"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

If she says that she doesn't have time.

carbani

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 4, 2003
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
This is simple.

You call a girl and propose going out on a certain date. She gives you a famous excuse: "I don't have the time".

A good way to handle this situation is to ask: "So when do you have the time?" or "What other date suits you?".

After this question you'll either hear "Never", or a valid date. And you will know where are you standing. Never end up a call not knowing if the girl blew you off, or she really couldn't have a date with you.

Obvious, isn't it?:)
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Question: Wouldn't it be apparent before you get a woman's number her interest level (or lack of it)? Why waste time getting her number if she isn't into you?

I keep on saying that focusing on getting a telephone number after just meeting a woman is a wasted AFC effort. Why not just ask her out, if she's interested she'll accept and if she's REALLY interested, she will give you her number willingly.

C'mon guys, why keep setting yourself up for failure over and over again... :rolleyes:
 

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 8, 2004
Messages
380
Reaction score
0
Agreed. Once it is apparent that a chick is not interested, why waste anymore of your precious time and energy?

When a chick says that she doesn't have time to spend time with you that is a big clue that she is not interested. Get the hint and move on.
 

zentraveller

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
141
Reaction score
1
I totally disagree with this. You're letting the woman set the frame from the very beginning and saying...I'm free when you're free = I'm a loser.

Say right from the beginning I'm going to go chill at a cafe on Tuesday at 4pm. Why don't you join me?

If she says, I'm busy that day...give her one more "opportunity" then DISMISS.
 

carbani

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 4, 2003
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
I don't know how about you guys, but I go for chicks who have their own lifes. For the ones with jobs, hobbies, and who don't sit at home all the time. For the ones, who won't drop everything just when a guy calls and says that he has got a free evening.

Basically - I hunt for female DJs :)


Recently I had a situation in which I tried to ask a girl out. I know her and I know that she's got a full life - hobbies, job, school. She didn't have the time either saturday nor monday.

I asked her for the second time, two weeks later. She didn't want to go to the comedy evening, explained to me why ("Those people don't know comedy, I'll be tired after the work..."), and mentioned another thing that took place at the same evening, saying that she will most probably go there. (She's performing like a true DJ:)

So - I stuck to my plans, she stuck to her. And I still have no idea if she is interested, and if it is worth to waste any more time on her, or should I just next her.


The lesson I learned is: don't hang up the phone unless it is absolutely obvious that she is not interested. Asking "What other time fits you?" allows you to find that out. Either she'll say: "when the hell freezes", or "thursday, 7pm". You don't have to go for her proposal, but at least you'll know if there is any IL.

I say: Be a man, fight for what you want. Don't back off when a girl is a challenge, because you may next all the best girls.

Regards,
Carbani

P.S. Francisco - there are many situations when you may be asking for a date not really knowing the IL. For one - in my example, the girl was the one who #closed me, but the purpose wasn't obvious. In other cases - you may want to set up a date without #closing first. Finally - you may feel that there is IL, but she may say that she doesn't have time, and leave you in a situation of uncertainity.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top