Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I let a perfect opportunity slip

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night I was at this bar that was basically completely empty except for me and two of my friends. I am about 10 feet from the large windows and entry door. Well this girl probably about an HB 8 walks right up to the door, makes eye contact with me and waves. In my head i am thinking she looks familar do I know her. Then I thought wait maybe she is signaling a guy behind me. I smile back immediately and wave. She then blows a kiss, smiles and waves one more time and quickly walks off. I was kind of stunned, my friend who saw the whole thing was like why didnt you go after her? I looked behind and there was no one behind you, that was directed toward you. I dont know why I didnt go talk to her. I guess because I was kind of shocked and When she left I still thought she was signaling someone behind me and I didnt want to look like a dumbass. This will be one I will be kicking myself for a while :mad:

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's better to look like a dumbass sometimes than to miss an opportunity. I've fallen for that a couple of times but now I make a conscious effort not to make mistakes like that.

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Delicious
Last night I was at this bar that was basically completely empty except for me and two of my friends. I am about 10 feet from the large windows and entry door. Well this girl probably about an HB 8 walks right up to the door, makes eye contact with me and waves. In my head i am thinking she looks familar do I know her. Then I thought wait maybe she is signaling a guy behind me. I smile back immediately and wave. She then blows a kiss, smiles and waves one more time and quickly walks off. I was kind of stunned, my friend who saw the whole thing was like why didnt you go after her? I looked behind and there was no one behind you, that was directed toward you. I dont know why I didnt go talk to her. I guess because I was kind of shocked and When she left I still thought she was signaling someone behind me and I didnt want to look like a dumbass. This will be one I will be kicking myself for a while :mad:
At least you recognised that your hesitance killed you. The good thing is, next time this happens, this situation will be fresh in your mind and you will be compelled to act on it.

I may not be the biggest DJ in the world, but one thing that I have learned is that I NEVER, EVER, let the opporunities that fall into my lap get missed.

You should have acted on this and at the very least asked her where you two had met before, as AFC as that line is, it is really the obvious one, and probably acceptable, given that she seemed to be giving you the IOI.

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We've all let opportunities slip us by bro, don't sweat it. Try to shake it off as best you can and move on to the next opportunity, which is probably aright around the corner. right?

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by biker_gixxer
We've all let opportunities slip us by bro, don't sweat it. Try to shake it off as best you can and move on to the next opportunity, which is probably aright around the corner. right?
That's right, shake it off, but don't forget it, and you will start acting on the opportunities that are just around the corner - and they are ALWAYS just around the corner.

Perhaps your mindset just wasn't in the right place before you went out macking that night. We all have our off days and our on days.

Fenderules

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah one girl at a club one night was talking to a guy and all of as sudden saw me and jumped out of her chair and started saying "holy hell you look hot tonight" at me. I smiled and said "of course' and i walked out. I was 2 busy looking at a couple other chicks that i didnt realize i coulda picked her up. Anyway she was attractive but of course i had my eyes on hb8 and hb9 while this one was an hb7.5.

later when i thought about it, im like "**** off i shoulda gone for it"

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ouch man, what a wasted opportunity.

oh well, it happens to the best of us, learn from it and don't you ever dare let something like that happen again without doing anything about it. :D

No Escape

Don Juan
Reaction score
What does HB stand for? Does it mean Hot Broad? I tried looking it up in the bible's glossary, but it wasn't there.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i guess hot broad qualifies as well, but most of the time it stands for hot babe. whichever you prefer mate.