Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If Bill Gates were single

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker
No.

they are paid a percentage of the revenue.

If they are overpaid, it's because to many people pay attention.

It's not like the goverment pays sports players.

In the NBA, the NBA teams keep 30% of the revenue, and the other 70% goes to the players.. depending ont he owner (cough, clippers, cough) it is either between 30%-70% of the revenue that goes to players.

So it's pretty set in stone by percentages.

now if you think they are overpaid, you have to take alook at why?

It's because our society puts more emphsis on sports than ever.

Because our society puts more emphsis on sports, the players, i.e the proformers are paid more.

Just like the movies.

If I am looking at a commercial, and I see Tom Cruise is going to be in a movie, I am going to see it. Period.

Because of this, TOM CRUISE is driving the people to the movies.

which means he should be paid accordingly.

If more american's picked up a book, or went outside and exercises instead of plopping down in front of the TV all day, basketball players wouldn't get paid as much, nor would any other sport, I use basketball because I am extremely familer with their Salary Cap.

I mean, it's so bad that TV compaines are putting crap on TV now just to fill in time slots.

So the problem isn't with the basketball players, it's why are they in a position to be paid that much in the first place.

right. if you play basketball in usa, you will become pretty rich, if you play soccer in the usa, you will be wealthy but nothing more.

if you play basketball in italy, you'll most likely still have to work somewhere else when you retire (even in the major league), if you play soccer in italy, in a couple of years you can retire and live a prosperous life... just because historically, basketball is far less successful than soccer in italy

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Its the AMBITION, not the money

Originally posted by STR8UP
I also own a retail store that is recognized by most people in the area under the age of 30 because we advertise on MTV and BET. Lots of times people introduce me to others not by my name, but as the owner of this very recognizable business.

What's it called?

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

One thing you're forgetting...

such titles or descriptions DO NOT APPLY to such famous people.

They are not in a world of AFC vs DJ, etc.

Most semi-famous people could pop into a person's life such as our's and scoop many girls by their sheer presence.

Watching Real World, these people have nothing except themselves on a dolt of a show on MTV. No money (yet). Not much looks, usually. Yet, girls were sweating Danny from the most recent Real World show like he was famous. He represented the Boston accent and odds are, guys here from the areas he was in probably know him. He was only from Billerica or something like that near to me.

Yet, girls wanted f* him like no other, and I'm sure he knew it. But he'd done nothing but get a little exposure and play off his ascent.

So, what do we say now?

Gates is a modern day King. His money is power. It's influence, just like any other celebs would be. Drawing comparisons is useless.

It's like being born of a rich family, and tailgating on their name. You've done nothing but be born, and you have a world of expectation to live up to. You get street credit because of your ancestors.

---------------------------------------

A guy like Bill Gates wouldn't be single, though, that's just it. Many of the top businessmen dropping serious dollars were already married. Not all, but many. Normally that's because they're men of character, repute, values, and beliefs. They're later on in life. They'd be a DJ for the simple fact they're living out their destiny and doing something of worth. When you're in the presence of someone living out their true intentions, they don't need any work any game. They don't need fake pickup lines, or to learn eye contact seduction tactics.

People like that are naturally attractive and mesmerizing. They're charismatic and in a sense powerful in their own way.

Sure if you stuck 100,000,000,000 dollars in the hands of some the rAFC's and such, you'd have a rich AFC, able to get some one night stands or dominant gf's. But any man capable of creating such wealth is NOT likely to be some push over to his woman, to a board of directors, to his investors, customers, or otherwise.

A-Unit

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grew up in one of the richest cities in the world and the rich guys (old men included) were banging the primo girls. Having moved to the midwest, it's a lot harder to spot a millionaire (hence, the millionaire next door), but before i moved they were everywhere. The power that comes with high volumes of money is like no other. These guys had it all planes, mansions, cars, women, the works!!!!!

Rich people aren't too bad, but their children are monsters! There is a show on E! that perfectly depicts how children of the rich act and behave.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Its the AMBITION, not the money

Originally posted by Page
What's it called?
That's top secret information. Since you aren't from this area you wouldn't recognize it anyway.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tristan22

Rich people aren't too bad, but their children are monsters! There is a show on E! that perfectly depicts how children of the rich act and behave.
I plan to avoid that with my kids. The reason why the spoiled-rich-kid stereotype exists (and is true to some extent) is the parents have sh!tloads of money and buy their spoiled little sh!ts anything they want.

I plan to do things differently. Rather than buy them things they want, I plan to teach my kids how to invest from an early age, and if they want something, they have to get the money themselves. The difference from most parents is, I would prefer my kids get the money from investing than from a job. I suppose I'll start them off with stocks, and then when they're in their teens I'll get them into real estate. By the time they're in college, I'll probably have my kids come along on some of my business deals to see how it's done.

I went to a high school where a lot of kids were rich, and their parents bought them mercedes, bmw, etc. I had to earn my car, and my kids will have to as well. I'll make a deal with them: They can get a car, but they have to pay for it with money they got from investing. I will give them some capital to help them get started, but they have to invest it instead of directly buying a car with it. If they make it all back, they can buy a car with it. If they double it, I'll put up half of the money for the car they want. If they manage to triple (or even quadruple) it , I'll buy them the damn car as a reward for doing so well and the cash is theirs to keep as a bonus.

Sargeholic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gates is the richest man in the world, is famous, intelligent, reasonably charismatic, and isn't ugly, per se. He is tall and is height and weight proportionate, and isn't that old.

A few women may not go for him, but I guarantee he could score a 10 if he wanted.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of you guys need glasses. Gates isn't any where close to being good looking. I can see why everyone questions those who say "yes, i'm a great looking guy."

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Page
I plan to avoid that with my kids. The reason why the spoiled-rich-kid stereotype exists (and is true to some extent) is the parents have sh!tloads of money and buy their spoiled little sh!ts anything they want.

I plan to do things differently. Rather than buy them things they want, I plan to teach my kids how to invest from an early age, and if they want something, they have to get the money themselves. The difference from most parents is, I would prefer my kids get the money from investing than from a job. I suppose I'll start them off with stocks, and then when they're in their teens I'll get them into real estate. By the time they're in college, I'll probably have my kids come along on some of my business deals to see how it's done.

I went to a high school where a lot of kids were rich, and their parents bought them mercedes, bmw, etc. I had to earn my car, and my kids will have to as well. I'll make a deal with them: They can get a car, but they have to pay for it with money they got from investing. I will give them some capital to help them get started, but they have to invest it instead of directly buying a car with it. If they make it all back, they can buy a car with it. If they double it, I'll put up half of the money for the car they want. If they manage to triple (or even quadruple) it , I'll buy them the damn car as a reward for doing so well and the cash is theirs to keep as a bonus.
Thats basically what my parents did... My dad got me into investing being as how he does the real estate/rental property thing. Definately good to get those skills at a young age.

GQ_Confidence_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Best friends? NAY
I think Bill Gates is 1000000X more confident then you. He is the CEO of microsoft. You can't be weak and be the CEO of a major coperation that is constantly beign attacked by EVERYONE. I would think again before you thought he was a wuss. I am pretty sure all his power and wealth just makes confidence just pump through him like blood. He could probaly have basically any woman on earth, he probaly has the wife he has beacuse she can keep him amused. (Which probaly isn't very easy considering if he gets borred he could just jump on one of his private jets and zoom off to ANYWHERE)
It's funny how confidence shows up in different ways.

You need some massive b@lls to run a huge corporation like that. He's no pu$$y when it comes to dominating his competitors. And he's dealing with the DOJ, the EU, critics that think he's the anti christ. That's not easy. Obviously, he didn't get to be where he is by being a push over in business.

Yet you'd think from looking at him, that he's just computer nerd, and he never got any in highschool. You have the confidence to beat the anti trust lawyers....but you don't have the confidence to ask a pretty girl for her number.

Just proves it's all in your head.