KillingTime
Senior Don Juan
- Joined
- Mar 21, 2004
- Messages
- 341
- Reaction score
- 2
Yeah, obviously i've got a big problem here. Now just from hearing that you would think I am this shy, lonely loser.... funny thing is im actually very confident and outgoing (I love speaking in public etc., far from shy.. although I used to be very shy when I was younger, but through self-help and places like this site that has changed big time)
But I still just can't make friends, and life without friends in insanely boring. I'm 19, last time I had a little group of friends I was around 14-15.... they were super laid back though so we just went to each others houses pretty much or a few concerts, aside from that ive never been to a club or bar etc. (I just know im missing out on some fun)
The obvious answer would be to join a frat but i know people who are in frats and their life is TOO hectic, i've got my reason for not wanting that right now.
Im a bodybuilder, that's my passion and I can't have too hectic of a schedule or get wasted every weekend etc, I can't even have that much alcohol.... I just want to have people to chill with on the weekends, go to a bar, strip club, watch the game or whatever and just have a life and a few people I can have that are there for me all the time (oneitis can be an issue, "bros before hos" is pretty hard to apply when you've got no bros.)
I don't actually have many hobbies aside from lifting, i'm into cars and investing. I joined a local muscle car club... good god that really backfired on me, it was worse than a Star Trek convention. The people were nice but they were REALLY on the nerdy side and just want to talk about or work on their cars 24/7... totally not what I was looking for.
Ive searched for investing clubs and seminars etc. The people seem cooler and I enjoyed everything but again they are all about work, which is great because im really into investing but that still doesn't solve my problem of having a fun social life.
I just don't seem to click with people, ive given up on College, the classrooms are not the place to meet people.... everyone in there already seems to have their little cliques... where they formed those cliques is beyond me.
I've had it, what else can i do??? I want someone to call me, I want to get email other than from ebay, and I want to go out somewhere other than Wal-Mart every friday night.
But I still just can't make friends, and life without friends in insanely boring. I'm 19, last time I had a little group of friends I was around 14-15.... they were super laid back though so we just went to each others houses pretty much or a few concerts, aside from that ive never been to a club or bar etc. (I just know im missing out on some fun)
The obvious answer would be to join a frat but i know people who are in frats and their life is TOO hectic, i've got my reason for not wanting that right now.
Im a bodybuilder, that's my passion and I can't have too hectic of a schedule or get wasted every weekend etc, I can't even have that much alcohol.... I just want to have people to chill with on the weekends, go to a bar, strip club, watch the game or whatever and just have a life and a few people I can have that are there for me all the time (oneitis can be an issue, "bros before hos" is pretty hard to apply when you've got no bros.)
I don't actually have many hobbies aside from lifting, i'm into cars and investing. I joined a local muscle car club... good god that really backfired on me, it was worse than a Star Trek convention. The people were nice but they were REALLY on the nerdy side and just want to talk about or work on their cars 24/7... totally not what I was looking for.
Ive searched for investing clubs and seminars etc. The people seem cooler and I enjoyed everything but again they are all about work, which is great because im really into investing but that still doesn't solve my problem of having a fun social life.
I just don't seem to click with people, ive given up on College, the classrooms are not the place to meet people.... everyone in there already seems to have their little cliques... where they formed those cliques is beyond me.
I've had it, what else can i do??? I want someone to call me, I want to get email other than from ebay, and I want to go out somewhere other than Wal-Mart every friday night.