Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Im 30 and live with my parents (how sad is this)

SteveTheDon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I pay rent here $350 a month for a room and utilities and am paycheck to paycheck now.. just turned 30 a week ago.. how do I get out of this? I had my own place many time, lived with my sons mom for 9 years, last year had an apt with a gf, we broke up and I got a broken lease on my record now.. is there any hope??? feeling pretty low right now so please dont haggle me, I know its pathetic.. thanks..

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep your head up andn do it one step at a time. Your first course of action is to make some goals you want to accomplish. Such as when you would like to find an apartment and budget how much you think you will need. You also need to find a better job. Living paycheck to paycheck is very risky. Keep your heads up. Things probably can't get worse.

SteveTheDon

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks, I had a dude from work have a room open in his huge house, its a bit more rent, but I didnt know if it would matter.. im kinda recluse but it wouldnt be my parents..

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a man that was living with his parents when he was ****ing 49 years old and his wife and him lived in the basement lol what knida **** is that lol

oh yeah, that man was president Truman. 11 years later he would become the president of the united states.

suck it up and turn your life around

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
The only shame is what you lay on yourself.

You live with your 'rents, so the fvck what? You're not fvcking homeless, begging people with sob stories about your "out-of-gas ride". You're not asking for money to drink away your ills.

Use this opportunity to clean up your financial situation. Thank your Parents, then go out on your own.

This means not relying on a goddamned woman to save you from yourself.

georgie24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
The only shame is what you lay on yourself.

You live with your 'rents, so the fvck what? You're not fvcking homeless, begging people with sob stories about your "out-of-gas ride". You're not asking for money to drink away your ills.

Use this opportunity to clean up your financial situation. Thank your Parents, then go out on your own.

This means not relying on a goddamned woman to save you from yourself.
i was just going to say that

enjoy the ride man, when your knee deep with bills being a DJ or what have you isnt high on priority list:kick:

Htienvu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nothing wrong with living at home! I love it :D and my mom is happy that I am around. I am more family orientated. Doesn't effect my game one bit.

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
THe only reason why you feel bad about it is because WOMEN make you feel bad about it....

Us gusy don't give a **** if another dude still lives at home with his parents trying to get that bread up.

I know how you feel as I am a recluse too. If you think about it..The ONLY reason whyus men are in such a rush to get out of the house is because of Females.

Otherwise men would be living at home longer. A good Woman will understand your story. I bet men don't hold Women accountable for still living at home as much as they do us?

Independance is everything and i am not saying just live at home. If you can afford to get out ..get your ass out for your parent's sake. Yet, if you don't have it all together yet no shame in saving up and getting your financials in order.

Think about it

LoneWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm 27 almost and live with my mother... although my story is a lil different. i moved to a different state because i had no choice. i was living with my whole family but we are all pretty much seperated and fuked up. my brother and father live together because they drink and smoke. there was massive violence, fighting every single day. i sh1t you not. parties almost every night too. i could not sleep even. i had to stay at friends house all the time or even walk about in the streets just to get out of the house... it was pretty bad.

me and my mom decided to leave finally after years of that crap and yeah, i am living with her now, sharing rent. sometimes i live alone though because she goes away for a while to visit family overseas. sometimes for 3 months, sometimes 5 months.

oh and i have been seeing a really nice girl for 2 months now, so being at home doesn't really affect my game or anything. i've had plenty of girls come to my house and we fuk in the room, lol. plus momma always cooks nice food and does washing for me. it's awesome. i'm not in a rush to move out.

Brownrice

Don Juan
Reaction score
As a man, I personally don't think it's cool to live with your parents after 24. It has nothing to do with women. You should aim to have your own apartment by 23. It's part of being a man. I guess I'm too American bc it seems to be normal for men in their 30s to be living at home in certain cultures.

Unless you're caring for your sick mother, it's kinda lame.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Brownrice said:
It's part of being a man. I guess I'm too American bc it seems to be normal for men in their 30s to be living at home in certain cultures.

Unless you're caring for your sick mother, it's kinda lame.
I suppose you're too "American" to spell out because. It's far too lazy "American" to talk in fvcking internet speak.

That's what 14 year old "American" chicks do.

Part of being a man is not being a lazy douche. That's what's lame.

I'll agree with you that it's every Man's goal to be out on his own, providing solely for himself. However, sometimes life deals you a sh!tty hand. You play it the best way you know how to.

The end result determines your growth as a masculine figure other men are proud to make an example of.

RSanders219

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, I know how you feel. You're older than me but I'm in the same situation. 22 years old, I work a dead end job 6 days a week sometimes 7, and live with my mother.

My mother and I really don't get along. She's an alcoholic and gets violent mood swings through her drinking. My father and I also have a bad history together. I've been kicked out of the house off and on and have lived everywhere from outside in a tent in the woods, in a broken down van, and crashing on friends couches. All I can say is be thankful that you're parents welcome you into their home. Also, if you want to move out.. Set some goals for yourself, and once you have these goals organized, take action upon them. Do not hesitate one minute to do this!

I personally want to get out of my mother's house as soon as possible, so I decided to sign up for some courses at my local community college and get my associate's degree. In the meantime I'm saving every penny that I can from my job.

And one more recommendation. Pick up a copy of "Think And Grow Rich" from your local library or bookstore. This book is truly motivational and has changed my perception on life in the most positive way possible.

Good luck Steve, I wish for you the best!

Brownrice

Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
I suppose you're too "American" to spell out because. It's far too lazy "American" to talk in fvcking internet speak.

That's what 14 year old "American" chicks do.

Part of being a man is not being a lazy douche. That's what's lame.

I'll agree with you that it's every Man's goal to be out on his own, providing solely for himself. However, sometimes life deals you a sh!tty hand. You play it the best way you know how to.

The end result determines your growth as a masculine figure other men are proud to make an example of.
Haha, I had to laugh at you. You need a fcking hug. Tell me why you're really mad bc my spelling is definitely not the real reason.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my mom kicked my ass out the house the DAY i turned 18 lol. i hated her for it at the time, for a long time actually but i will do the same thing to my son, as much as i love him, kid's gotta grow some hair on their nutts.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
my mom kicked my ass out the house the DAY i turned 18 lol. i hated her for it at the time, for a long time actually but i will do the same thing to my son, as much as i love him, kid's gotta grow some hair on their nutts.

Same here. Dad was a military man. His word was "When you turn 18, college army or job. Either way, you're leaving here."

My older brother did a brief stint back home, after a few house parties and girls sleeping over, they nixed that and then told me if I needed rent money they would sort me out for a month or two, but they weren't going to let me move home.

This is why I have always kept a "hustle". I always keep something going on the side that can make me a few hundred bucks a month or that I can ramp up into a grand or two a month. It's why I lost my job 2 months ago and I just made a grand this week, paid rent and my car note.

If you are living at home to regroup, get to the next level, save money, go back to school, save for a custody battle, take care of your parents, there is no shame in that. If you are doing it and you don't know why....then yah you need to double your hustle and get on your grind.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are paying rent, then the fact that your parents own the property is irrelevant. You're a tenant, not a guest. Also, for whatever it's worth, the US is the only place I know of that attaches stigma to living with your parents. You would be quite normal in most countries.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
If you are paying rent, then the fact that your parents own the property is irrelevant. You're a tenant, not a guest. Also, for whatever it's worth, the US is the only place I know of that attaches stigma to living with your parents. You would be quite normal in most countries.
Here is something ironic

--In Italy men are known for living with their parents well into their 30's.

--In America you're expected to be out of the house soon after 18 or women look down on you.

--Italian men are known for being some of the best when it comes to women. They're known for being sexually aggressive and having sort of natural game. Italian men and French men are considered at the top when it comes to the game. Maybe it's the latin blood who knows.

--American men on the other hand are probably near or at the bottom when it comes to women. The land where men have to pay for seminars to be taught how to talk to women.

I just find it ironic how italian men living in their 30's at home with their parents are so much better with women than the "independent minded" american male who struggles with women.

RockaRolla25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember the talk about "being the prize?"

How does a woman see a man still living at home as a "prize" to be won? Saving money is one thing, but if you have a dead-end job and are living with your parents into your 30's with no intentions of changing, how are you a prize? You are just a lazy bum in this case.

I don't think it's the fact that men live at home. I think it's the fact that a lot of the men are bums who are lazy. If you meet a woman and tell her you are saving up money to buy a house, that is not a problem.

But if you meet a woman and say "Hey! I'm 30 and work in the Best Buy Electronics department making minimum wage," how can you expect her to just drop her panties for you?

Can someone give me an example of a "great catch" that works as a cashier at Best Buy?