Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Hypergamy" is WAY overblown on this board

Ryan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I may of mentioned this before, but I love how my muslim friend has 100% control of his wife. she obeys him like a dog, one time I went to his house he yelled at her " X serve us some dinner then go upstairs" she didnt even backchat him lol..

but he takes care of her well.

We in the West have a lot to learn.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was initially going to post a reply to the "Do women care about what car you drive??" post but I read so much about "hypergamy" my thoughts warrant a separate post. So as you read, "car" also means expensive material possessions.

This is based on decades of dating experience. And women haven't changed much in 10,000 years or so.

A few things here:

1- Buying an "expensive" car is a BAD investment as are most luxury items. It will drop in value the second you drive it off the lot and continue to drop year after year. Like buying a mutual fund for $50,000 KNOWING it will be worth $25,000 in 3-4 years and continue to lose value, smart huh? Ironically, most people WITH money know this and drive a very moderate vehicle and live moderately too. See #2...

2- Read The Millionaire Next Door or at least the Wiki page for a BIG wake up call: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Millionaire_Next_Door. From the Wiki page: Their findings, that millionaires are disproportionately clustered in middle-class and blue collar neighborhoods and not in more affluent or white-collar communities, came as a surprise to the authors who anticipated the contrary. This still holds true, even more so, today in 2018.

3- Living moderately is the key to happiness in life because you're not so hell bent on keeping up with everyone and everything. Bank your $$, don't spend on things because they make you "look" better. Spend it on experiences; travel, classes, education, etc.

4- ANY woman who judges a man purely by his car is a bad choice for ANY type of relationship; STR, LTR, and certainly marriage. It's actually a good s*hit test for man if he comes across as a moderate earner and has DJ game: if she sticks around----> KEEPER. If your possessions are not good enough for her----> HUGE EJECT.

5) If I read about hypegamy one more time on SS I'm going to throw up. Does it exist? Yes. Do the majority of women abide by it? NO. Quit blaming hypergamy for all your dating failures!! It's like thinking you have pancreatic cancer every time you have a side ache. Most women (80+%) would MUCH RATHER HAVE A MAN THEY **EMOTIONALLY** CONNECT WITH AND RESPECT more so than new granite counter tops or a new tennis bracelet. YOU will get dumped FAR MORE for being a wussy, needy, insecure, lacking confidence, etc., basically a non-DJ, rather than not having enough $$ or not driving a f*ucking Lexus. Enough! The "other" 20% of trash women will never be happy because they will always need MORE S*HIT.

The happiest couples I know live moderately and have a GREAT connection. Read this over and over and over and DEPROGRAM yourself from all the hypergamy bulls*hit.

It depends on your definition of Hypergamy:

If you're defining hypergamy as having more $$, possessions, bigger house ,etc., then you're incorrect in thinking MOST women will dump you for this type of guy, IF you possess DJ game.

If your definition of hypergamy is related more to a man's level confidence and attitude and "way of the DJ," ok, then you are correct. Most women WILL dump you for this "DJ-esque" guy.

Good luck.

~Dash~
Read The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody denies that it exists. It exists the same way that men always want a younger, hotter woman. Mens and womens desires for upgrades are two sides of the same coin.

It just doesn't matter to a high status individual. And status doesn't correlate to anything specific, it is quite subjective. I like Jordab Petersons definition in that she wants a man that can produce and support. This has a lot of value for a woman; protection, security, and satisfaction just to name a few. The more that a man has, looks, money, status, dominance, confidence, social acumen, and other great qualities, the higher he becomes elevated above those who dont.

In this highly feminized society, just being dominant and in control will set you apart from 90% of men. If Rollo really believed in hypergamy that much, he would never have gotten married because he doesn't have much to offer in the grand scheme of things. If I had to guess, it would be dominance, support, and emotional intelligence.