"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

I have no confidence!!

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2002
Messages
907
Reaction score
2
I think I have some social problems and I want to fix them. I'm going to rant so just bear with me and maybe you could help me.

First I take it way too much to heart when someone says something bad about me. I don't know why I just do. Then I feel like a huge loser and my self-esteem really takes a hit.

Another thing is if I'm in a group of people and if there is one person in it that I know doesn't like me I get really uncomfortable and don't say a word because I afraid he might call me out and I'll just look stupid.

I'm a senior in HS now and I had a few girlfriends freshman and sophomore year but I haven't had one since. Like the last 5 girls I've tried to go after have turned me down and now I don't see the point of trying to get one because I know I'll just get rejected.

Also I have a lot of trouble coming up with good comebacks when I'm with a group of people and they are joking around. I just go blank and all I can do is kind of smile.

One more thing: I have a lot of trouble carrying a conversation. After the greeting I can't think of much to say and when I'm with a group I'm most of the time silent and just listen to everyone else talk.

Maybe you could give me some tips. THanks
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Yeah, what I did was become kinda jerkish, but kept my values and stuff intact cuz of hanging with my parents at home after school cuz they get off work the same time I come home from school. So I can't be a jerk at home.

Anyways, I just stopped giving a sh1t. Forget about consequences temporary. Once I was in a group...in the morning in a big lunchroom. So this smartass...the one I'm always talking about being an ass to me and anyone that doesn't agree with him, goes and says " hahah AFK you're a fag."

So I go, "nope, sorry to disapppoint you."

Or if they insult you, just stare at them, smile like you usually do and they won't expect anything until you go....

"hey right here man." ::Gives them the bird::

Or I dunno....just start with standing up for yourself. I gotta work on it more cuz people are always joking and I kinda take it personally like you, although I'm getting better at laughing it off and getting them with a comeback.

You will soon notice the guys who crack jokes are extremely insecure and if you puncture their little balloon shell, they'll get all red and look stupid. Just watch.

hope this helped.
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Actually, that should've been the second step.

The first step is to read the DJ BIBLE (top right hand corner). And read the post about memorizing this phrase and making it part of yourself:

There's nothing I can't handle.

Think it was giovanni who wrote it....

And don't say you have no confidence, cuz you do.
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
afk covered it well. you must not take anyone's shyt if they start disresrespecting you. respect everyone else

you say that when someone says something bad about you, you take it personally? well noone knows you as well as you know yourself.you know what you're capable of and who you are so why let other people change that?
 

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
I read a book called 'feel the fear and do it anyway'. I highly recommend you purchase it and read it twice, maybe three times.

don't say a word because I afraid he might call me out and I'll just look stupid.

This book will help you deal with situations like this.

5 girls I've tried to go after have turned me down and now I don't see the point of trying to get one because I know I'll just get rejected.

Once you've gotten a handle on your fears and insecurites, you will see 'this' part of you life change for the better, promise. Quck note: girls aren't attracted to guys that come off as insecure and weak.

Also I have a lot of trouble coming up with good comebacks when I'm with a group of people and they are joking around.

This happens because your anxious, nervous, etc. You can't think straight and focus under these conditions. Once you've learn to relax and become confident, you'll be able to respond with great come backs.

One more thing: I have a lot of trouble carrying a conversation. After the greeting I can't think of much to say and when I'm with a group I'm most of the time silent and just listen to everyone else talk.

Same as above.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top