"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

"I Love You"

Lordlaxative

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Austin, Texas
Hey fellow DJs, I just read the article about a DJ's "Ace in the Hole", the 3 words. I just want to know how often you tell girls this, and how long it took you to say it for the first time in your relationship. Did you use it as an "Ace in the Hole?"
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Ojete

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 3, 2003
Messages
132
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Location
Akitelatengo
Well, in my experience with my current relationship, she told it first. It was like 1 and a half month in the relationship. I told her like 3 weeks after. I just do it when i know i'm really feeling it. Usually they will say it first and will tell you "you don't have to reply, tell me when you feel it" so you have the advantage.
 

Howie Farkes

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 19, 2003
Messages
178
Reaction score
0
Been with my GF for about 12 months and haven't said it yet. And she's more crazy for me than ever - sometimes I feel like saying "I love you" to her but a little voice inside reminds me "that things are going great so don't bloody well go and change what you're doing now!"
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 25, 2002
Messages
2,163
Reaction score
679
Location
Florida
I've been burned by girls in the past by saying it too quickly. If you say it too quickly then you'll destroy any challenge or mystery you may have.


Doc Love says you shouldn't say I Love You to a girl unless you've dated her for at least 2 months which sounds good to me.
 
Top