"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

I can hold Eye Contact but nothing comes to mind

B

BeDJ

Guest
Well It's very easy for me to hold eye contact with a girl during a conversation with her holding it with me. However, Whenever I hold eye contact for a over 4 seconds, I end up with understanding nothing she said, and when I try to answer a question that requires SOME thinking while holding eye contact, I get somewhat blank like my head ain't operating.

Is this because I am concentrating too much energy on eye contact?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
422
Reaction score
0
Location
Vienna, VA
You are thinking about it too much. Just relax and listent to what she is saying, hopefully you are able to concentrate on more the one thing at once.
 

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
when you hold ec for 5 seconds and your mind is drawing a blank, so is hers. And when you walk up all that is going through her mind is "OMG, he's actually coming over! omg omg omg!" Just have a canned opener and roll with the punches til the both of you get more comfortable. No one expects a perfect opener so just say something
 
B

BeDJ

Guest
MF, I think you might be right about her part cause she was stuttering and saying "uh....uh...uh".

No it was not like an approach, just some girl in my class who I decided to approach and told her to be my partner for a project.

How do I STOP drawing blanks, because my mind is drawing blanks even on some questions I know the answer to and I would say it right if it weren't for the eye contact
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

h2o

Banned
Joined
Sep 3, 2004
Messages
930
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
welcome to my world
because my mind is drawing blanks even on some questions I know the answer to
hb: what's your name?
you: uh...uh...um...

lol. i know what you guys mean though, just don't think about it much, and try to focus on what she is saying. that way, you'll naturally make ec without thinking about it.
 
Top