"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

I forgot a girl's name (twice) because i didnt see her for 4 days but still got her number (somehow)

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
Girl: black girl early 20s single mother. She's nice and pretty (HB7).

Background (feel free to skip):
I've been going to a youth program of sorts in my city while taking a break from college for money reasons. It's meant to help us find jobs and teach us useful skills like financial literacy, professionalism and interview skills. I only go to make a token effort to show my family I'm serious about getting a job and use my time there to pick up girls. Somehow I managed to get a job anyway (close to multiple offers actually) so I doubt I'll be in it much longer. I talk to this girl ocassionally and wasn't planning on asking for her number anymore (she seemed friendly but not actually interested and I figured she'd be a boring date) but I still talk to her when there's no other girls to chat up.

Relevant Situation: basically, I went to say hi to the girl yesterday and called her by the wrong name (Diana) without knowing it, she told me that I got the name wrong but didn't correct me, I played it off ("oh sorry, I mistook you for wonder woman, uncanny resemblance"). The next time I talked to her was like 5 minutes later after she initiated conversation with me, we chatted a bit and then I called her by a corrected name (Diane)... It was still wrong, and this time she reminded me of what her name was (Denise). So I said to her that she should give me her number and put her name in my phone too so I wouldn't forget it. She did and said "next time you forget just look at your phone". Then we kept talking about stuff and parted ways (this part was on a subway)

I can't believe she gave me her number lol. I wonder if she'll actually text me back when I get around to texting her. I thought she'd be way more mad about me forgetting her name twice (I would be pretty mad tbh).

The moral of this story is that you should write a girl's name down because you might not see her for a long time and then when she asks you "how was your weeknd?" You'll have to fake it til you make it.

What's your take on this gentlemen, am I literally a Seinfeld character at this point?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top