Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I just realized

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just realized that what really irritates me about the current situation isn't the social isolation. I'm a natural introvert, so it comes easy to me, and I may even get a little too used to this.

It's the 8,000 people who are crammed into the grocery store every time I try to go. I've always tried to shop during off hours just to avoid the crowd because they get on my nerves. Now no matter what time of day I go the place is jammed. And all the panic buying, which is still going on. The shelves today were mostly empty of meat, eggs, and various other items. I'm actually surprised at some of the things that are well stocked at the moment. I suppose what is readily available will vary day to day, but wow some people are selfish pr!cks.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Around here most of the grocery stores are having special shopping hours for age 60 and over. From 6:00 to 7:30.

I went several days ago and I was able to get everything I needed. It was more crowded than I expected, but not nearly as crowded as during the day and night.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Just got back from the package store connected to Costco. Lady exiting big C in the parking lot with low quality mask and gloves on. In her full size cart? No more than I could carry with one arm.
Can’t tell me they were items to prevent her homebound starvation…

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see how things are supposed to get back to normal. As of this writing, there are 43,449 confirmed cases in the US. The population of the country is 327 million. Let's say in two weeks there are one million cases (just pulling that number out of me arse). There are still 326 million people in the country who haven't had it yet, and can potentially catch it, or spread it. How can they possibly lift restrictions when that will be essentially the same situation we're in now? We're liable to be on lockdown for the rest of the year.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where I live the supermarkets are limiting how many people can enter. There have been some lines to get in - someone leaves, someone can go in. I haven't had to wait in line very long. Besides that, we can't buy more than 6 of any one item. On the plus side there was toilet paper today. So it was really only a week or 10 days that there wasn't any.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was living out of grocery stores. Way too crazy now.

Target or super walmart have groceries, and are quite a bit less crazy.

You might also want to try a farmers market, or a health food store.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The key word is "confirmed." Millions of people have likely already contracted it. Notice how the fatality rate drops with the discovery of new cases. At this rate, the U.S. fatality rate will drop below 1%(as it already is in many countries) before Friday. By the next Friday, it could be down to 0.5%. Swine Flu was at 4.5% of confirmed cases by the time it was all over. When this drops to 0.25%, it'll be very difficult to continue to justify national quarantine.
No. The fatally rate will skyrocket once the hospitals reach capacity. Then take into account all the other emergency patients that will die because of the health care overload.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just recently started hunting for my food and have been living off of bat soup the last few days.

What could go wrong?
I've been supporting our local farmers by getting most of my meats through them. Mainly various birds, swine, and a few angry looking cows.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just realized that what really irritates me about the current situation isn't the social isolation. I'm a natural introvert, so it comes easy to me, and I may even get a little too used to this.

It's the 8,000 people who are crammed into the grocery store every time I try to go. I've always tried to shop during off hours just to avoid the crowd because they get on my nerves. Now no matter what time of day I go the place is jammed. And all the panic buying, which is still going on. The shelves today were mostly empty of meat, eggs, and various other items. I'm actually surprised at some of the things that are well stocked at the moment. I suppose what is readily available will vary day to day, but wow some people are selfish pr!cks.
It really depends a lot on where you live.

Supermarkets here have limited the amount of people in the store and places markers on the ground to remind one of ‘llama’ space. Other than the couple of days around the declaration of national emergency, store shelves are majorly stocked with all items, except for the still shortage of tp.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The key word is "confirmed." Millions of people have likely already contracted it. Notice how the fatality rate drops with the discovery of new cases. At this rate, the U.S. fatality rate will drop below 1%(as it already is in many countries) before Friday.
You may be right. Last time I checked, the death rate in the US was about 1.27%. And I'm sure there are people infected who haven't been tested or have symptoms. It's not so much about the death rate though, it's about not exceeding the capacity of the health care system. My point was what situation is going to prompt them to lessen these restrictions? If they send people back to work, and the number of infected starts to rise, are they going to close everything up again? Because the vast, vast, vast majority haven't even been exposed yet.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meat, Eggs, Milk, Lime Juice, and Water are completely out in my area.
I have a rotation of 3 supermarkets that I go to that have all produced the same results.

The most ironic thing about the whole situation is no one is buying organic milk or Crystal Geyser spring water.
I don't get this at all. It's a totally puzzling!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most ironic thing about the whole situation is no one is buying organic milk or Crystal Geyser spring water.
I don't get this at all. It's a totally puzzling!
Lime juice?
The rice shelves were completely cleared out in my store, except there was a lot of brown rice left lol. I try to eat it myself, when I can, but I guess it's not that popular.

That capacity is greatly impacted by the CONCENTRATION of the majority of the cases, within 10 counties in 3 states. Imagine how impactful it would be if all 80,000 U.S. flu fatalities from last year had happened in those same 10 counties and 3 states.
Trump's and Cuomo's briefings today both contained hints that this lockdown can't go on forever. The economy won't withstand it.
Two weeks seems like a long time for us, but it's just going to be a blip in the life of a virus. People are being forced to close their businesses, how are they supposed to support their families? Supposedly the coronavirus isn't heat sensitive, so it isn't likely to react to the seasons (warmer weather) - but we'll see what happens.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lime juice?
The rice shelves were completely cleared out in my store, except there was a lot of brown rice left lol. I try to eat it myself, when I can, but I guess it's not that popular.

Trump's and Cuomo's briefings today both contained hints that this lockdown can't go on forever. The economy won't withstand it.
Two weeks seems like a long time for us, but it's just going to be a blip in the life of a virus. People are being forced to close their businesses, how are they supposed to support their families? Supposedly the coronavirus isn't heat sensitive, so it isn't likely to react to the seasons (warmer weather) - but we'll see what happens.
The economy will be in depression. Lifting the lockdown will simply cause the virus to come back. This is the new normal until we get a vaccine.

lifewobluelenses

Don Juan
Reaction score
If regional capacity becomes overstressed, it will be absorbed elsewhere.
Yeah, You have Italy to look at.
Sorry but what you are saying is not correct since ALL capacity will be filled.
Northern Italy has one of the best heltcare systems in the world but or foced to use Triage dude.

Bucle of friends, You guys will see in a few weeks if they cant get quarantine
to be respected

This is how it will go
Case, case, case ... cluster, cluster, cluster ... then BOOM OVERLOAD.
That's what an exponential function looks like.
Today's hotspots are NY/NJ and WA.
Tomorrow's hotspots are Louisiana, MA and IL.
This weekend's hotspots are TX, FL, GA and PA.
you're all going to be hotspots as it has gone in Europe.

Last edited:

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We had two two-packs(4 rolls total) of paper towels in our cart, yesterday, and store security informed us we could only buy one, because of rationing. Since when is 4 rolls of paper towels for a 6 person household hording? I didn't make a fuss about it, though. I just laughed it off.
Respect to you for laughing it off. I wouldn't have been able to do that...

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can they possibly lift restrictions when that will be essentially the same situation we're in now? We're liable to be on lockdown for the rest of the year.
The government would have to start shedding some serious money to pay for this. My country is giving us $ 2,000 per month to stay home and not go to work (hopefully if two members of the household qualify that would double!). If they keep the lockdown on then they have to continue paying us up to $ 4,000 per month.

The problem isn't the lock-down. Your government is too cheap. You all are just getting a $ 1,200 cheque for your bills once. You are not being paid enough money.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem isn't the lock-down. Your government is too cheap. You all are just getting a $ 1,200 cheque for your bills once. You are not being paid enough money.
I'm retired anyway. I'm all for assisting those in need, but printing up free money isn't an ideal situation either.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm retired anyway. I'm all for assisting those in need, but printing up free money isn't an ideal situation either.
You have quantitative easing, which has occurred many times, and artificially low interest rates and past bail-outs to mega corporations so their CEOS can get a golden parachute....which means money is already being printed out, but most of the benefit of printed money goes to rich people who don't need it. As with everything in society, things become wrong when the people who need the relief the most get it, but turn a blind eye when rich people who don't need it benefit from it? How does that make sense?

lifewobluelenses

Don Juan
Reaction score
I already had it. It's not too bad, unless you're elderly and/or unhealthy. I'm in my 50s; if I'd been in my 20s, I doubt I would've even noticed it, at all.

I'd be surprised if 10s of millions of Americans haven't already contracted it, didn't notice, and are now immune.

I think time will prove me right. This is just a matter of managing the care of those who develop severe respiratory symptoms. We need to focus on THAT, not quarantine.

I understand your thinking, the only problem is that America has an abundance of people with other risk factors. High blood pressure, overwieght and obesity. Heart and vascular disorders Asthma etc. No country has so far had to take this into account and when your health care becomes overloaded, the death toll will rise at a rapid rate.