"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

I let a perfect opportunity slip

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
498
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
OK
Last night I was at this bar that was basically completely empty except for me and two of my friends. I am about 10 feet from the large windows and entry door. Well this girl probably about an HB 8 walks right up to the door, makes eye contact with me and waves. In my head i am thinking she looks familar do I know her. Then I thought wait maybe she is signaling a guy behind me. I smile back immediately and wave. She then blows a kiss, smiles and waves one more time and quickly walks off. I was kind of stunned, my friend who saw the whole thing was like why didnt you go after her? I looked behind and there was no one behind you, that was directed toward you. I dont know why I didnt go talk to her. I guess because I was kind of shocked and When she left I still thought she was signaling someone behind me and I didnt want to look like a dumbass. This will be one I will be kicking myself for a while :mad:
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
It's better to look like a dumbass sometimes than to miss an opportunity. I've fallen for that a couple of times but now I make a conscious effort not to make mistakes like that.
 

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
8
Location
Canuckistan
Originally posted by Mr. Delicious
Last night I was at this bar that was basically completely empty except for me and two of my friends. I am about 10 feet from the large windows and entry door. Well this girl probably about an HB 8 walks right up to the door, makes eye contact with me and waves. In my head i am thinking she looks familar do I know her. Then I thought wait maybe she is signaling a guy behind me. I smile back immediately and wave. She then blows a kiss, smiles and waves one more time and quickly walks off. I was kind of stunned, my friend who saw the whole thing was like why didnt you go after her? I looked behind and there was no one behind you, that was directed toward you. I dont know why I didnt go talk to her. I guess because I was kind of shocked and When she left I still thought she was signaling someone behind me and I didnt want to look like a dumbass. This will be one I will be kicking myself for a while :mad:
At least you recognised that your hesitance killed you. The good thing is, next time this happens, this situation will be fresh in your mind and you will be compelled to act on it.

I may not be the biggest DJ in the world, but one thing that I have learned is that I NEVER, EVER, let the opporunities that fall into my lap get missed.

You should have acted on this and at the very least asked her where you two had met before, as AFC as that line is, it is really the obvious one, and probably acceptable, given that she seemed to be giving you the IOI.
 

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
We've all let opportunities slip us by bro, don't sweat it. Try to shake it off as best you can and move on to the next opportunity, which is probably aright around the corner. right?
 

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
8
Location
Canuckistan
Originally posted by biker_gixxer
We've all let opportunities slip us by bro, don't sweat it. Try to shake it off as best you can and move on to the next opportunity, which is probably aright around the corner. right?
That's right, shake it off, but don't forget it, and you will start acting on the opportunities that are just around the corner - and they are ALWAYS just around the corner.

Perhaps your mindset just wasn't in the right place before you went out macking that night. We all have our off days and our on days.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Fenderules

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
873
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Alberta
yeah one girl at a club one night was talking to a guy and all of as sudden saw me and jumped out of her chair and started saying "holy hell you look hot tonight" at me. I smiled and said "of course' and i walked out. I was 2 busy looking at a couple other chicks that i didnt realize i coulda picked her up. Anyway she was attractive but of course i had my eyes on hb8 and hb9 while this one was an hb7.5.

later when i thought about it, im like "**** off i shoulda gone for it"
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
ouch man, what a wasted opportunity.

oh well, it happens to the best of us, learn from it and don't you ever dare let something like that happen again without doing anything about it. :D
 

No Escape

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
What does HB stand for? Does it mean Hot Broad? I tried looking it up in the bible's glossary, but it wasn't there.
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
i guess hot broad qualifies as well, but most of the time it stands for hot babe. whichever you prefer mate.
 
Top