"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

I only smoke when i drink

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Hi there.

For the first 18 years of my life i vowed, i would never let it happen. My dad was addicted and there was no f*cking way it was gonna happen to me. Then i tried it, first time was alright, then whenever i started getting drunk i wanted to do it. Last night, i smoked 4 cigarettes, most i've ever smoked.

I never thought it could happen, i always thought i had the willpower to not get addicted, but it happened. Lets just say this has been the worst day of my life.

I have never wanted anything in my life more than a smoke. If your a smoker than i finally understand what you go through when you tried to quit. This is hell man, everytime i see a smoke i want one.

If you aren't smoking and don't want to start, don't ever smoke one. You'll think "Oh i won't get addicted" And you will, it'll blindside you and you can't control it. You think you can, but you can't Nicotine is the devil.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 20, 2004
Messages
193
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Don't drink. Problem solved.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
thats not possible, i'm just never gonna let myself do it again. I mean if i get over hunger pains (the worst feeling ever). I can get over this.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by Disconnect
gl hf.
Holy crap did this forum just turn into starcraft for a second? Oh wait its back to normal, there it is again! AHHHH
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
858
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
I think I'm gonna pick up smoking now.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Good plan evil, need another way to kill yourself. YAY

I figure, drinkings a hella lot more fun than smoking, plus you get drunk enough you black out, then no regrets!
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
I know what you mean.

Actually...I don't cuz I don't drink or smoke. AND NEVER WILL.

My dad was actually like, "have a taste of thie beer" and I was like oh **** dude that smells like fukin alcohol.

**** that sounded stupid. Actually I was like, man that smells like shat!

My dad quit smoking just for me when I was born to protect both our lungs. I'm not gonna let that go to waste.
 

Slimijs

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
234
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
in a great place
I think there was a study, that when people are drunk, they want to smoke.

Sometimes, when I'm drunk I smoke a a couple of cigarettes, but no more then 3. Never got addicted, though.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by AFK Protector
I know what you mean.

Actually...I don't cuz I don't drink or smoke. AND NEVER WILL.

My dad was actually like, "have a taste of thie beer" and I was like oh **** dude that smells like fukin alcohol.

**** that sounded stupid. Actually I was like, man that smells like shat!

My dad quit smoking just for me when I was born to protect both our lungs. I'm not gonna let that go to waste.
Good for you dude, NEVER go against your word. I did.

Luckily my dad never smoked inside, so i never had to deal with it.

Also my dad was an alcoholic when i was in 5-6th grade. I vowed i would never drink alcohol. Hell i wouldn't even drink communion wine. Its funny how things change.

Stick with what you believe. Peer pressure is a motherf*cker. It hits hard and unexpected.

Those video tapes from DARE are stupid. No kid comes up to you and is all "Hey man wanna joint"

Its more subtle, all your friends are smoking, and you start thinking, man i wanna try that... and whatever you believed somehow is forgotten in an instant.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Location
STL
I only smoke when I drink, I've been doing that since around March. If I'm drunk, the urge to smoke is really strong but when I'm sober I never even think about it. Which is good, because I really don't wanna become completely addicted.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by Slimijs
I think there was a study, that when people are drunk, they want to smoke.

Sometimes, when I'm drunk I smoke a a couple of cigarettes, but no more then 3. Never got addicted, though.
Take my advice.

If you don't want to get addicted, stop, now! I don't care if you haven't got addicted yet, you will. Its how all my friends got addicted. And its how i almost got addicted.

Don't tempt fates.
 

Superman X

Banned
Joined
Apr 20, 2003
Messages
387
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
Massachusetts
Why don't you guys smoke weed instead of cigarettes? It's temporary effects are stronger, and it's not addictive.
 

Jester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 6, 2001
Messages
1,949
Reaction score
7
Location
NJ, USA
yeah seriously man if ur gonna **** urself up atleast have fun doing it. hahaha
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

TheMinistered

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 16, 2003
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
You aren't addicted phsyically yet, most physically addicted smokers smoke one about every 40 minutes. I know this because I'm physically addicted. Physically addicted smokers usually go shake vigorously for about a week once they decide to quit, after a week - two weeks you no longer have cravings. What you're experiencing is only mental-- you want to smoke, you enjoy it, and you don't want to quit.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by Jester
yeah seriously man if ur gonna **** urself up atleast have fun doing it. hahaha
Because smoking weed is not fun, its stupid. But this thread is not gonna get started on that. I smoked for 2 years and hated it, boring.

Lets laugh for 20 minutes, lets get the munchies, lets eat junkfood, lets pass-out. hmm funtimes...
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Originally posted by Vincent
Those video tapes from DARE are stupid. No kid comes up to you and is all "Hey man wanna joint"

Its more subtle, all your friends are smoking, and you start thinking, man i wanna try that... and whatever you believed somehow is forgotten in an instant.
Damn man...thanks for the tip. Its great how you're coming back here to tell us to learn from your mistakes.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by AFK Protector
Damn man...thanks for the tip. Its great how you're coming back here to tell us to learn from your mistakes.
Glad i can be of service
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top