"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Ignorance, on Campus.

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
385
Reaction score
2
Age
40
Location
Josetown a.k.a Chocolate City Area
Hey. It seems like in the beginning of the year, whenever I said "Hi" to someone i knew, they'd usually give a positive response, but now that its december, they just seem to ignore me or just look at me and don't say a word(They know i'm there). I'm just wondering why people ignore other people when they just say "hi" or greet or wave.

Note: They are right in front of me, and no, i haven't done anything to them.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Sometimes people are shy and other times they don't feel like talking to people. I know I do this occasionally.

Moved to Discussion by the way.
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Do you say anything after saying hi? If you don't try following up with something to get a conversation going. If somebody I don't really know says hi to me I'll just say hi back. I would figure they were just being friendly if they didn't follow up with anything after the initial "hi."
 

Vercingetorix777

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Age
42
I'm gonna take a wild guess that your a freshman. In the beggining of the year most ppl will say hi since so many ppl do that (primarily freshman). Now by December most everyone has found there own groups of friends and doesn't have an urge for becoming great friends right off the bat.
 

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
maybe it's exam stress gettin to them, yea that's probably it, everyone is in there own world thinking about how to make up 4 all the partying when they shuda been studying:D
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Anaxibios

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Calgary, Can
I agree with Vercingetorix (cool name, nothing like alesia)...

At the start of the year, (even 2nd or 3rd) everyone is very nervous and any familiar face is a relief. It also makes insecure ppl feel better if it appears they have lots of friends in the first few weeks.

Afterwards, they're back into the routine, have a set of good friends (maybe new, maybe old) and so don't need the morale boost of being enthusiastic w anyone that isn't a complete stranger.

Don't let it bug you, i only stayed friends w 5 or 6 first year friends, but made a ton more second year.
 

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Location
STL
Originally posted by Vercingetorix777
I'm gonna take a wild guess that your a freshman. In the beggining of the year most ppl will say hi since so many ppl do that (primarily freshman). Now by December most everyone has found there own groups of friends and doesn't have an urge for becoming great friends right off the bat.
Yeah, I would bet this is the case. The first month of college is like a free pass to talk to anyone, but after that, most people have their own friends and couldn't give a sh*t about getting to know.

The one exception is parties when everyone's drunk. Then you can go back to first-month mode and say Hi to everyone without getting weird looks.
 

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
If you can break this unspoken code (of not making new friends once the year is underway), then you can prove to yourself that you're a capable PUA. :) Challenge yourself - take that as a fun task to overcome! :)


Anyway, it's already well into the school year, and people are in a their usual groove. Go to class, come back. Do homework. Then go hang out at the coffee shop/bar with the same old people. Break that cycle.



Do a cold-read. Say something like, "You know, it's funny how people on campus always ignore each other. They've got a couple of people they hang with now, so they think they don't need to socialize, and they close themselves off. I think that's awful. It's a mistake. You on the other hand -- I can't tell you're different [cold-read]. I can tell you're not closed-off; I can see that you're an open-minded girl.


If she likes your style, she will smile. Then segueway into ball-busting:


"Wow, and you're super-cute too when you smile!"
"You've got a nice smile."
"Your nose wrinkles up when you laugh!"



Then just take it from there. Build rapport - talk about school, hometown, classes, etc. Number close.




I once number closed a very cute Puerto Rican/Dominican girl (Norah Jones look-a-like, interestingly) in a cafeteria using this very method - in front of about 4 girlfriends and 3 very large, and irritated Puerto Rican dudes! :D :shock: Well actually, I did the whole cold-read/routine while waiting in line with her. Then I walked upto her table full of rowdy Boriquas and number closed her, right in front of all her friends. I went back to my apartment afterwards to check if my balls were made of steel or not! :p J/k.
 

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
385
Reaction score
2
Age
40
Location
Josetown a.k.a Chocolate City Area
Thanks alot guys, I feel alot better now, and yea, I'm gonna break the cycle.
 

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
Dude... When you have 5 exams in a row and... yeah... partied all fn semester :D

You're not really in the mood to to say hi... Add to this the fact that you have slept for like 3 hours a day for the last week :D
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top