Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If you're not both lean and muscular, you're greatly underachieving your looks potential

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
You read too many magazines. I can give meal breakdowns if you like. What if some of us are more efficient at absorbing the nutrition in our foods thus needing less? What if others of us are not efficient at absorbing nutrition and it mostly pass thru us? I dint know the mechanics at play but thats what ive observed. Im a work horse. I get what i need. Recommendations should be taylored to the individual.

I can use every daily calories burned calculator online and every single one of them will range between 3400-3800 for you

my best friend is 160 lbs and he burns 2900 a day. Are you measuring your daily calories?

I have a female I workout with who is 143 lbs and she can't gain weight unless she eats 2500 calories a day. You're telling me you're about the same range as a 143 lb female?

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it also depends on macro nutrient in food we eat, higher protein diet is ofc better at keeping mass even without all the calorie intake.
I do agree that for most ppl it is not enough, but again with right supplement and ofc u can also go theGH, anabolic or even sarms way, you will need less calories with that.

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My high school son is very lean at 4% body fat. He's an athlete (soccer & lacrosse, which is very high cardio)...trying to get him to eat as much as possible (including carbs in his case)...he's a handsome young man, just needs to fill out.

When he eats he gets full...although he needs more calories.

Ideas? Serious question. I'm not sure what is best. He was off the growth curve as a baby and I don't think has a usual number of fat cells. His appetite was never very high even very young.

I don't think he will ever be obese...but to help him bulk up a bit would be great. He is 5'8" and might weigh 120 on a good day at almost 17.
Large milkshakes before bed

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can use every daily calories burned calculator online and every single one of them will range between 3400-3800 for you

my best friend is 160 lbs and he burns 2900 a day. Are you measuring your daily calories?

I have a female I workout with who is 143 lbs and she can't gain weight unless she eats 2500 calories a day. You're telling me you're about the same range as a 143 lb female?
I told you i can give exact food and weight. It depends on the person.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I showed exact macros. Notice i said dont do what i do. Listen to YOUR body.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also after cutting down for a longer time your metabolism and body get use to it and adjust

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see how you could possible have enough information about @mrgoodstuff to assume that.
Besides, different people have different metabolisms.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see how you could possible have enough information about @mrgoodstuff to assume that.
metabolism is based on

body weight (very high in his case)
muscle mass amount (very high in his case)
testosterone level (very high in his case)
exercise/activity level (Very high in his case)

and somehow he burns the same amount of calories as my 140 LB female friend does? not a chance, unless he has some kind of very strange condition

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What i learned without reading its more than metabolism. My findings lead me to believe some of us absorb more out the food.

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My high school son is very lean at 4% body fat. He's an athlete (soccer & lacrosse, which is very high cardio)...trying to get him to eat as much as possible (including carbs in his case)...he's a handsome young man, just needs to fill out.

When he eats he gets full...although he needs more calories.

Ideas? Serious question. I'm not sure what is best. He was off the growth curve as a baby and I don't think has a usual number of fat cells. His appetite was never very high even very young.

I don't think he will ever be obese...but to help him bulk up a bit would be great. He is 5'8" and might weigh 120 on a good day at almost 17.
I used to be around the same weight at that age. Probably around 130-135 lbs. Had about the same level of appetite as well my entire childhood. When I joined the military at 20, I was 126 lbs. After basic training, 14 weeks of it, I weighed 151 lbs. Haven't gone back down below that since. Nowadays, I weigh around 165 lbs. During training, my appetite had to increase to match the energy I was burning. Cram down as much food as possible. But I don't think I overate in that instance. It was more than I ate before, but not to an extreme state. Just followed my appetite.

Obviously your son doesn't need to join to bulk up, but I think the types of training might reveal some insight into it. I would say the physical intensity was the better trigger for the growth, rather than simply eating more. Legs probably was the main factor for growth (although upper body came into shape as well) - I've read that working out bigger muscle groups (such as quads) causes more overall muscle growth for your whole body (more testosterone, etc.). Here's a random site (link here) that supports that, seen others too while quickly searching on it.

In terms of training, trying to bulk up - I recommend generally for him to focus on increasing total weight lifted rather than more reps/cardio. Around 6-8 reps is good for strength. Bench press/chinups/squats are the three main exercises I think are great to incorporate into any workout (but especially for mass building). If he's into outdoors, hiking uphill with weight in a backpack does quite a bit for legs. Sprinting uphill (no weight) is something I'd recommend for muscle building, good for explosiveness and speed as well (for his soccer/lacrosse).

I agree with marmel about the protein shakes. I do 1 shake immediately after a workout, to give the body something to work with. You can do more than one shake a day, but I don't think it's especially necessary - 1 shake during off workout days can help. I stick with knowing 1g per pound of body weight is the 'max' for simplicity, but the numbers he's said are more correct for actual limits. Also note the timeframe is important (spread out over day vs all in one sitting). There's two main protein types as well (for powder) - whey and casein. Whey is good for right after the workout, due to being absorbed quickly. Casein takes longer to digest, so spreads the protein supplying out (good to take between workouts). Milk has about 80% casein, so can drink that if preferred.

Anyway, hope that helps out some, and gives some ideas towards all of it. :cool:

Last edited:

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 6’2 and now at a record low of 177lbs

I need muscle ASAP

I’ll do it tomorrow.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My meals. When I'm cutting or staying lean I usually leave it about the same, for ease of simplicity:

Breakfast:
8 jumbo eggs 3 yolks 48 g protein
bowl oats, cinnamon, honey

Lunch:
Chicken breast 1 lbs 104 G protein
spinach
sack of peanuts totaling 290 calories

Dinner
Chicken breast or fish 80-100G protein
1/2 cup rice

My water is 96-120 OZ
2 cups coffee

My vice is diet dr pepper, I don't drink alcohol

Some days I do 30 minutes of cardio to start the day at 5:30 or 6:00 AM

My workout is usually 1-1.25 hrs starting with 7 minutes of cardio to warm up

On days I do kick boxing I add additional carbs in the form of two bananas, I time it 30-45 minutes before the workout.