"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

I left the ball in her court....

mahon83050

Banned
Joined
Jun 16, 2000
Messages
2,641
Reaction score
6
Location
Toms River,NJ United States
I talked to this chick today who I have been out with 2x. The last time I hung out with her is around 2 weeks ago since she lives over an hour from me.

She was going away for the weekend so I could not hang with her. Most of our phone calls have been me calling her and her returning my calls. We have mostly been playing phone tag. Instead of saying "I will call you when you get back" I said to her..."call me when you get back! I am questioning this chicks interest level, so I think this is a good test. If she does not call me, she is not interested enough to see me.

BTW, I did not wish her Happy Valentines day or get her anything. Was I right in doing this?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Blowfish

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Age
41
No nothing is wrong or right if you did not say Happy Valentines, if she doesn't show interest she wouldn't care, and if she did then it won't make any difference since you don't even know if she is interested in you or not...

Saying Happy Valentines day to people you like or are your friends is just being nice (unless you a guy and you say to a guy, im not sure what dat would result in though), its human nature.
 

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
5
Location
Camp Pendleton, Ca
Well, telling her to call you when she get's back is to be expected, as only she knows exactly when she's going to be back, and you're pretty much staying put.

My question to you is why are you wasting time playing phone tag with some chick who you'd barely get to see anyway? Aren't there any available girls in your hometown?

-CyranoDeBergerac
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Originally posted by mahon83050
Instead of saying "I will call you when you get back" I said to her..."call me when you get back! I am questioning this chicks interest level, so I think this is a good test. If she does not call me, she is not interested enough to see me.

BTW, I did not wish her Happy Valentines day or get her anything. Was I right in doing this?
This is a good test to use to check interest level, you don't want to waste your time. You are not romantically involved enough to obligate yourself to her - so no V-Day card is necessary. Did she send you one? Usually girls are more proactive in this respect and not the guy!
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by mahon83050
...We have mostly been playing phone tag. Instead of saying "I will call you when you get back" I said to her..."call me when you get back! I am questioning this chicks interest level, so I think this is a good test. If she does not call me, she is not interested enough to see me.

BTW, I did not wish her Happy Valentines day or get her anything. Was I right in doing this?
That's a good plan. Remember to go about your daily things and not wait around near the phone. It could unintentionally become a one-itis situation. This is another good reason to have a few women who are possibilities in the wings. The ones that are interested will put forth additional effort if you aren't always available to them.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top