"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

I’m the flake

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
When I arrange dates I always get in over my head, I say yes to easily and always flake some girls.

I can’t remember being flaked on, I only seem to get girls pissed off at me for flaking.

Anyone else?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
When I arrange dates I always get in over my head, I say yes to easily and always flake some girls.

I can’t remember being flaked on, I only seem to get girls pissed off at me for flaking.

Anyone else?
Nope...a man is only as good as his word.
 

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
No. I don't flake. I always show up on time too, to the minute, and they either show up late or sometimes flake. Flaking on a girl sounds kinda feminine, it wouldn't work for me.
 

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
899
Reaction score
1,029
Nah
I'm an advocate of giving people a taste of their own medicine.
I'd imagine there are women out there that follow your lead and mirror your actions, so it's best not to put disrespectful thoughts into their heads.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Doctor Europeo

Moderator
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
4,414
Reaction score
4,800
Location
Mexico
If she´s not a sure lay and I have something better to do, yes, I´ll flake for sure.
 
Top