Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I don’t drink,,, disclose or not pre date

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I would think women would view it as a positive if you don't drink, especially at our age. I hear women complain that lots of guys they meet online are drunks. I always tell women i aint much into drinking. I'd mention that before a first date, then she knows and you dont waste your time if she needs a drinking partner.
Ones close to 40 many dont drink or just social drinkers. Many had drinking problems when younger and trying to stay silver. The two I'm talking to one has been silver for 11 years and the other drinks wine and hardly ever gets drunk.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a drinker and I couldn't date a woman who didn't drink. Alcohol is a drug and you want those who around to feel the effects of it as you while drinking. It loosens you up. I also like breweries. Can't really plan a date there with a non-drinker. It's a compatibility thing.

But to answer your question I think saying it upfront is the wisest thing to do. It'll save time for both of you.
Same. I dismiss women who don’t drink. Most of them are boring asf. It is a compatibility issue. Op, it will be more difficult to date if you don’t drink. I recommend you meet women at the gym, 5k races, anything fitness related, best chance of meeting women who don’t drink. Those OLD ladies drink a bottle of wine just to get through the day.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Same. I dismiss women who don’t drink. Most of them are boring asf. It is a compatibility issue. Op, it will be more difficult to date if you don’t drink. I recommend you meet women at the gym, 5k races, anything fitness related, best chance of meeting women who don’t drink. Those OLD ladies drink a bottle of wine just to get through the day.
I noticed that too on OLD. Occasional drinking is fine, but daily boozing is just a no go for me and drinking issues they have. It seems the under 35 crowd has that issue. I see that on OLD a lot. Especially on apps like Tinder, Bumble, POF that have younger users all their pics are of them drinking.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Tell her you like to stay sober so you can stay out of trouble. Tell her that you know she would be glad to bail you out of jail but you would rather not make her have to. Be the recovering bad boy. That’s how I roll. I never drink out at a bar or anywhere anymore. Only at home. I like to carry my gun when I go out and I can’t do that and drink at the same time.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Tell her you like to stay sober so you can stay out of trouble. Tell her that you know she would be glad to bail you out of jail but you would rather not make her have to. Be the recovering bad boy. That’s how I roll. I never drink out at a bar or anywhere anymore. Only at home. I like to carry my gun when I go out and I can’t do that and drink at the same time.
Here in fl gun laws are strict. In missouri I could sit at a bar and only get a citation if caught. In floriduh with the strict gun laws its arrest. Otherwise eating out I still carry and drink anyway.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Here in fl gun laws are strict. In missouri I could sit at a bar and only get a citation if caught. In floriduh with the strict gun laws its arrest. Otherwise eating out I still carry and drink anyway.
I'm in Illinois but I also am a cop so I carry under a Federal provision called LEOSA. LEOSA says you cannot consume ANY booze while carrying. I used to do it but I've got more cautious in my old age.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I'm in Illinois but I also am a cop so I carry under a Federal provision called LEOSA. LEOSA says you cannot consume ANY booze while carrying. I used to do it but I've got more cautious in my old age.
Yep. IL carry laws suck as a whole. You really need to move over to Missouri which has some of the fewest firearms regulations in the country. in MO you don't even need a ccw permit to carry. 19 and older can conceal carry without a permit in MO. CCW permit in missouri allows for open carry in the few cities that forbid open carry though. Otherwise for concealed no permit needed!

I hate Floriduh gun laws. Everything is much much stricter than Missouri. Too many New England liberals down here.

Also, first dates from OLD would you recommend packing? Down here in FL men have been robbed going on OLD dates from set ups.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Yep. IL carry laws suck as a whole. You really need to move over to Missouri which has some of the fewest firearms regulations in the country. in MO you don't even need a ccw permit to carry. 19 and older can conceal carry without a permit in MO. CCW permit in missouri allows for open carry in the few cities that forbid open carry though. Otherwise for concealed no permit needed!

I hate Floriduh gun laws. Everything is much much stricter than Missouri. Too many New England liberals down here.

Also, first dates from OLD would you recommend packing? Down here in FL men have been robbed going on OLD dates from set ups.
Illinois gun laws aren’t great but there is at least an option for CCW now if you aren’t law enforcement. The problem with it though is that too many places put up “no firearms” signs. Then you have the other extreme businesses that put up signs “concealed carry welcome in here”. Many people choose where they shop strictly on if firearms are allowed or not. As for packing on a first date you’re darn right I do.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Nice

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Illinois gun laws aren’t great but there is at least an option for CCW now if you aren’t law enforcement. The problem with it though is that too many places put up “no firearms” signs. Then you have the other extreme businesses that put up signs “concealed carry welcome in here”. Many people choose where they shop strictly on if firearms are allowed or not. As for packing on a first date you’re darn right I do.
Especially from OLD I would with all the setups you hear about from OLD. What would happen if the woman found out you're packing like felt it when leaning up next to you and freaked out?

logicallefty

Reaction score
Especially from OLD I would with all the setups you hear about from OLD. What would happen if the woman found out you're packing like felt it when leaning up next to you and freaked out?
If she freaked out that bad that's an easy filtering method for me. NEXT. I'm not one of those extreme gun freaks but I am a strong believer in concealed carry for those people who aren't crazy, and especially for myself as a cop. So if a woman was that freaked out over that then she is not a good fit for me.

One time I did have a chick bump into it as we were holding hands walking down the street on date #2. She just kinda looked puzzled and I said "Here switch to my right side" cuz the gun was of course on my left. Then I told her what she had hit and she said "oooooohh I feel extremely safe now" and she grabbed me even tighter. That night went well it was my first lay with her. When we got back to her place took it off and laid it on her dresser and she just said "don't shoot my cat!" Then we got to it.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
If she freaked out that bad that's an easy filtering method for me. NEXT. I'm not one of those extreme gun freaks but I am a strong believer in concealed carry for those people who aren't crazy, and especially for myself as a cop. So if a woman was that freaked out over that then she is not a good fit for me.

One time I did have a chick bump into it as we were holding hands walking down the street on date #2. She just kinda looked puzzled and I said "Here switch to my right side" cuz the gun was of course on my left. Then I told her what she had hit and she said "oooooohh I feel extremely safe now" and she grabbed me even tighter. That night went well it was my first lay with her. When we got back to her place took it off and laid it on her dresser and she just said "don't shoot my cat!" Then we got to it.
You're 60 years old. How old are these women you're chasing?

logicallefty

Reaction score
You're 60 years old. How old are these women you're chasing?
Dude I'm 45 lol I've dated as young as 22 when I was in my 30s, and in my 40s as young as 28. I seem to do better with older women around my own age += a couple years. The chick I referenced above was 37 when I was 43.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Dude I'm 45 lol I've dated as young as 22 when I was in my 30s, and in my 40s as young as 28. I seem to do better with older women around my own age += a couple years. The chick I referenced above was 37 when I was 43.
I'm thinking of another poster, sorry. Older than you? I'm 36 and everyone is saying I need to go with women YOUNGER than me. Like late 20s thru early 30s, not older. Even when I posted I went on a date from OLD with a 39 year old they said that's too old and said that's nasty.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I'm thinking of another poster, sorry. Older than you? I'm 36 and everyone is saying I need to go with women YOUNGER than me. Like late 20s thru early 30s, not older. Even when I posted I went on a date from OLD with a 39 year old they said that's too old and said that's nasty.
I've dated enough women at the various ages to know what the pros and cons are of the various age ranges, what works for me, and what don't. Women in their 20s are hot but too boring for me. Women in their 30s are too crazy, too untrustworthy, and too masculine. So that puts me into the 40s. The 40s women have some of the bad traits of 30s women but they tend to calm down from their peek as they get older. They are smart enough to know that the sh|t they used to do in their 20s and 30s isn't gonna fly as much anymore and so if they want a decent man they need to be worthy of one. My GF is 46 and the wall isn't doing a damn thing to her, mentally or physically. I still have to keep her in line sometimes but it's much easier to do than it would be to some younger one. Pic below just so you can see that not all older women are fat old bags.

Attachments