"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

I need help dancing, please help me.

ruben55

New Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Does someone know a site that king of helps you learn to dance? I know someone posted a site that teaches you to dance a while ago... I wish I had saved that. Please post some links to sites that help/teach you to dance. Thank you in advance!!!
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

RaMar

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
California
if your dancing at a high school dance the only dance you really need to know how to do is the grind. Last Thursday I went to a school dance, having never danced before, and two minutes into it I was grinding with a girl. There really isn't anything to doing it. The hard part is getting up the confidence to go to a dance and then getting in the mass of people dancing and grabing a girl to grind.

if you really need to read how to do it search the bible, there is a post on how to do it in there somewhere.
 

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
524
Reaction score
0
Age
38
What kind of dancing do you want to learn? If you wanna tango, I suggest taking a class. But if you just wanna go to a highschool dance and jump around, there's not much to it. In fact, I just went to a dance a couple of days ago. For the previous years, every dance I went to ended up being a dissappointment, since I was nothing more than a wallflower. The reason was that I was so self-conscious at the fact that I may look stupid.

But that was before I found this site. At the last dance, everything was different. If you feel confident, your moves will look so. I never danced before at a disco, but this time I was the center of all attention, especially when i got up on one of those illuminated platforms, pushed everyone else off, and started stipdancing to the wild cheers from all the ladies, until the supervising teachers kicked me off :( :D
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
i've never found a useful site. i picked it up watching others and practising myself

the most important thing is to move with the rhythm of the music. main body parts to use are your shoulders, arms, legs and hips. so there are many variations of dance moves you can pull off. i'd suggest getting a full sized mirror, put on some music (i can only dance well to dance music (trance, house); don't like the hiphop stuff) and start moving to the music.

it's hard to describe so if you're out at a disco, watch how other folk are dancing and try to copy them
 

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
For grinding, learn to move with the beat and with her. Nothing like screwing up and not being able to move to a beat. Listen to song songs they usually play for dancing (rap, hip hop, techno.) Grab some songs from the net and put them on a cd. Listen to the beats, not the lyrics. Get a hoola hoop. Practice moving your hips to the beat.

Get some girls to help you too. A lot of girls I know don't mind helping someone dance (that's how I had to learn!) :p
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 20, 2004
Messages
600
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Look up beatboxing for a site. Someone gave a list of 15 sites for rap dancing stuff... movies and everything....

if it's just for school dances and stuff... no big deal. Just go have fun and you'll pick it up.

IF you really want to learn to dance. Look for dance clases in a phone book.

Tango is a good hot dancing. Otherwise feel free, some places have hip-hop classes too.
 
Top