"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

I finally talked to her

Buck Naked

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2002
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Roseville, MN
I finally talked to the girl ive been going after for three years, Leah. Granted it i went after the AFC way and had a representitive go over and tell her someone who though she was sweet wanted to meet her, but it got the job done. And at this point, i dont care.

She was at the bar with her friends, but she came over alone. She had a big smile on her face when she saw it was me who wanted to meet her. Her friends left us alone talking, which i thought was good. And she wasnt in a hurry to leave me. Ive met her b4, i know one of her roomies, but i was half in the bag at the time.
The conversation went well, no ackward moments, and she talked majority of the time. In the end she left with her friends, but i knew i made a start with her.
The problem is, when i was talking to her, i didnt have the "Fighter" mentality i normally have. Im not thinking like a womanizer. B/C of this i dont make moves, even though i did put my arm around her, but still. Im not the same as when i dont care. And i HATE it!

My question is: Even though i care about her, how can i get that fighter mentality back? Without it im nothing:(
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
hmmm.... it took you 3 years to speak to her? At this rate she could meet somebody, get married, and start a family before you ever spoke to her again.
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
grow some fuccing balls.
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap
 

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
You havn't been going after her if you havn't talked to her.

Get your priorities straight. Taking it slow and finding out your the decorator at her wedding, or speeding it up and creating an opportunity.

Not all doors are locked.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

khanboy

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Congratulations, now for the sake of your deteriorating nut sack, talk to 10 new women tomorrow.

Three years is a long time,
khanboy
 
Top