Smooth as Anything
Master Don Juan
- Joined
- Sep 21, 2002
- Messages
- 1,230
- Reaction score
- 0
Oh, my friends are so pissed off… All the time… and I never understood why.
Was it their home life? Was it their relationships? Was it school?
We can all waste our lives away… smoking pot, drinking beer, escaping from reality as much as we can… For those of you who think “Oh, I don’t need to escape reality” – do you masturbate? If you do, you’re escaping reality. Go a few weeks without jerking off, and tell me how easy it is to relax.
There is a reason, why all these kids, your old friends, your loser friends, the unhappy kids… are so pissed off. There seems to be nothing to be unhappy about; nothing realistically, anyway.
There is an emotion I’ve never had to experience. Certainly it has come about before, but I have never delved into it like I have a happiness or depression. That emotion is an overwhelming feeling of powerlessness.
When we are powerless we are convincing ourselves that we are powerless. You can believe that you have control over a situation, that you can turn things around… Or you can wallow in the hole you dug for yourself, convinced that there is nothing to do.
I am nearly certain that all suicides are based on the same feeling. People kill themselves, not because they have no friends… Or that they are perpetually ridiculed. They kill themselves because they believe they are powerless to change it.
When your life becomes the consequences of your own actions, you want to die. More so, you want to be alone for all eternity.
I have a friend, Dave. One night, he was driving his car down an icy road with his best friend Tom. I know the road, and it is a dangerous one. Dave was driving at 80 miles per hour.
It was dark, it was icy, and he was driving at 80 miles per hour.
Tom is no longer with us.
This is not uncommon. This is not a new situation. My friend Dave killed his best friend over a year ago.
Dave broke down in tears in the courtroom.
…and I guarantee that he wished he was dead.
Survivor’s guilt? Certainly.
A feeling of powerlessness? Most definitely… He was facing the consequences of his own actions, and he was now powerless to change them.
We make decisions in our lives that change our course constantly. You can stay home and jerk off, or you can go to the school dance. Sometimes, it is not about whether you’ll have the better time: It’s about your future.
As my history teacher would tell you: we are the sum of our past. Every decision will come back to haunt you.
Go to that dance and have a terrible time. You’ll never forget it.
Stay home and masturbate. You’ll never forget it.
You are in power to make that decision. After you’ve made it, you are powerless to change it. We are all apprehensive. None of us are these DJs that everyone claims to know about.
James Bond is not a real human being. Don’t forget that.
We can look for perfection or we can look for excellence. We are driving without windshields. We cannot see past our decisions.
Robert Frost:
We are pissed off and angst-ridden because we are convinced that there is nothing we can do. That we are without power.
We are depressed and suicidal when we believe we are without a future. We are convinced that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. That we are powerless to change our course; that we are powerless to avoid the inevitable hell we think we have been sentenced to.
We’re all fighting battles that we want to win but can’t. The battle is for perfection. Your sights might not be that high yet, and that’s ok. Some will theorize that shooting for perfection and finding excellence is good. I disagree.
We’re all here because we want to be better than our peers. Sometimes, you get so arrogant that you start judging yourself upon scales higher than your own. I digress (as per usual).
There is something we are weak at in our lives. We can avoid it and envelope ourselves in the delusion fantasy of excellence.
We can jump off our pedestal and start a thousand miles behind our peers. The strength, the nobility, it comes in the pain you’ll soon become accustomed towards.
Every night we either give birth to a child or kill ourselves once more. There is no in-between. We die or we spawn.
I am not speaking of childbirth or suicide.
We are trying to escape reality... To hide the relative fact that we are insignificant, that we are not Don Juans, that we are imperfect creatures, that there is so much more room to improve.
Being a DJ is embracing reality. Reality, like I’ve said before, is total ****. Change that.
Was it their home life? Was it their relationships? Was it school?
We can all waste our lives away… smoking pot, drinking beer, escaping from reality as much as we can… For those of you who think “Oh, I don’t need to escape reality” – do you masturbate? If you do, you’re escaping reality. Go a few weeks without jerking off, and tell me how easy it is to relax.
There is a reason, why all these kids, your old friends, your loser friends, the unhappy kids… are so pissed off. There seems to be nothing to be unhappy about; nothing realistically, anyway.
There is an emotion I’ve never had to experience. Certainly it has come about before, but I have never delved into it like I have a happiness or depression. That emotion is an overwhelming feeling of powerlessness.
When we are powerless we are convincing ourselves that we are powerless. You can believe that you have control over a situation, that you can turn things around… Or you can wallow in the hole you dug for yourself, convinced that there is nothing to do.
I am nearly certain that all suicides are based on the same feeling. People kill themselves, not because they have no friends… Or that they are perpetually ridiculed. They kill themselves because they believe they are powerless to change it.
When your life becomes the consequences of your own actions, you want to die. More so, you want to be alone for all eternity.
I have a friend, Dave. One night, he was driving his car down an icy road with his best friend Tom. I know the road, and it is a dangerous one. Dave was driving at 80 miles per hour.
It was dark, it was icy, and he was driving at 80 miles per hour.
Tom is no longer with us.
This is not uncommon. This is not a new situation. My friend Dave killed his best friend over a year ago.
Dave broke down in tears in the courtroom.
…and I guarantee that he wished he was dead.
Survivor’s guilt? Certainly.
A feeling of powerlessness? Most definitely… He was facing the consequences of his own actions, and he was now powerless to change them.
We make decisions in our lives that change our course constantly. You can stay home and jerk off, or you can go to the school dance. Sometimes, it is not about whether you’ll have the better time: It’s about your future.
As my history teacher would tell you: we are the sum of our past. Every decision will come back to haunt you.
Go to that dance and have a terrible time. You’ll never forget it.
Stay home and masturbate. You’ll never forget it.
You are in power to make that decision. After you’ve made it, you are powerless to change it. We are all apprehensive. None of us are these DJs that everyone claims to know about.
James Bond is not a real human being. Don’t forget that.
We can look for perfection or we can look for excellence. We are driving without windshields. We cannot see past our decisions.
Robert Frost:
Frost agrees. I’m sure you’ve all read or heard the poem. To be perfectly honest I am not very fond of it.Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
We are pissed off and angst-ridden because we are convinced that there is nothing we can do. That we are without power.
We are depressed and suicidal when we believe we are without a future. We are convinced that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. That we are powerless to change our course; that we are powerless to avoid the inevitable hell we think we have been sentenced to.
We’re all fighting battles that we want to win but can’t. The battle is for perfection. Your sights might not be that high yet, and that’s ok. Some will theorize that shooting for perfection and finding excellence is good. I disagree.
We’re all here because we want to be better than our peers. Sometimes, you get so arrogant that you start judging yourself upon scales higher than your own. I digress (as per usual).
There is something we are weak at in our lives. We can avoid it and envelope ourselves in the delusion fantasy of excellence.
We can jump off our pedestal and start a thousand miles behind our peers. The strength, the nobility, it comes in the pain you’ll soon become accustomed towards.
Every night we either give birth to a child or kill ourselves once more. There is no in-between. We die or we spawn.
I am not speaking of childbirth or suicide.
We are trying to escape reality... To hide the relative fact that we are insignificant, that we are not Don Juans, that we are imperfect creatures, that there is so much more room to improve.
Being a DJ is embracing reality. Reality, like I’ve said before, is total ****. Change that.