Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I dont believe all the running races deserve equal credit (sprints, marathons, ect)

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can we worship a 100m sprinter when a marathon runner basically burns his own body for energy?

Dont get me wrong I understand the sprinter needs to focus hard to realize his full potential within few seconds but the marathon runner has to endure pain and suffering for hours till the end.

What do you think? I hope none of you misunderstood my point.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well actually it is, people think that simply running is enough.

edit: xenomorph why did you delete your comment? now it seems Im talking by myself...kinda like when you try to reason with your gf.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely prefer the sprinter, especially the long sprints (200 & 400). Extreme distance running isn’t healthy long term.
Also sprinters usually build a better overall body while long distance runners tend to get way too skinny yet the mental fortitude of the seconds is impressive.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also sprinters usually build a better overall body while long distance runners tend to get way too skinny yet the mental fortitude of the seconds is impressive.
Exactly. Agree on both. Those marathon winners do the damn thing in 2 hours. That’s 120 / 26 = 4.6 or about 4:40 per mile for 26 miles!

Thats just insane.

Also insane Wade Van Niekerk Dan 43.03 in 400. Subtract 0.5 (start) that’s 42.5/4 = FOUR 10.6 sec 100 meter sprints!

These runners are nutty.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly. Agree on both. Those marathon winners do the damn thing in 2 hours. That’s 120 / 26 = 4.6 or about 4:40 per mile for 26 miles!

Thats just insane.

Also insane Wade Van Niekerk Dan 43.03 in 400. Subtract 0.5 (start) that’s 42.5/4 = FOUR 10.6 sec 100 meter sprints!

These runners are nutty.
I'm impressed we are talking about races and we agree, even got a like out of you.

We finally found common ground in some topic.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
endurance athletes rarely get popped for steroids though lol

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well.. I don’t give a rats azz. I’m just here for the inevitable melt down

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marathons are boring to watch and are only exciting in the last couple minutes, but only if more than one guy enters the stadium at the same time.

Sprints are much more exciting to watch, like a human horse race.

There's only one runner on the following list, Usain Bolt.

How can we worship a 100m sprinter when a marathon runner basically burns his own body for energy?
Value is in the eye of the spectator.

You're actually making a common economic mistake, that the primary reason for price is the input side, where value is primarily decided by what people are willing to pay.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marathons are boring to watch and are only exciting in the last couple minutes, but only if more than one guy enters the stadium at the same time.

Sprints are much more exciting to watch, like a human horse race.

There's only one runner on the following list, Usain Bolt.

Value is in the eye of the spectator.

You're actually making a common economic mistake, that the primary reason for price is the input side, where value is primarily decided by what people are willing to pay.
Thats exactly what my question was, how can be pay more (attention as currency in this case) for someone that suffers less.

I'm not denying the major value that is given to a sprinter, Im asking how is it possible given the alternatives that we do it.