I am probably going to be leaving sosuave.net for good very soon...

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I rate you among the top posters on this forum and the female perspective is always useful to have.

Ironically the guys who flame you are the ones who would benefit most from your advice, but they are just bitter woman haters or brainwashed nerds who have no idea how to talk to women.

Or maybe they're acting like jerks to try and impress you! Yeah, it's dumb logic, but it's a logic a LOT of guys on this board seem to follow.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
I'd just want to point out something.

Except for two posts (of uselessness), every post in reply to you leaving has been of good nature, from a few of the top dogs here. Jariel, MindOverMatter, and now myself. Even better is the response from the newbies.

I usually stop viewing a flame basket after sh!t starts flying, so I don't know who's causing this really. It's honestly a respect issue, and its OFFICAL reaction is "Oh, stop taking offense to it", and "I'll tell them not to bother you".

This is complete bullsh!t for an administrative reaction to the crap that you have to put up with. It also is bullsh!t that they sent you a personal message telling you to stop reacting.

If you get banned, or booted by Allen, I'm going to leave too. All I'll post to is my http://docsster.com thread in AE, to drag everyone else away.

:rolleyes:, if there's no community, Allen loses in the end. We can't drag everyone, but if every person that has kept the forums alive with material didn't post, the forums would cease to be useful, and Allen would ultimately notice. Poor Administrative action can be a big thing, if you want to get him to notice.

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Docs said:
This is complete bullsh!t for an administrative reaction to the crap that you have to put up with. It also is bullsh!t that they sent you a personal message telling you to stop reacting.

If you get banned, or booted by Allen, I'm going to leave too.
I was going to post something along those lines too, but I didn't want to risk getting banned myself for questioning administrative authority.

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire... you're prectically asking us to beg you to stay? LoL... n1!

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
sexy_kuta said:
got pics?

whats yo number
LOLOLOL

But seriously Wyldfire, enough of the attention wh0ring, it's getting annoying. The sole purpose of this thread is to get guys to beg you to stay, which of course, is not going to happen. One word, attention, thus verifying everything we preach about on this site. It should be a sticky.

Bad_Lil'Pixie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Set the example!

Docs said:

If you get banned, or booted by Allen, I'm going to leave too.

thederekeffect1 said:
I was going to post something along those lines too, but I didn't want to risk getting banned myself for questioning administrative authority.
I agree with Docs and derekeffect - I too find it very inappropriate for a mod or administrator to tell you to take a lot of flack and request you not react to it. Seems very narrow minded of them and quite unfair to you.

Set the example, cut and paste their PM that stated: "I have been informed that unless I learn to tolerate personal attacks and insults and not respond or defend myself that I am at risk to be banned. - Wyldfire".

I think PM's like these show less then credible management of this site. I think others would be grateful to read such a rediculous threat.

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
Espi said:
Hey WF, why in hell did you join this forum to begin with?

You're in enemy territory, Dear. You are like the head of the KGB lambasting Americans at the height of the Cold War for embracing Democracy. C'mon...you have to understand that you're not on our team...Surely you don't expect us to take every kindly to you, right?

That said, I'm not a misogynist, and I don't appreciate reading such remarks, especially when it comes to denigrating someone's deceased fiancee and making fun of someone's children. IMO, that's wrong, and if I were a mod, I wouldn't allow it. But this is the Internet, the Wild Wild West of language exchange. We insult each other on this forum every day, and they're not all aimed toward you, WF. On this site, I've been called a moron, an idiot, etc. And I've thrown a couple of my own punches. So what! We're guys. I bust my friends' balls all the time. That's the way we guys are...

Accept the fact that if you decide to stay, you're always gonna be the square peg in the round hole. Expect that and you'll deal with the insults, etc. a lot better.
Another bingo. Same deal with b1tches in the workplace. They aren't worth a sh1t and they want special privileges for being a woman, but they also want equal fukking pay. Ridiculous. And yes, that is a stereotype that I have YET to be seen proven wrong.

BobFuest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like your input actually. UNforunately, welcome to the world of BBS's. Every board is the same. Idiots who want to put their opinions up.
Your going to be banned from an open forum? So this is not an open forum? its a censored one? where did it ever say that? I must have missed it. What kind of tools are the moderators? It doesnt matter what you say because that is the purpose of freedom of speech. I dont always agree with talking about dead people and children but it should be open to free speech.

*edit: No need to include her entire original post in quotes when responding to it; it takes up a huge amount of page space...

Last edited by a moderator:

snobby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stick around and try not to post stuff that will cause men to flame or insult you. If you think that what you're about to post will cause attention and arguments, refrain from posting it. The funny part is that many guys here who are hypocrites get it all wrong about women and think they gotta act to her like a piece of s**t in order to appear superior. You just gotta laugh at these pathetic attempts. But seriously, why do you need to make a thread about it? Who gives a flying **** what everyone thinks about you? Stick around, and if you feel that you can't take it anymore log off...then when you feel you want to visit log back in again. Yeah...

Soupar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Docs said:
I'd just want to point out something.

Except for two posts (of uselessness), every post in reply to you leaving has been of good nature, from a few of the top dogs here. Jariel, MindOverMatter, and now myself. Even better is the response from the newbies.

I usually stop viewing a flame basket after sh!t starts flying, so I don't know who's causing this really. It's honestly a respect issue, and its OFFICAL reaction is "Oh, stop taking offense to it", and "I'll tell them not to bother you".

If you get banned, or booted by Allen, I'm going to leave too. All I'll post to is my http://docsster.com thread in AE, to drag everyone else away.

:rolleyes:, if there's no community, Allen loses in the end. We can't drag everyone, but if every person that has kept the forums alive with material didn't post, the forums would cease to be useful, and Allen would ultimately notice. Poor Administrative action can be a big thing, if you want to get him to notice.
How is this complete bull**** for an administrative reaction? Wyldfye is causing 10x more trouble (and attention :rolleyes:) then stevera or any of her other little flamers were causing combined. I don't really think you have much power to drag many people away from so suave, in fact i'd be suprised if more then 2 people followed you.

Socialreject

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't expect everyone to be rightious and fair Wyldfire. IRL you can demand that people treat you fair, and show them where it's at if they don't. Online, that just doesn't work and most of the time you are just wasting time if you try. It's a small marging of people who realize when they are wrong, even smaller the ones who admit to it. I'm sure you've reached the age where you realize this!

I'm pretty sure some guys here see you as the enemie, some guys will flame you just for being a woman. This IS a very likely place to encounter guys who blaim all their problems on 'women' isn't it?

Only thing you can do is ignore them and don't justify yourself to them. You know you don't HAVE to right?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
I would much prefer to not be attacked and insulted and not feel the need to respond...but I really don't have much choice.

Hellooooo victim mentality.

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Hellooooo victim mentality.
Seems to be contagious with the women....

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Just going to make a couple of comments...

I do realize I am going to get attacked by some on here just because I'm a woman. Hell, I expect that. And honestly, that's not really the issue here. It's never been the issue. The only attacks I actually have a problem with are the ones that are directed at my children or loved ones. I'm not bothered at all by the attacks that are made on me. What I'm bothered by is that I am being told that I have a different set of rules than the rest of you have. I have been told that I can't respond to those attacks. When I don't respond it grows to a pack mentality where there are even more joining in with the attacks (even though it's against the TOS to do that in the first place) and then every thread I post on gets locked after being hijacked by 3 times the amount of people you see attacking me when I do respond.

Yes, I AM going to be attacked, that won't change. The question is not how to stop that because it won't stop. The question is what is the best way to deal with it. Should I be treated differently than everyone else on this forum just because I am a woman? That's what will be the case if I am not allowed to respond to insults and attacks or get banned if I do. Should the mods have to delete every insult and attack made against me instead of letting me deal with those posts like everyone else on here is allowed to? Or should I just be permitted to do what everyone else is allowed to and deal with whoever is an asshat to me in the way that will limit it as much as possible?

I've been here 5 years. For 5 years I have been dealing with this same thing. For 5 years I have consistently treated others with the same level of courtesy they show me. For 5 years, if someone has insulted or attacked me I have let them know, in no uncertain terms that I won't put up with it. On a few occassions I HAVE refrained from responding and alerted posts instead because I was asked to do that. That only led to even more people attacking me and moderators getting angry with me for doing what I was asked to do because there were so many more flamebaiting posts directed at me when I didn't respond.

Again...I am not asking or expecting the personal attacks, flame baiting and insults to stop. All I'm asking for is to be able to handle it myself because history has shown that if I don't respond and alert it causes more problems than it solves. At least when I give it back there are some who know that I can give as good as I get so they won't join in. If I don't respond I'm viewed as an easy target for their anger and frustration with women and lash out so much worse than they otherwise do.

I hope this clears up why I started this thread. Okay...I'm going to go back to just reading again...

Reaction score
Wyldfire said:

If you keep showing vulnerabilities, you will keep getting attacked. There is always someone who will do this.

The internet is only one of the places where you got wussies being macho tuff guys. Why is that? They only show their mental strengths. They have no body, no worries, nothing. Just a box to place their thoughts.

You think this is because you're a woman?!!! HAHAHAHAHA.

It's because there are douchebags here on the site. It happens to everyone. I doubt they're treating your textbox any differently because its "feminine".

Face it, with a site this large, the most "popular" posters will be attacked. More people, means more of them are @ssholes arguing just for the sake of arguing and insulting just so they can chip away at you.

*edit - no need to include her entire original post in a quote; it takes up way too much page space

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not vulnerable...I'm being told that I have different rules to follow than everyone else. The issue is NOT that I get attacked and never has been. That doesn't bother me at all. The issue is that I have been informed that I am being treated with a different set of rules than everyone else who is here, and that's not okay.

Soupar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Yes, I AM going to be attacked, that won't change. The question is not how to stop that because it won't stop. The question is what is the best way to deal with it. Should I be treated differently than everyone else on this forum just because I am a woman? That's what will be the case if I am not allowed to respond to insults and attacks or get banned if I do. Should the mods have to delete every insult and attack made against me instead of letting me deal with those posts like everyone else on here is allowed to? Or should I just be permitted to do what everyone else is allowed to and deal with whoever is an asshat to me in the way that will limit it as much as possible?
I don't think its a matter of retaliating to being flamed but a matter of you making huge problem causing posts like this and the stevera one. If any guy on this forum started to say he was offended like you are, he would be made fun of way more. From what i've seen, the mods dont care very much at all when anybody (not just you) gets flamed, it only becomes a problem when posts like this come up which are just asking for a huge flame war.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh Wyldfire, we all know you'll be back in a few months :yes:

But I agree that moderation here could use some work.

Blackdragon5095

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I get attacked alot in my life to Widefire. I talked to it about some of my family members. You gotta remember their are some stupid people you just should Ignore.
Sun tzu said that if you really want to beat a enemy you must understand yourself and the enemy.
You have to understand yourself. Look at you, your letting immature people who run around on this fourm making you get mad and stressing you out.

Yes I agree, this fourm is losing it's touch and their are less people doing apporaching and reading the DJ bible. Just alot of people complaing and crying. I try to just stuck to field reports and reading dj memerial. In couple of my posts, I have people starting flame wars. Why ? because they have NO LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To warp it up

Stop trying to make stupid people understand you. I tired that and some guy just ketp starting stuff with me because he just don't have a life. Don't tell people about your love ones or children because they just want something to attack you with. Even though most of the Master Dj's are gone. They left very very good tips and advice. I can just read from the Dj bible. Or just make a new sn and don't tell anyone your a girl. That will piss alot of the a$$holes off.

If you do leave, then do it because you don't have time to waste of such stupid people with no self-respect, confidence, and very unhappy.

The end.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
I am probably going to be leaving sosuave.net for good very soon...
See a MAN would just leave. Rather than moan about it.

No-one cares, OK?

Either stay, or go. I don't care either way. But just make your decision and be done with it.