Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I am "The Other Guy" and could use advice

Rectangle18

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post in any of these PUA/Manosphere type forums, and I've found myself researching this world over the past month or so due to the situation I'm in. I'm curious what the opinions are of some seasoned folks as I'm in a situation I never thought I'd find myself in..

To start, I'm 31 years old and have had I'd say above average success over the past few years when it comes to dating and sex. I hate the term but my body count currently stands at a flat 30 girls, with the majority of those coming over the past few years. I've had 4 girlfriends, each lasting about a year, when I was 21, 23, 25, and 29, and I'd say I'm probably a 7 on the 10 scale in terms of physical appearance (I'm 5'8 and chubby, but I've got some muscle and I'm pretty sociable/comfortable around girls).

About 3 months ago I ended up meeting this girl through a friend who I absolutely fell for. She literally checks all of the boxes I have, and she immediately came on to me. Since I'm trying to remain anon, we'll call her Sara (28). Now right off the bat, Sara told me she'd been dating a guy for about two months but that they hadn't had sex yet.. that he wanted to wait. I asked "are you guys official," to which she said "no, I'm single," which I took as a "yeah I'm down to ****" response, which I went ahead and proceeded with. The guy she's dating is named Ritchie (26).

Sara and I spent the next month ****ing almost every day, sometimes 2 to 3 times a day. And when we weren't ****ing we were spending lots of time with each other, going to restaurants, watching movies, playing video games, etc. We became pretty close, pretty quickly, and we texted quite a bit as well. We made lots of plans for the future, and I even met her friends. All while this was happening, she was still going on romantic yet sexless dates with Ritchie, who knew very little about our relationship. Around week 2, I did tell Sara that I'd personally like to bring our relationship beyond FWBs, despite the fact that I at the time was actively NOT looking to start a relationship, but she told me she was pretty invested in Ritchie, and could not start another romantic relationship at the time. She told me she really liked spending time with me and ****ing me, but she wasn't feeling anything romantic.. which to me I thought.. obviously. We've just been hanging out and ****ing nonstop-- not exactly the beautiful romance Ritichie was giving her, taking her out to fancy dinners and to see the sunset, getting her flowers and chocolate. I'd spend Friday night and Saturday night ****ing this girl.. Sunday morning we'd **** and then she'd be off to go see Ritchie for a romantic afternoon.

Anyway, a few weeks later Sara told me she's taking it to the next level with Ritchie. That he's very sweet and she's never met a guy quite like him, but that she'd like to continue to hang out with me and be friends.. At first, I told her no, that if she's going to be official with the dude, that I'm out. She seemed pretty upset but I thought to myself, "**** this ****, let's see her come back to me.."

A week later, I stopped by her place to pick up my video games I'd left there. While I was there, we ended up catching up a little, and I had a bit of a change of heart.. I know the sage advice is "don't be friends with a girl you want to date," but if I'm being real, part of the reason I liked her so much was that I felt she really had some "dude" in her, her and I became extremely tight. I said I was down to give it a go and try to be friends.

That week, before we could meet up again, she went on a romantic adventure with Ritchie to Europe, where he "made love" to her to the first time. I later found out, that she was HIS FIRST. He'd never had sex before. This was a real romance between the two of them, and he was an ULTRA romantic. When she came back from Europe, her and I met up for some drinks. We hung out Thursday night, then Friday night, then she asked me if I was around Saturday during the day, and we chilled. Then we met up Tuesday, and Wednesday. The texting resumed like it originally had been in that month, as did the flirtation her and I had. I was pretty bewildered.. seemed sorta inappropriate to continue our relationship in this way now that she's "official" with the guy. I asked her, "What does he know?" Her response: He knows we hang alot, but he doesn't know we hooked up.. He also thinks we've been friends for a long time, not that we'd only met a few months ago, AFTER they had already been dating.

At this point, I want to point out, that I am aware that this is a massive RED FLAG. Seeing her lie to her current boyfriend, and take this risk to keep me in her life like this, makes me think, "Well, if her and I were to have been dating.. what's to say she wouldn't have done this to me?" She might have.. I'm not one to ignore red flags, but I've also self-diagnosed myself with what Rollo would describe as "ONEITIS." I'm not ashamed to say it. I'm very into her, and I do enjoy being her friend in a platonic sense.. Her and I get along in a way I've not just not experienced with girls, but also, never experienced with another HUMAN, so leaving her in my mind, really is just out of the question.

A few weeks ago, she got bumped from her flight and put in a hotel nearby. Instead of hitting up Ritchie, she hit me up to drink and spend the night. I did. I asked her if Ritchie knew and she told me he didn't. We didn't ****.. we play fight. I'll touch her a bit, grab her, let her punch me, tease her, but we didn't ****. Even though still, the whole situation was pretty inappropriate to say the least.

A week later I met the dude. I hate some of these terms but it finally dawned on me what was going on. He is what would be considered a beta, who wines and dines her, and stares into her eyes, whereas I'm the Other Guy, who's more masculine, giving her that attention and that sexual interaction I know she craves and is most likely not getting from Ritchie. The next week, her and I got dinner and drinks Wednesday, Thursday, then Friday night and Saturday during the day she spent with Ritchie, then we met up and drank Saturday night, and Sunday night... On Saturday night, she told me she's off from work Christmas through New Years, and wanted to take that time to travel someplace, and asked me if I wanted to go with her. Go on a trip with Sara? Sounds ****ing AWESOME. I told her of course, but at the same time... how the **** would Ritchie feel if his girlfriend went on a weeklong trip with another man? I know I wouldn't be cool with it. She told me she'd ask him what he thinks.

OK, so I know this is a lot. I'm actually seeing her again tonight (Wednesday). I am well aware of the red flags.. I've read the Rational Male and I know the logic would be to just move on from her entirely. I haven't stopped seeing other girls (****ed a Tinder girl last week actually), but I've caught Oneitis for Sara, and honestly I want to date her.. Even if she never dates me, I do want to be her friend in some capacity.. but at the same time, our relationship is pretty weird and my gut feeling is that her and Ritchie will not work out in the long term. I'm curious what people think.. Lay it on me.

I personally am under the impression that it's best to just play this one day by day, continue to have fun spending time with her and getting to know her, and just see what happens.

I also want to point out.. I care about her a lot.. I think she's an awesome person who is a TON of fun to be around.

Thanks all,
Rec

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Dude you’re an orbiter now. You need to either turn into Sancho (you’re fncks and her bf is bucks) or cut her off…

do this if you’re truly friends now:

get the hottest gal you can off tinder and make videos of you guys fncking (with consent of course). Then when you’re hanging out with your friend show them to her while the chick is wailing or squirting.

she’ll bail or jump you.

I did this a couple of times - it got me laid on the spot and I continued to be the side piece for a year. Worked.

never mind that there is no woman in the world that after having sex with her repeatedly over time does not develop feelings for the man. You want her to yourself? you need to treat this like war.

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
What´s the problem? When I was younger I loved banging girls with boyfriends without a condom and kumming inside them. I didnt have to worry about pregnancy scares because they have a boyfriend. Keep banging her.

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally it’s better to be the alpha fuk instead of the alternative - in this case the new bf. Except when you get oneitis. I’ve been the other guy (with oneitis) and started to get jealous of the BF when she would go home to him. Which is crazy because who would want to be that guy!

You can certainly just keep it cool and when the new bf blows himself out, she’ll come running to you. BUT, you now know her nature - she ain’t loyal and getting into a relationship with her would be against your better judgement. You’re forced into only one option.

Good news is you’ll fvck her again - bad news is you gotta kill the oneitis and get other women while you wait for her to get bored with Richie. Pull back and don’t put your chips in the friendzone - she’s a fwb, but on her schedule. If you don’t kill the onitis it’s going to hurt everytime you can have her to yourself.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you "the other guy " or did she forced you into that role?

If you just met this girl and she happened to have a bf and you just fcking her, okay.
But this is a extreme case and the most accurate description of " having your cake and eat it too". I could never ever respect a woman like this.

Right now she has two suckers on her roster. And she is merciless. Sounds like a extreme narcissistic personality. She's feeding of your self respect. The other guy might be a dork, she at least has more respect for him by lying to him a d bending the truth. This is why two dudes might end up with a huge beef over a woman.

Now to be clear. I would rather have you in this position than the position the other dude is in. But it's gotta be on your terms. Right now everything is on her term and it sounds like you clearly don't want things to be this way. Imo this is a unhealthy situation and you should step out immediately.

You sir, are thinking with your D and not with your brains. This is simping . She is playing you like a puppet and you just stand there and take it...

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What´s the problem? When I was younger I loved banging girls with boyfriends without a condom and kumming inside them. I didnt have to worry about pregnancy scares because they have a boyfriend. Keep banging her.
The problem is OP wants more . But she denies him more, and she's rubbing the other LTR constantly in his face.

No wonder that these bytches act like this nowedays. Men should have more honour and respect for self.

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel for Ritchie, he thinks he’s got a good one and he really just has a slut. I think she is pretty typical for women these days.

I don’t have any advice for you, keep ****ing her I guess but understand she is a low quality slut and that’s all she is good for.

Hopefully Ritchie finds out and the experience pushes him to the RP.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel for Ritchie, he thinks he’s got a good one and he really just has a slut. I think she is pretty typical for women these days.

I don’t have any advice for you, keep ****ing her I guess but understand she is a low quality slut and that’s all she is good for.

Hopefully Ritchie finds out and the experience pushes him to the RP.
I don't know if I'd call her a slut. Shes just acting on natural female instincts... She's making the provider wait for sex while he's proving that her manipulation of him is working with the flowers, gifts, trip to europe, etc. and not having raw desire of him, while having the desire for the non reliable lover. The provider is the rock that they try to anchor to. They're more important than the lover.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Either you start fvcking her again or you leave. This nonsense you have going on is silliness.

Also know this woman will never be more than a FWB for you as whatever boxes she needs checked to be in a full blown relationship you don't check, although I am not sure she even has ever been in one of those as this is likely the norm for her...one guy to fvck her senseless and the other guy to wine and dine her and pay for stuff.

She is trash. Stop allowing yourself to be used and stop disrespecting yourself like this.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl obviously has more game than you and Ritchie combined. On the bright side, it sucks to be Ritchie more than it sucks to be you. On the not-so-bright side, you've caught feeling for a low quality, cheating wh0re. The fact that you view this woman as anything more than a cvm receptacle reflects poorly on your judgment and frame.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like Sara is a POS hoe. Probably has some other dycks too beside yours and Ritchie's. If I were you I'd dump her and tell Ritchie the whole story. C'mon man, have some dignity.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like Sara is a POS hoe. Probably has some other dycks too beside yours and Ritchie's. If I were you I'd dump her and tell Ritchie the whole story. C'mon man, have some dignity.
And then she tells Ritchie that the OP raped her (and he believes her) and files a police report. Smartest things would be drop this chick and delete her number.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This girl obviously has more game than you and Ritchie combined. On the bright side, it sucks to be Ritchie more than it sucks to be you. On the not-so-bright side, you've caught feeling for a low quality, cheating wh0re. The fact that you view this woman as anything more than a cvm receptacle reflects poorly on your judgment and frame.
I mean at least he is getting laid frequently...but still.