Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Im 30 and live with my parents (how sad is this)

IamJosan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You pay $350 for rent? Bro, you're livin' the life! When I lived in Santa Barbara I was paying $900 for my own, tiny-a$$ room! Now that's pathetic!

LoneWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i actually know many people who live at home still, late 20's etc. one friend is about 31 and lives with his mother ever since i known him.. he has a long term gf who loves him very much and often stays with him there... another one of my friends lives at home he is 27 and lives with both his parents. he bought his own house recently though but isn't living in it. still lives with his parents. he's loving it, gets free food, washing done. oh and he is italian. i think middle east, europian families are different. my family is the same, i'd never get kicked out of home, we are mostly all close to each other. i have to pay my rent though so its not like im bumming around living off my mother. i sometimes live alone when she goes away and have to wash, clean, cook, go shopping and all that for myself.

just depends what your situation is if you are living with parents. id get pretty lonely living alone and i like my mother being around. we are close and have been through a lot.

GhostWriter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I excelled very well academically for the first two years of college.

Then I dropped out to open a business, in which I moved into a townhouse with some friends.

5 years later I went broke, the only option was for me to finish my degree. I swallowed my pride and moved back home to finish school...

I'm 25 and will be graduating college this year. Whenever I meet mew women and they give me that, "You're still living at home with your parents?"

I tell them... In 4 years I'll have a graduate degree with a high paying job and a place of my own (I already bought an expensive luxury car :p).

Never mind the fact that I take care of the house chores and grocery shopping. I don't tell them that because I do it for my parents, not to impress some b!tch.

I think as long as they know it's temporary and you've got goals then that's okay.

Even if that's not the case, It's the smart thing to do if you're struggling. Chances are if they're going to judge you on that, then you don't need a stuck up b!tch anyways.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
GhostWriter said:
I excelled very well academically for the first two years of college.

Then I dropped out to open a business, in which I moved into a townhouse with some friends.

5 years later I went broke, the only option was for me to finish my degree. I swallowed my pride and moved back home to finish school...

I'm 25 and will be graduating college this year. Whenever I meet mew women and they give me that, "You're still living at home with your parents?"

I tell them... In 4 years I'll have a graduate degree with a high paying job and a place of my own (I already bought an expensive luxury car :p).

Never mind the fact that I take care of the house chores and grocery shopping. I don't tell them that because I do it for my parents, not to impress some b!tch.

I think as long as they know it's temporary and you've got goals then that's okay.

Even if that's not the case, It's the smart thing to do if you're struggling. Chances are if they're going to judge you on that, then you don't need a stuck up b!tch anyways.
Amen. A young Brother with some sense.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, you're not too bad, considering you pay rent. Some of my first cousins, one who is 31, has ALWAYS lived with her parents and she doesn't pay a single bill. Her brother, which of course is also my cousin, is 21, doesn't have a job and obviously does not pay for a damn thing. Their youngest sister which of course is also my cousin, is about to be 18 and she's going off to one of the best colleges in the country, so she's moving out in August.

When I turned 18 and graduated high school, I was thrown out of the house by my mom and my oldest sister was also thrown out when she was 18, (now 26 and has her own place/car/bio degree/etc.) She never looked back.

I'm not moving back home either unless I really, really have to and even then, I won't be there for long. I enjoy having my own place way too much.

OP, if you wanna move out, then be like Nike and just do it. Living with your parents doesn't make you pathetic, living with your parents and not having any goals does.

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ghostwriter has it right....MAIN POINT.
IF some ***** is going to judge you for living at home, because you are trying to better yourself..

Walk right out on her at the date She isn't worth it....Move on

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's a good way to see what kind of girl they are. if they don't like you just cause of that, then you're probably better off without her. it's like me, i know girls don't want me for money because i ain't rich or anything atm. kind of just surviving to be honest. so when i'm with a girl at least i know it's because of who i am.

GhostWriter

Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
Some sense but not too much. He did buy an "expensive luxury car" instead of waiting to finish college and get the good job first.

Expensive cars are a proven bad decision (unless you make the big bucks to afford them).
I think you failed to fully comprehend my situation/post.

I wasn't even in college at the time, I dropped out after 2 years. (Yes, I was on dean's list)

I was pulling in close to six figures (opened my own business) at the age of 21, It's not like I plunked down 100% of my liquidity on an expensive luxury car.

Luxury cars are nothing but a mere depreciating asset, but it was warranted for those 5 years I wasn't attending college.

But that's besides the point. I think the OP is more concerned about what girls will think of him still living at home.

If a girl cannot have any empathy towards your temporary situation, then what can you expect of her when you're going through another rough patch?

For me, I don't care where a girl is in her life. As long as she's not stagnant and continually working to improve her life.

I can only expect the same.