Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm boycotting the NFL

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And you should too.

As someone who has been accused by a woman of doing something that I did not do, Elliots suspension, after a court of law could not find enough evidence to file charges against him, is the line I draw in the sand. A woman should not be able to say I did something, not be able to prove it, and I lose 38% of my yearly income because of it. Which is what Elliot stands to lose if the suspension holds up.

Enough is enough. I won't watch any games. I won't watch highlights. I'm not doing anything with the NFL until they show that they take men's rights seriously.

Spread the word to as many as you can. We're not putting up with this ****.

Trainwreck

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, the organizations treatment of black men is pitiful. I've decided to low key boycott the NFL, but I promised to go a NFL game for my friends bday.

@Jonanthony

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately with this one ,i t seems they acted based on testimony of "witnesses" and texts that have been examined...so with access to that info the league has to be seen to be taking action... Reports keep saying "credible" proof....so as per the saying "truth will out"...

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't cared about the NFL in years. But I really started boycotting it over the Colin Kaepernick thing (which of course, you won't agree with).

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If Elliot's suspension holds up, it doesn't bother me, because we're talking about two different standards of proof. Criminal conviction requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt, and apparently they didn't think they had that here, probably because of questions about the credibility of the victim as a witness. Not sure what the standard of proof is for the NFL, they're probably going by a preponderance of the evidence. Which is how OJ was found not guilty but ended up being held responsible for the murders in a civil court.

I haven't followed this case closely, but I've heard there are photos of the woman in question. They conducted their own investigation and came to their conclusion, I don't think it's simply a case of he said, she said.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's LIKELY Elliott is guilty. The NFL's proof is not the same burden as the law and G-d bless em for that. They independently investigated for a year. And there are photos. The victim is less than stellar but they usually are.

I'm really considering boycotting this year because of the Colin Kaepernick thing (albeit because of his lack of job this year rather than his job last year) and because watching dudes slowly kill themselves isn't as fun as it used to be. At least the cte-causing hits were more exciting in the past.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guilt or innocence in court can be a complex thing. I don't know the exact charges and statute. Maybe lack of consent on her part was part of the charges, and she was laughing it up when that happened, so it is hard to win the jury over on the idea that she didn't want it to happen.

NFL player misconduct is, I'm sure, much broader than whether or not you get convicted. They have every right to declare that pulling a chick's t!ts out in public is not exactly role model behavior.

I loved football as a kid, and later lived in Tampa in the late 90's when the Bucs got good after being an orange joke for 20 years. Construction sites were flying the Bucs flag instead of the American flag. Everyone was into it. Today, I hardly ever watch or care about any one team. I barely watch the super bowl. I live near St Louis, and the Rams screwed the city over by leaving. They purposefully ran their stadium into the ground so they could throw a tantrum to get a new one. St Louis still has lawsuits pending over slip and fall accidents from the stadium, one of which was from Reggie Bush. He slipped and fell running out of bounds during a game, then sued the city by saying the floor was too slick. I went to a Rams game with free tickets a few years before they left, and it was a miserable experience. The place was filthy and there were only four doors, with huge lines to get in. It was hard to hear or see anything. I kept looking at all the dirt on the ceiling.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really considering boycotting this year because of the Colin Kaepernick thing (albeit because of his lack of job this year rather than his job last year) and because watching dudes slowly kill themselves isn't as fun as it used to be. At least the cte-causing hits were more exciting in the past.
So you want to take away a major revenue stream for a majority-black profession? Last time I checked, no one was forcing anyone to play football. No one forces anyone to work construction either, and it's probably more dangerous.

Laughable the 'concerns' people conjure up in their mind, in order to appear self-righteous.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean like this?
I don't give 2 fat sh*ts about the NFL. I admit it. You'd know that if you had read my post instead of hurried to post a bad re-direct.

That comment was meant for you, the resident forum lib.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The NFL in its current format is unwatchable. There are too many commercials, too many replays, too many games ending on controversial calls ie. the refs pick the winners. I had more fun going to local high school games than I ever did the few NFL games I attended. I prefer hiking on my Sunday afternoons. I haven't watched any NFL games the past 2 seasons and I don't plan on watching any this year either.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really considering boycotting this year because of the Colin Kaepernick thing (albeit because of his lack of job this year rather than his job last year)
You want to boycott the NFL because no one has hired Kaepernick?

I like football, and I am on several football forums. Not ONE of those forums allows discussion of the Kaepernick situation. They don't want any political discussion, they want the focus to be on football. So I really can't blame NFL teams for not wanting to bring a political activist onto their team.

Of course the protests continue anyway. Jason Whitlock suggested that the NFL play the national anthem before they bring the players out, that way fans wouldn't be offended by the flag being disrespected. I don't know of anyone personally who is in favor of police brutality or discrimination, but I think that protesting in this manner is divisive. The protesters are saying the country is not worth standing for, they're saying they want no part of the country. I understand that they feel oppressed, but it's not like the whole country is in favor of oppressing them, it's a few bad cops and a few bad apples. You don't change the country by saying you want no part of it, you change it by being a part of it. The same country that affords them the opportunity to earn millions, by the way.

Instead of disrespecting the flag, how about talking abput the problem, and what can be done about it? Nothing wrong with protesting, but I really believe choosing that platform as the manner of protest is a big mistake. As I said, it will only sow divisiveness.

I'm not even sure what would satisfy the protesters. There will always be bigotry, just as there will always be poverty and hate. How do you get rid of it?

Last edited:

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't give 2 fat sh*ts about the NFL. I admit it. You'd know that if you had read my post instead of hurried to post a bad re-direct.
To "boycott" something you have to give at least two fat sh!ts about it. Probably more. See, I did read your first post.

I understand that they feel oppressed, but it's not like the whole country is in favor of oppressing them, it's a few bad cops and a few bad apples.
This is true. I don't believe all police are murderers. But those that are continue to get away with it and don't face punishment the vast majority of time. And not enough of the good officers speak up or out against these police. This are what Kaepernick and many other people are protesting. NOT that police are bad but that they are killing people (of all colors btw) and getting away with it. "Police=Bad" is a simplistic and tribal narrative and unfortunately the amorphous Black Lives Matter has too many people expressing anger rather than reason even if their cause is just.

I wouldn't have brought Kaepernick up in a non-political football thread. I don't when talking football on the internet or in life. Too heated and an inappropriate discussion for something that is a meant to be a distraction. FWIW I though Kaepernick deciding to kneel instead of sit was a classy attempt at mediation. Still expressing himself but listening to those that feel disrespected.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course the protests continue anyway. Jason Whitlock suggested that the NFL play the national anthem before they bring the players out, that way fans wouldn't be offended by the flag being disrespected. I don't know of anyone personally who is in favor of police brutality or discrimination, but I think that protesting in this manner is divisive. The protesters are saying the country is not worth standing for, they're saying they want no part of the country. I understand that they feel oppressed, but it's not like the whole country is in favor of oppressing them, it's a few bad cops and a few bad apples. You don't change the country by saying you want no part of it, you change it by being a part of it. The same country that affords them the opportunity to earn millions, by the way.
You nailed it, man.

Instead of disrespecting the flag, how about talking abput the problem, and what can be done about it? Nothing wrong with protesting, but I really believe choosing that platform as the manner of protest is a big mistake. As I said, it will only sow divisiveness.
They don't care to talk about the issue, because curing that issue isn't what they want.

I'm not even sure what would satisfy the protesters. There will always be bigotry, just as there will always be poverty and hate. How do you get rid of it?
You don't. They don't want to get rid of it. They just want to profit from it, whether that's attention, money, etc.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true. I don't believe all police are murderers. But those that are continue to get away with it and don't face punishment the vast majority of time. And not enough of the good officers speak up or out against these police. This are what Kaepernick and many other people are protesting.
I'm all for that, 100%. I just think that they've chosen the wrong platform for it. I don't think it's helping the problem, it's just offending people, and p!ssing people off. Even if every single person in the stadium sat or kneeled for the anthem, would that really accomplish anything? I do agree that kneeling instead of sitting was a good move. I have no problem with the kneeling. It at least says what he wants to say without being disrespectful.

Trainwreck

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm all for that, 100%. I just think that they've chosen the wrong platform for it. I don't think it's helping the problem, it's just offending people, and p!ssing people off. Even if every single person in the stadium sat or kneeled for the anthem, would that really accomplish anything? I do agree that kneeling instead of sitting was a good move. I have no problem with the kneeling. It at least says what he wants to say without being disrespectful.
It's obviously accomplishing something because he has caused a lot of awareness in the situation and garnered a lot of attention for himself. Offending people? Yes he's going to offend a lot of people because most conservative minded Americans support the police and his stance is attacking that idea. In my honest opinion, it's just a piece of fabric and song, but y'all are acting like this guy is murdering people on the street to support his cause. There's been dog killers, alleged rapists and women beaters that were able to get back in the NFL but y'all gonna black ball this guy over his position over a piece of fabric. Get real please!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's obviously accomplishing something because he has caused a lot of awareness in the situation and garnered a lot of attention for himself. Offending people? Yes he's going to offend a lot of people
First of all, the issue was already being discussed because they had the Black Lives Matter protests going on before he ever started sitting.

Second, it's not like he's a murderer, that's a big overstatement. If he was a murderer, people would want him in jail.

Third, I don't think he is being blackballed, at least not by an intentional conspiracy. It's just that no one considers it worth hiring him. Because his actions are a distraction from football, and they will offend a certain percentage of the customers. How many jobs do you know where you can go to work and your employers allow you to p!ss off the customers? Is that good for business? Do you get to go to work and make political statements? Is that what you are hired for? If he wants to protest, that's fine, but I believe his choice of the way to go about it was a mistake.

It's not about the fabric, he said he can't stand in pride for the country. The same country that guarantees his right to protest. He is separating himself. It sends the message "I don't want to be a part of you or your country". I understand his anger and his concern, but again, I think the way he's gone about it in the wrong way. He should be sending a message of unity, not division.

Shannon Sharpe said yesterday "We have to make the protest uncomfortable for you, or you'll just continue doing things the same way". Now I understand his point, but think about human nature. The usual reaction would be "You want to make things uncomfortable for me? You want to turn up the heat on me? Fvck you". The people he's making uncomfortable didn't shoot anybody. At what point is he going to be able say "Okay, I can stand for the anthem"? It's not like discrimination is legal. When will anyone ever be able to say that bigotry is wiped out? He may as well just sit forever.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NFL has basically turn into slavery or property for the players, I wish one day the players will stop playing for at least two games, and make the owners suffer

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Third, I don't think he is being blackballed, at least not by an intentional conspiracy. It's just that no one considers it worth hiring him. Because his actions are a distraction from football, and they will offend a certain percentage of the customers. How many jobs do you know where you can go to work and your employers allow you to p!ss off the customers?
All it will take is one team in need of a quarterback and one owner willing to roll the dice. Look at Michael Vick. That pissed off a lot of customers. Dog abuse and the abhorrence thereof, in fact, cuts across racial lines. There were plenty of protests wherever the Eagles traveled. And I'm sure to this day a lot of people don't believe Vick deserved to ply his trade after what he did.

I'm not saying a team should sign Kaepernick just because a team signed Vick. But given the shortage of talent at the position, I will be surprised if he's not at least a backup somewhere. If I were an owner, I'd let the bloviators bloviate in August, then sign him right before opening weekend, when attention shifts to FOOTBAW!

As an aside, I wonder how much owners love this story since it distracts from concussions and CTE.