll find it easier to stay away from the stuff.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I too am in that boat.

I stopped drinking for a week about a month ago and I dropped a noticable amount of body fat.

The way I figure, if I can cut down to about 25% of what I am drinking, I'll be able to rip down...

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL just had a skinfull so I guess it really is gonna have to be next week before I quit the demon drink. Great night tho!

willo

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm in

dude i'll be with you until the 12th

and i have a least one 21st in there as well. Damn it's going to be hard to go from 3 days a week to nothing. All my mates will be saying i'm weak.

I know on the 12th it will stop because it's my last exam.

Cheers

Janez

Don Juan
Reaction score
I will still drink but I quit smoking on monday. So now it is already 4 days I haven't smoked. :)

BAAudio

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, when you guys are talking about drinking a lot, how much are we talkin here? Everyday, or 3-4 times a week? Just trying to gauge.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
It's gonna be tough for you to quit cold turkey because you will always be craving a drink for some time. I gradually cut down on my drinking and now I have been sober for about a year. It's way better to be a non-drinker. I have just as much fun as when I used to be a piss tank when I go out. Plus... I can pick up way more chicks because I can think faster and be wittier around them.

BTW: You may just need to have something in your hand to feel comfortable, when you go out. Just replace the beer bottle with a glass of water and you will be fine.
When you say you have been sober for a year...does that mean you have not touched a drink in a year or have not been drunk in a year..BIG DIFFERENCE!! For personal reasons, I am trying to quit drinking completely too! The hard thing is, my one friend drinks like a fish, people will always ask you why you do NOT drink and hanging at a bar without buzz can get quite boring.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As of this week I'm getting serious about my fitness and diet regimen so the caffeine and alcohol are out.

I'm already getting compliments on my physique so for once in my life I'm gonna go all the way and see just how much of a badass mofo I can become.

I figure it will take me a few months to get down close to single digit b/f%. By that time hopefully I'll enjoy my appearance so much I'll have no desire to drink anymore.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Is there anything wrong with drinking coffee (diet and weight lifting purposes)? BTW, not drinking at the bars/clubs will save u loads of cash. I went to a club last weekend and they were charging $4.00 for a stinkin can of domestic CANNED beer.

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn I didnt think this would turn into the international sosuave "dry" month. Thanks for all your support guys, it has helped a lot. Most of my friends are drunk a$$ses so it has been hard. We played a show the other night and when I skipped the pre-show jager binge they gave me a lot of sheit but I stood my ground... and I played a lot better too.

Take it easy.

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with you. Its not really by choice but more because its the law. I got an MIP late April and my charges don't get cleared until June 30th when I have to return to court after taking a class here June 18-19. I drank at a senior party but thats it until June 30th. I like getting drunk but I don't feel urges to drink again. My friends will probably drink every weekend but to be honest, I can withstand the temptation because now that I have the balls to go to girls and date them, I can go with them instead of getting wasted at a party.

K56Connect

Don Juan
Reaction score
Give up Natty Ice and the Beast for a month!?!?! NEVER. I need alcohol's sweet sweet confidence boost to talk to chicks. When I'm sober, I just like to crawl in a corner and read or study. And, to the guy who said being sober makes his brain think quicker, for me I have to disagree totally on that one. The first five really get my brain moving and I speak 3 times as much as if I was sober. It's as if the alcohol is widening the blood vessels and getting more blood and oxygen (and alcohol) to my brain. My mind seems so much sharper when I've hit that sweet spot right before it all goes to hell and I'm slurring like a kid with Downs. Then I get that sh!tty look on my face and start going for any chick that doesn't have some guys arm around her yet.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luckily I'm not a heavy drinker.
Last time I drank one of my best buddys birthday party and it was 10th May. it's been 20 days.
It's been really lack of parties lately here.

BTW a year ago I broke my 5-6 months non-drinking period.
I don't know how I made it.

I smoke sometimes when I'm drinking or with some friends.
It's not heavy 2 cigarettes per month? It's really good when you are pissed off. Calms you down well.

When I'm out I usually drink a beer or two or few ;) to get the good feeling.
Quit drinkin? What are you crazy?
:D

EDIT: Well. I'm 18 in two months. So my drinking is going to increase. :p

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
way to go man

let us know how u r doin

i used to drink a lot like you

but i stopped slowly and put all that energy into lifting weights

it may seem lame but now i dont need the alcohol to have a good time