"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

If you want to date a better choice, how do you deal with your current partner?

GoldenArrow

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 19, 2019
Messages
36
Reaction score
26
Age
40
For instance, You're seeing/banging someone now (be she a girlfriend, wife, FWB, casual etc.) on a regular basis (at least twice a week), but you know you don't want to settle down with her.
There are other women you come across who are a better choice for whatever reason. Your current partner would get hurt if you saw anyone else.

What are the best ways to approach this. Here are some examples that spring to mind:
1. Giver her an excuse e.g. "I don't know what I want"; "It doesn't feel right to see each other so often"; "I'm not really feeling it any more"
2. Be upfront e.g. "I think there are others who are a better match"; "I don't think we're a good match"
3. Start arguing with her over nothing so that she'll break up with you (note, this is what women do a lot!)
4. Start cutting back contact with her then ghost her.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
Upfront is the better way, but dont talk about other women being a better match.

Something like that you dont think your rdy to be in a relationship right now.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Lesson I learned a long time ago, don’t act too fast! Make sure that other branch you want to swing to is solid because if you jump too early you’ll lose out on both. You can balance two women at one time, it’s not the hardest thing to do. I’m doing it now, my ex I lived with for 2 years (2006-2007) is back in my life and I’m enjoying it! The carona brought her back I guess.lol I’m also dating another girl but she isn’t ready for a relationship because she got out of a bad relationship. Fine by me, if I’m not good enough to commit to then I won’t, I’ll look elsewhere which is what I’m doing. My ex is still a looker after all these years, she’s head and shoulders the better woman out of the 2. I’m not rushing anything though, my ex has brought up us “seeing where things go” and has admitted she’s “loved having me back in her life, she didn’t realize how much she missed me and harbored feelings for me all these years”.
 

Scars

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
1,003
Age
36
Location
Phoenix
Why not just keep her around for the twice a week sex while you go scout for more replacements? This is what we call plate spinning my friend..
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,873
Reaction score
19,104
For instance, You're seeing/banging someone now (be she a girlfriend, wife, FWB, casual etc.) on a regular basis (at least twice a week), but you know you don't want to settle down with her.
There are other women you come across who are a better choice for whatever reason. Your current partner would get hurt if you saw anyone else.

What are the best ways to approach this. Here are some examples that spring to mind:
1. Giver her an excuse e.g. "I don't know what I want"; "It doesn't feel right to see each other so often"; "I'm not really feeling it any more"
2. Be upfront e.g. "I think there are others who are a better match"; "I don't think we're a good match"
3. Start arguing with her over nothing so that she'll break up with you (note, this is what women do a lot!)
4. Start cutting back contact with her then ghost her.
Tell her the truth. That is always the best choice.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,788
Reaction score
8,860
Age
49
"I still want to continue seeing you but I am enjoying the single life right now and not ready for any big commitments."

Back it off to seeing her at your place or her place only once a week after that.

There ya go. Works like a charm.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,788
Reaction score
8,860
Age
49
Or how about giving these women a dose of their own medicine:

"Sorry, its not you.....its me". Bahahaha.
 
Top