Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

IL too low from the get-go?

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matched with an HB8 on the apps 2 days ago. She messages me saying "you had me with that picture (references one of my photos). Also, my instagram is ____."

I don't add her on instagram (not trying to orbit) and cont. to proceed with small talk. Before I ask, she ends up offering her number within 2 messages. We text a little throughout the day and I invite her to grab a drink Thursday night. She does not respond for 24 hours until 7PM today and says "I'm free!"

I give her the location and time and she replies "I have to be up at 6AM on Friday. I like to go to bed by 930 most nights. Would you be open to going somewhere around here?"

She lives about 20 min from me. The travel isn't the issue to me. My question to the group is: although we haven't met and I'm literally nothing to this girl at this point, is taking 24 hours to respond as well as requesting me to come to her so she can essentially go to bed and cut the date short too low of IL to pursue?

My gut is telling me to just say "Hey, let's reschedule to next week for a day when I don't get out of work late and you don't get up for work early. How does Monday night sound?" or to just never message this girl again as there are too many rules to meet up with her for date #1

Thanks boys.

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My gut is telling me to just say "Hey, let's reschedule to next week for a day when I don't get out of work late and you don't get up for work early. How does Monday night sound?"
Could be worth it, but this is also the perfect time for a “take away” if the logistics of the date aren’t to your liking. Just what you said above.

Her response will reveal more of her interest level. But I think she’s enthusiastic by offering all those details on her schedule and she actually wants to fit you in. You can’t expect much more for a first date(as far as interest level signals) from OLD IMO.

Last edited:

Serenity

Reaction score
Taking a long time to respond, hmmm. Probably the same stupid game many guys on this forum has tried to pull off, trying not to come off as too desperate thinking the other person will be more interested. Well, here you can all see the truth of this "trick", OP doesn't think her interest level is high enough. That's the reality of how it is to be on the receiving end of someone taking forever to respond.

She might even be very interested if she went out of her way to wait so long, just to make sure you don't view her as some hoe who will take just about anything immediately.

It's a first date, it doesn't have to be super long and if the date goes well she will be wanting more for next time. A short first date isn't necessarily bad.

What message would it send to her if you reschedule for next week? Oh, he's not really that interested then, trying to avoid it. How would you react if SHE flaked like that? I bet you'd think she wasn't that interested.

Again, it's just a first date. Don't overthink it, just go. You can meet her this week for a short time and if all goes well you can see her next week too for a bit longer.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matched with an HB8 on the apps 2 days ago. She messages me saying "you had me with that picture (references one of my photos). Also, my instagram is ____."

I don't add her on instagram (not trying to orbit) and cont. to proceed with small talk. Before I ask, she ends up offering her number within 2 messages. We text a little throughout the day and I invite her to grab a drink Thursday night. She does not respond for 24 hours until 7PM today and says "I'm free!"

I give her the location and time and she replies "I have to be up at 6AM on Friday. I like to go to bed by 930 most nights. Would you be open to going somewhere around here?"

She lives about 20 min from me. The travel isn't the issue to me. My question to the group is: although we haven't met and I'm literally nothing to this girl at this point, is taking 24 hours to respond as well as requesting me to come to her so she can essentially go to bed and cut the date short too low of IL to pursue?

My gut is telling me to just say "Hey, let's reschedule to next week for a day when I don't get out of work late and you don't get up for work early. How does Monday night sound?" or to just never message this girl again as there are too many rules to meet up with her for date #1

Thanks boys.
There are a lot of possibilities here and other posters above have valid possiblities as well.

Here's another one:
- Her offering up her IG right away. Hmmm. Not sure about that but it could be a way for you to efficiently get a snapshot into her life and what it's about. Some girls operate like this. In this society where everything has to be instant, some girls also wanna size you up as efficiently as possibly by looking through your IG account and seeing if you have certain things that interests them and vice versa.

- Her offering up her number in 2 messages can mean: 1. She's a serial dater, 2. She has a carefree mind and doesn't think things through a lot. 3. She's trying to lure you into something

- Her not responding for 24 hours can mean she's playing the game, she's weighing her other options and trying to organize her schedule, She needs to think about it since you asked so soon. Depending on her age, she could've used that time to ask her peers for advice or approval. Just like what you do here.

- 20min is not a big investment and first dates don't have to last a long time. Think of it as a first round interviews that no one really wants to invest a lot in.

This gal sounds like she wants to do whatever is the most convenient and easiest for her and the fact that she's a HB8, she's probably used to getting her way.

As long as it's low investment, I'd go for it. Right now, you are nothing more than another set of words behind a computer screen. Where you can really shine is meeting them in person. That could elevate you from being a #3 on her roster to a #1.

If the date goes really well, she might be willing to break her bed time to extend the date too. I've had that happen before.

TL;DR - Go for it

Sir FB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Taking a long time to respond, hmmm. Probably the same stupid game many guys on this forum has tried to pull off, trying not to come off as too desperate thinking the other person will be more interested. Well, here you can all see the truth of this "trick", OP doesn't think her interest level is high enough. That's the reality of how it is to be on the receiving end of someone taking forever to respond.
This is f-ing brilliant.

Serenity

Reaction score
This is f-ing brilliant.
Thanks, but it should be common sense. Women are different about some things, blah blah blah, but I think the ridiculousness of waiting 24 hours for a response from anyone is universal. There's been many ideas about playing the waiting game and how it works, the truth is that it doesn't work.

It has been theorized by PUA's that it makes the other person infinitely curious, but with a billion options I don't see how anyone would waste their time with someone who doesn't respond. Imagine waiting an hour for a webpage to load, you don't, it doesn't respond, you lose interest and quit. It has also been theorized that it shows you're not desperate, but again, it ends up showing very low interest.

Showing disinterest is just about as bad as showing desperation. The answer is as usual somewhere in the middle, the key is to definitely show your interest, but not to the point of desperation/need. Women want to be desired just like everyone else, just not to the point of suffocation. It's that suffocating feeling that turns them off from overly committed dudes.

Women want the paradoxical man. The man who worships them, but will stand his ground no matter what if his boundaries are being challenged. Most men tip in one direction or the other, they're either all jellyfish or they're all rock solid. The good old jerk vs nice guy paradox, the only way to succeed is to be a little bit of both.

It's just common sense!

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, make the goddam date.

When a door is open, walk through it. Don’t need to analyze every possibility for why it is.

You guys got to stop analyzing everything before a first date. The #1 objective is to get in front of her face.
You're right man. I'm going tonight! I'll post updates.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thanks boys.
It depends what other options you've got.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I don't wanna hear another bucking story from you. You've been on a roll lately. Ha :up:

You're definitely making up for that bad marriage you were in.
Hahaha thanks my man! This will be the 3rd HB8 I've been with in the past 2 weeks if I'm successful tonight. I feel on top of the world right now. I owe a lot of this shiit to all of you guys though. I'm really glad I found out about this forum. This is stuff that my friends just don't "get". They think it is all misogyny and BS. It's nice to have found a community of guys who think the same!

And yes, I don't miss being married one single bit...

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo

Thanks boys.
She is aggressive,...on OLD of all things. That means she probably has 50 guys lined up because no guy is going to turn her down. You may be number 37.
Personally I don't really believe she is an "8",...an "8" would never be aggressive,...no need to be,...in fact she would be the opposite in order to weed out any weak & timid guys who aren't bold enough to approach her.

No matter how you see yourself personally,...SHE sees you as a Beta. Women make rules for Betas,...and they break rules for Alphas. She makes you wait for her to reply, gets picky about the meeting time, and makes a point for you to come to her. Like I said, you may be #37 out of 50 waiting in line.

Last edited:

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Subtract 2 from everything.

2 SMV from any guys HB rating (8 is really an HB6)
2 inches from stated height
2 inches from his internet wang size
Hahaha you're right about this one, she's an HB8 in pictures.... I guess we will see IRL tonight.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We have to over analyze because modern women are dumb as hell, one wrong move and they class it as submissive Beta energy.

Yet they see the Alpha in a guy whos jogging pants are round his knees, with no driving licence

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Went on the date and it went well! Met up at the spot near her place. When we were looking to order she began to bring up dinner items (scallops, steak tips, etc.) although we had said we were meeting up to get drinks. The old me would of just went along with it but I said "Oh, I already ate dinner. I thought our original plan was to grab a drink?" She immediately looked embarrassed and apologized and said "I should plan better, I didn't even realize we agreed to just drinks. I don't really drink much, but we could get an app instead?" We ended up splitting 2 app, no drinks. (I was not about to buy dinner date #1....).

Great convo throughout the night and I initiated kino a few times. Afterwards she suggested walking down the main strip of the town as it was a nice night and there were some great spots to sight see. We walked for a little and I grabbed her hand and held it as we walked. She seemed pretty nervous but happy for the gesture and got closer to me as we walked.

Eventually she turns to me and says "well, this is my car here." Timing felt right and she was staring at me smiling so I went in for it. Strip was empty so we ended up making out for a few minutes and when I went to leave (asked if she planned on "inviting me into her car to continue" but she shyly declined) she told me to text her when I got home. Instead, I said "why don't YOU text me when you get home?"

She giggled and said "I will." She texted me when she got home a few minutes later. I did not text her when I got back. @manfrombelow mentioned on one of my previous threads that this is what some manipulative girls will pull to "test" you - I agree. I'll text her in a few days (I'm going away this weekend) and see what she's up to this weekend. Overall, great night and I'm glad I went.

And I would say she was a solid HB7.5 hahaha

TL;DR - I ended up going on the date and we made out. I plan on asking her out again in a few days when I'm in town again.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but I said "Oh, I already ate dinner. I thought our original plan was to grab a drink?" \

We walked for a little and I grabbed her hand and held it as we walked.

(asked if she planned on "inviting me into her car to continue" but she shyly declined) she told me to text her when I got home. Instead, I said "why don't YOU text me when you get home?"
Man, you are getting good at this brotha. Exactly the same stuff I would've done. :up:

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, you are getting good at this brotha. Exactly the same stuff I would've done. :up:
Thanks man! Lots of thanks to all of you guys on here! It seriously has changed my life and the way I view relationships/women.