If I bulk up will it help with women?

Tehgoobz

Banned
Reaction score
I hate to burst your bubble but at 160 you are still a stick
Do you think gaining muscle would help and what weight do you think would look good? What type of difference would it make?

Tehgoobz

Banned
Reaction score
Funny or interesting helps but being better looking/ more jacked lowers the threshold for it. Yes it would help a lot. I was 130 at one point and when I started getting to 150-160 I started getting more attention both sexual and not. More girls would happen to talk to me in class, around me, more matches when I used pictures online. Then beyond 160 helped even more. A lot of people say that if your personality is ass and you work out you won't get any girls but those people often don't work out because working causes personality changes in you, making you more aggressive, forward in pursuing women and more laidback and stoic in terms of life in general. My sense of humor is pretty constant but I when i was a stick at 130lbs it didn't matter much. Put on 20 pounds of mixed muscle and fat, then that will make you want to put on even more once you notice all the positive feedback in your life.
So you do think it would have a big impact? Would it make getting them easier? Like you said about your sense of humor, were they more receptive to you when you got bigger?

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to burst your bubble but at 160 you are still a stick
I simply told him a point at which I noticed a big jump in attention from the weight he said he was at (he said he was at 125lbs), that's not where I am currently. Of course even if he works out for the next year or two he will still be relatively 'small' in relation to people like yourself but that isn't to say he won't experience a big increase in quality of life from even putting on those 20-30 pounds. Which is why I also said "... then that will make you want to put on even more once you notice all the positive feedback in your life." I don't claim and never have claimed that 160 is big marmel.

homie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, that won't work.
I'm pretty muscular and lean, didn't notice any positive effect with women. But I got massive respect from guys! Would have had plenty of sex if I was gay lol. I even had a fag trying to pick me up once, true story.
Can't say that I'm happy with that results lol. But that's a nice hobbie to have. I dropped weights, now I'm into calistenics, that's just more interesting for me.
I'm also short, 5' 8", that matters too. And a hardcore ectomorph, did not have any visible fat ever and have a small frame.
Bodybuilding for girls is a waste of time, mate.

Last edited:

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Tehgoobz, I'm 5'8" and 136. I've lost 14 pounds this year because of stress/anxiety/depression with school work load and a recent breakup with a sociopath. I can see the outline of my ribcage and not in the good way. It sucks. No bueno.

I bought some supplements (whey & carb powder) today to jumpstart gaining back the muscle I used to have.

There are a lot of free weight training guides out there, so find one you like and stick to it with serious consistency and dedication.

I'm following Kris Gethin's daily training program and hope to get to 160+ pounds in the next several months.

Listen, regardless of whether or not you succeed with women or game in general, do this change for yourself. Do this change because you want to feel more confident in your life goals, hobbies, strength to lift simple things, the ability to say "no" more often, structured, focused, not needing a woman for validation, confident around other dominant men. All of this because you value yourself, not just because you want to chase flippant tail.

FitRick

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellas, I'm 19 currently 5'7" and around 125lbs. I've been told from people before that I should gain some lean muscle and bulk up. Would it make a difference with women? Would I get more interest, create more attraction and get more attention?
Hey dude, I'll be 21 in a few months so I'm fairly close to your age. I was your stats in grade 11-12 too (now I'm 5ft 7.5 and 158lbs) My advice, yes bulk up, look fit, however, you still need the mindset and balls to approach girls. The looks will help them take notice of you but if you still fail to approach these girls that are now checking you out you get thrown right back on the friend/beta ladder.

FitRick

Don Juan
Reaction score
^That being said I'm a personal trainer and if you need advice I got you bro