I think I am too arrogant

styleman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
flippinfreak said:
It's nice, because she is trying to change you. She blocked me, because she wouldn't accept my advice...

Styleman, you want confidence, what do you think confidence is?

If I'm allowed to be presumptuous, it's got something to do with a lck of some unkown quality x.

What is x?
Being able to be myself (be that arogant or not) in all situations.

mikak

Don Juan
Reaction score
i never posted before but i'm gonna try to clarify or help stylemean. Dude, u should not be arrogant because all you have is not from ur own work. even if it was the result of ur own work, all successes are a lil bit of chance and coincidence( be at the right time at the right place). Even if u have billions of dollars or euros i'm sure there is at least 10 people who have more than u do. If it's because of ur looks, there are hundreds of people who look better. If it's because u smart there is thousands that are smarter. No one got it all!! Evn Bill GAtes is humble enough to know that his sucess is due in part to luck , Einsten one of the smartest was humble. Like it said in the BIble:"Arrogance preceed destruction".

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bah, so your relating confidence to having the ability to be yourself. Sure that's a way to LOOK at confidence, you can SEE confidence acting that way, but that's not how confidence works...

What's stopping you from being arrogant with every girl you come across?

"can you repeat what you just said?"

I hope that's not the problem, because you repeated that four times, and it seems like your only hang-up.

mikak

Don Juan
Reaction score
dang how come my post is not on the discussion board???

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mikak said:
Evn Bill GAtes is humble enough to know that his sucess is due in part to luck , Einsten one of the smartest was humble. Like it said in the BIble:"Arrogance preceed destruction".
The rest of what you said just encourages more arrogance. "I'm in the top 10, haha, I can get higher, look at me step on all these little people, haha!"

The last part though, humbleness... that's interesting.

You bring up Bill Gates being humble... he is also deceptive

Einstein being humble... he chronically ignored people's feelings to concentrate on his work and to accentuate his predominantly lazy arse

the bible... is meant to be figurative, not literal. Destruction of the soul, through arrogance, is such a bold overbearing statement. arrogant about family, arrogant about looks, arrogant about wealth,arrogant about position, arrogant about health...

...Arrogance, in the big picture, is a small judgement for people to place upon your head(only god can judge). For with arrogance, comes persistence(albeit ignorant), and with persistence, and abundance of a given product is available, and is freely shared and given to those 'judged' as deserving.

mikak

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the time, arrogance come from lack of confidence . That's why u can't have arrogance and confidence at the same time. u gotta let go the arrogance, that is a baggage . People who are confident don't feel the need to say they are better than others.If u are in the business field and u don't get humble one day u will meet someone who got more power than u do and he will tell u to **** off and there won't be anything u could do.
Honnestly i don't understand why someone should be arrogant about their looks or money or intelligence? Coz all that is due 90% of the time to circumstances.U think u are cultured? What europeean art or what, do u know about art and theathre in japan in china or in africa in australia. No one is omniscient and no one is omnipotent so... humble urself and u will meet more cool people. Since u arrogant i'm sure u have bunch of fake friends who think just like u. But the fact that u admit u are "too arrogant" is a good start on ur way to humility!!!

in all honnesty Mike!!

mikak

Don Juan
Reaction score
The rest of what you said just encourages more arrogance. "I'm in the top 10, haha, I can get higher, look at me step on all these little people, haha!"

I don't remeber saying that but if i did i did not mean it. When i talk about bill gates, he said that he knows that a lot of his sucess is due to others buying his products .

English is not my first language, and i'm gonna try to say this the simplest way i can:" There is no point in being arrogant, coz most of our successes are due to circumstances"

mikak

Don Juan
Reaction score
the bible... is meant to be figurative, not literal. Destruction of the soul, through arrogance, is such a bold overbearing statement.

it's meant to be literal too. People who are arrogant never se their end coming, they will never admit it. Life is full of people who were arrogant until something horrible( something they don't have any control over) happened to them!!

mikak

Don Juan
Reaction score
the bible... is meant to be figurative, not literal. Destruction of the soul, through arrogance, is such a bold overbearing statement.

it's meant to be literal too. People who are arrogant never se their end coming, they will never admit it. Life is full of people who were arrogant until something horrible( something they don't have any control over) happened to them!!

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ohhh, you name means mike, not meeka. Whoa, big difference:p

I love African psychology. It's so unique and different than our own.

"Since u arrogant i'm sure u have bunch of fake friends who think just like u"

I hope to pursue my studies further in Africa after I am finished my ethnologist thesis.

mikak, The way everybody talked to him confirmed and brought out the best in his arrogance. He could sense their dislike in him, so he simply insulted their judgement. He din't wait to hear the basis of the affective arguments, he chose to discredit the source and attack the meaning of the response... it's typical arrogance, c0ckiness(C+F) is the way it is noted on this board.

When he comes across somebody who is just as arrogant as he is, he feels a connection, a need to cooperate. As the laws of power dictate how a person should view everybody as lesser, so a person should trust his 'enemies' more than he trusts his friends.

To me, confidence is the lack of fear. I tried to weasel it out of him, but he continued to ignore my questions, so I doubt I will be able to find the source of the arrogance now:(

mikak, do you think he is ethnically cultured? Does he have any roots tied to the 'common bourgeouis'?

You are absolutely right on the fact that his arrogance comes from being spoon fed all of his life. He doesn't know what hardships are, as Wyldfire said. He thinks WE are lesser people than he is, simply because we're associated with the common class.

It's funny how being 'assumptuous' ruins so many opportunities in life.

Styleman, what do you seek in life?

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mikak, I understand what you are saying, your english is great compared to other 'african' posters on this board. I'm just saying your not connecting with the arrogance by speaking that way.

An arrogant people person has already had people tell him to shut his mouth. He has heard all of the accusations that he is too proud, or too full of himself.

He knows the sayings that he will meet somebody who is better than he is, and he has already planned for the attack, and worded it in a way, that the person who says it, doesn't deserve his time and effort.

Most success is due to cicumstance, that is a hard one to argue as well. Still, arrogance supercedes all forms of humility, it copies what humility means to people, and makes it a challenge to other people. Other people don't see it as a challenge, they see it as insulting, while others see it as smart, and others as worthless.

You and others have dubbed it either worthless, or insulting.

mikak

Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry, I wish my english was better so that i can help him better.lol.
Back when i was in africa, my parents made 1000 times the average income in my country, so iwas arrogant but they kept telling me to humble myself, but i never listen. But when icame to the US and visited other part of the world, I realized how wealthy, how smart how good looking people can be, I learn when i was 20 that, most of ur sucess is due to circumstances. If u are blessed enough to have a lot of wealth, just be thankful and help less fortunate people.

mikak

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude( i start to like that word for some reason). I think every man should be (or try to be ) like maximus in Gladiator. He is the general of the army but he is still HUMBLE, nice, polite and man of his word. He knows what is more important like when he says:" Blessed father watch over my son and my wife, telll them i only liv to hold them again, everything else is dust and air".
Now that's a great humble man,that is why he is respected and loved!! He does not need to be all boastfull, he know his value and is quiet.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just remember people don't want to make drastic changes in their lives. They want to progress slowly and safely within their boundaries...

Shock treatment is a pleasure that people seek. Shock treatment means that they don't have to change immediately, they get to see what the change would mean immediately, and start to react slowly and with logic...

What you and Wyldfire are trying to do(and I realize now I tried to do to her) was shock treatment from only myself.

Shock treatment, do you know what I am talking about?