"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

I am bored

PhoeNixFalls

New Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
39
I am bored. There is nothing more terrifying than to hear those words, especially coming from myself. Although I can not remember how long I have felt this way it is something I do not wish to keep occurring. One thing I have noticed is the fact that I have not been myself. I have been trying to become something I am not and that is intellectual.

I can not correct what I do not know, my faults, which is most important. Although I have brought unto myself what most people would find to be a good trait. It has not worked for me for I am not capable of dealing with things beyond me. Acceptance into anything is always what a person wants. It is what I want, but being myself was never something I found to be something people admire. I can not change what has past although I may attempt to better the future.

Is thinking outside of the box better than not? I am confused because I do not know how to judge things. Perhaps I am just confused. I can never make a decision and if I do. Questioning whether it was worth it or not is in my head for more than is wanted.

What I am trying to say in this long rabble is that I am unsure about most things you would find to be simple and easily answered. I have not done what most of you have already done, such as having a girlfriend/boyfriend, going on a date, having my first kiss. I am 17, does it get worse or better? I want to ask a girl out maybe even to prom, but no car, no money and I find myself to be boring. In the simplest terms, I need assistance.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
I have an unimaginable amount of fun in Morocco yet my friends there have no money. Let alone a car.

Why do you depend on such things? Why are you boring or why are you bored, or are they both linked?

You my friend, have obviously not read the sticky that has the words "MUST READ" in caps. Let me introduce you to the search feature top right.

Welcome to the Don Juan Highschool discussion forum!
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Indeed. But ensue such a conversation elsewhere and don't ruin this guy's post. PM.
 

PhoeNixFalls

New Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
39
I have been reading these boards for sometime. The search feature, which is unique on a forum, didn't really help me in my search for answers.

From my own analysis, I find myself to be boring because I generally don't have much to say in most situations. A simple comment, smile, or laugh is the basis of most of my conversations with women. Correcting the problem is not as simple as flicking a lightswitch.

I do not have the luxury of simply chilling with friends at random. My mom is fairly strict with me, she is pretty paranoid about everything. To get to where I need to go a car is simply a necessity in Miami (The beach, etc...) and having the money is common sense.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Go out with your mom and build up your relationship with her. It will eventually solve your money AND car problems. But once again, you don't need money. If you do, then stfu and get a job.
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
It gets better, no worries, roughly what time do you tend to come on and do you have an email address
 
Top