Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Huge protests scheduled in NYC and other major cities - Eric Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you resist arrest, you must not expect the police to be nice and ask you again a second time.

Give this a rest already. White was mean to black = White people are the devil.

Don't break the law. Do your own thing. Mind your own business. We can all get along just fine then.

It is as if every other person is constantly looking out to make things like this a big deal. It's getting old already and this circus of trying to always make the black person the victim is just ridiculous.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The arrest in the first place lacked probable cause. He had no cigarettes to sell when they arrested him. That's what Im reading in several articles now

The411

Banned
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
The411,

When it comes to cops...it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. When you TRY to police the area, they say you are over-policing. When you reduce the cops on the street and the ghetto turns into a ZOO, they say where are the cops?

And those same black women marching against the "Legal System that's setup to destroy the black man" are the FIRST ONES to call that Legal System (9-11, Family Court, whatever) on the black man the moment he doesn't do what she wants him to do.

It's all bullshyt.
I've seen countless prison documentaries and you see these dudes even when they seem like they are "telling the truth" always are saying what they are saying in order to manipulate the system and get over.

This prison and gang mentality gets passed on to others on the outside who learn the tricks and attempts at getting over through family members etc.

The blacks, hispanics AND white prisoners and gang members do it till their cronies learn that same education in getting their own way.

Just like society believe prisoners really give a sh1t about "women abusers and kid abusers". These are the same types who could care less if they rob a woman whatever the age, take a kids fathers life, don't pay for their own kids/women much less care to spend time with them as they continuously get locked up, have multiple other women, get into HIV increased prison "relationships" (where they use each other anyway), jerk off and or spit at female officers, scam dopey women who 'love" prisoners but they play the dopes in the public who think they have some "code of honor" when it comes to women and children.

They play that role to not only have fools put money on their books feeling they are really "misunderstood valiant" men but they also use the "chomo/molester" tag to extort other prisoners who have to write their families for protection money so they don't get killed.

That scam and all the others gets passed on to street thugs along with the gang mentality and experience with police as a way to get over.

All these people who want to sweep the REAL problems in their communities under the rug look the other way and figure let me get the government to give me as much as possible yet want to do nothing for themselves much less their own people or communities.

And God FORBID any black dude with common sense who doesn't buy the BS talk against it. They are accused of trying to be "white", uncle toms, cooning etc. It's like crabs in a bucket.

Same way rappers etc. GTFO of the hood as soon as they become famous yet are trashed if they don't spoon feed the rest left behind as if they were their daddies.

I know it's all BS.

Funny how Obama, Holder, Emmanuel etc. are from Chicago yet more concered with these "mass white cops killing the innocent" yet their own city has the worst murder rate in the US.

Oh and Farrakhan himself is on video telling his followers if they don't get what they want in Ferguson they are going to "burn this country down." Old Louie will use the dopes and profit plus get the "cred" for what the lost sheep do. Same with Sharpton.

The US is becoming held hostage to criminals and liberals who funny enough tell these same black people that they are helpless to the oppressors as if every black in their eyes cannot do anything without a liberals help.

The intelligent blacks know damn well Liberals are full of sht and are the actual racists. It's a dirty partnership between liberal racists and thugs. Both groups want to get away with everything while getting handouts from daddy government while liberals pat themselves on their backs while telling blacks they NEED them to keep themselves 'relevant'.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
after seeing the comments in this thread, I can truly see that most of you guys who justify this guy death are some evil heartless bas*ards, I won't entertain this thread or any other.

If you can watch that video, and truly think the police did nothing wrong then your day will come when someone you love or something you hold dear will fall in some similar fate, and you will want help or compassions from others and no one will be there to answer your call.

To all the real black men on this site, and jaylan. Just stop responding these guys, it's not worth it.

The411

Banned
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
after seeing the comments in this thread, I can truly see that most of you guys who justify this guy death are some evil heartless bas*ards, I won't entertain this thread or any other.

If you can watch that video, and truly think the police did nothing wrong then your day will come when someone you love or something you hold dear will fall in some similar fate, and you will want help or compassions from others and no one will be there to answer your call.

To all the real black men on this site, and jaylan. Just stop responding these guys, it's not worth it.
The original video the cop had him in a choke for SIXTEEN SECONDS. From 38-53. And this dude was still resisting instead of just putting his hands behind his back from the beginning yet saying "don't touch me" from the moment they tried to restrain him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvATEjsf41g

Waaaaay less than it takes to restrain prisoners fighting guards in prison.

AND Eric Garner had an extensive police record yet instead of just complying decided to resist. Did Eric NOT know to simply just stop fighting after many times of dealing with police before?

Who knows. Maybe they'll be a silver lining out of all this and the police won't bother showing up anywhere till they have to clean up each mess and then the community can breath a sigh of relief letting the gangs, convicts, and criminals of all races go free to police each other and show the world how they solve things "peacefully".

To be honest the Eric Garner situation if it was only cigarettes they should've just told him to move on. Nothing else is known about the case. It's a tough situation as cops don't know if he's going to go off as he may've been making an excuse but they should've gotten off him. They jumped him too quick IMO. Yet these witness videos never show the before situation. I could start filming as soon as a conflict starts and make a narrative off it or put it online as "evidence" yet no one would know what really caused it to begin with other than witnesses there who may or may not tell the truth.

Yet the caring community seemed more concernd with filiming the cops then calling an ambulance themselves.

***And at 33 seconds in the original video was EDITED just before they went to arrest him. Just before in the background there was no bus. The video was then edited and you see the end of a bus pass by down the block and not the entire bus passing the block.

The video was edited for a reason. And if it was there's a missing portion of what happened DURING the confrontation just before they went to restrain him. That may play a part in the reason the cop wasn't indited.

Yet let's just run off of emotion when no one knows the facts yet bases them off an EDITED "original" video from an instigator filming the incident.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The411 said:
That's amazing how police are simply supposed to know a persons medical history by looking at them.
I was an EMT for many years and I worked closely with paramedics who were involved in training law enforcement. In Philadelphia, at least, most police officers are well aware of the potential injuries that can happen from handcuffing obese suspects and what is known as "positional asphyxia" where obese suspects are at risk from their body being in certain positions like, say, prone while underneath four adult men.

Philadelphia has done an admirable job cutting down on things like shootings and brutality in the past couple years because of training like i mentioned above.

Again, i don't even like most Black people I know but I can recognize brutality when I see it regardless of who it's happening to and who is doing it. I would think it would be obvious enough to everyone.

The411

Banned
Reaction score
FairShake said:
I was an EMT for many years and I worked closely with paramedics who were involved in training law enforcement. In Philadelphia, at least, most police officers are well aware of the potential injuries that can happen from handcuffing obese suspects and what is known as "positional asphyxia" where obese suspects are at risk from their body being in certain positions like, say, prone while underneath four adult men.

Philadelphia has done an admirable job cutting down on things like shootings and brutality in the past couple years because of training like i mentioned above.

Again, i don't even like most Black people I know but I can recognize brutality when I see it regardless of who it's happening to and who is doing it. I would think it would be obvious enough to everyone.
The original video was edited.

We have no idea why they jumped him. Though I guess we're to believe Eric whom had a long rap sheet and prior experience with police had ZERO clue to not resist arrest.

What should they have done? Guards in prison go into cells with several men in riot gear with difficult prisoners and hold them down. And A LOT of them will say they can't breath either yet KNOW they are resisting orders in the FIRST place.

So now everyone will say they can't breathe. Can't shoot suspects who charge and attack you, can't pepper spray them because they may be allergic or it could cause respiratory issues, can't try to restrain or put them down as it could always cause someone to have medical issues, can't tase them as it could cause medical issues, can't have too many cops as it's a "gang jumping" a man even if huge and that could cause medical issues.

Should they hand them flowers? Ask them nicely? Only use two cops at most? Let them kill each other then show up last minute to clean up the mess?

The dude could have simply and calmly let them take him in. Who knows if the guy had warrants. Who knows what happened before the original video was edited which was either put up or obtained from the same dude trying to agitate the cops.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can see both sides of this thing.

However, for some reason, I still like focusing on the facts, as which the grand jurry obviously did.

Interesting article:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/eric-garner-chokehold-grand-jury-police/2014/12/04/id/611058/

1. There is no doubt that Garner was resisting an arrest for illegally selling untaxed cigarettes. Former New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik put it succinctly: "You cannot resist arrest. If Eric Garner did not resist arrest, the outcome of this case would have been very different," he told Newsmax. "He wouldn't be dead today.

"Regardless of what the arrest was for, the officers don't have the ability to say, 'Well, this is a minor arrest, so we're just going to ignore you.'"

2. The video of the July 17 incident clearly shows Garner, an African-American, swatting away the arms of a white officer seeking to take him into custody, telling him: "Don't touch me!"

3. Garner, 43, had history of more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980, on charges including assault and grand larceny.

4. At the time of his death, Garner was out on bail after being charged with illegally selling cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession and false impersonation.

5. The chokehold that Patrolman Daniel Pantaleo put on Garner was reported to have contributed to his death. But Garner, who was 6-foot-3 and weighed 350 pounds, suffered from a number of health problems, including heart disease, severe asthma, diabetes, obesity, and sleep apnea. Pantaleo's attorney and police union officials argued that Garner's poor health was the main cause of his death.

6. Garner did not die at the scene of the confrontation. He suffered cardiac arrest in the ambulance taking him to the hospital and was pronounced dead about an hour later.

7. Much has been made of the fact that the use of chokeholds by police is prohibited in New York City. But officers reportedly still use them. Between 2009 and mid-2014, the Civilian Complaint Review Board received 1,128 chokehold allegations.

Patrick Lynch, president of the New York City Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, said: "It was clear that the officer's intention was to do nothing more than take Mr. Garner into custody as instructed, and that he used the takedown technique that he learned in the academy when Mr. Garner refused."

8. The grand jury began hearing the case on Sept. 29 and did not reach a decision until Wednesday, so there is much testimony that was presented that has not been made public.

9. The 23-member grand jury included nine non-white jurors.

10. In order to find Officer Pantaleo criminally negligent, the grand jury would have had to determine that he knew there was a "substantial risk" that Garner would have died due to the takedown.

11. Less than a month after Garner's death, Ramsey Orta, who shot the much-viewed videotape of the encounter, was indicted on weapons charges. Police alleged that Orta had slipped a .25-caliber handgun into a teenage accomplice's waistband outside a New York hotel.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't get why people look passed all of the Laws that have been punched into today's rule-book since who knows when but instead they blame irrelevant details like "Race" and "Brutality" even when the suspect is CLEARLY doing something that places him into a Felon category therefore giving any para-military force the ability to use whatever force they deem necessary- they are exercising the laws that have been placed for THOSE paramilitary men AND the citizens. But instead people blame random "facts" like : "They're profiling and racists and my white race is trash and has nothing to do with rate crime statistics among individuals and poverty levels that result in certain atmosphere being created like ghettos and suburbs but instead it's the racists police fault." There's always a bad apple in the bunch, but it's rare that that bad apple is even revealed. This scenario, and the Mike Brown one, are instances of an apple that is worm-less but instead a PUBLIC that is COMPLETELY UNAWARE of our country's LAWS and REGULATIONS.

That video was edited just before the take down therefore you can barely count it as evidence... But nonetheless the suspect was resisting arrest. You are responsible for your actions and no one else. It's sad that he died later on, no one should die, but at the end of the day if he didn't do "x" then do "x" that lead into "x" then "x" would not have happened.

America has a lot of freedom as is but the second you break a law you will pay the consequences. That is how this nation works. Go pick up your local and or Federal Law book and study up before you start calling shenanigans. It's like how PlayHer_Man got banned here, he was banned for swearing and calling out other members in a "hurtful way"- which is against the rules. Don't blame the Moderators for doing their job.

P.S: I blocked Jaylan a long time ago, no idea what he said in these posts except people quoting him and I'm not gonna bother unblocking him.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Explain Something to Ole Rex

Frayzer said:
I really don't get why people look passed all of the Laws that have been punched into today's rule-book since who knows when but instead they blame irrelevant details like "Race" and "Brutality" even when the suspect is CLEARLY doing something that places him into a Felon category therefore giving any para-military force the ability to use whatever force they deem necessary- they are exercising the laws that have been placed for THOSE paramilitary men AND the citizens. But instead people blame random "facts" like : "They're profiling and racists and my white race is trash and has nothing to do with rate crime statistics among individuals and poverty levels that result in certain atmosphere being created like ghettos and suburbs but instead it's the racists police fault." There's always a bad apple in the bunch, but it's rare that that bad apple is even revealed. This scenario, and the Mike Brown one, are instances of an apple that is worm-less but instead a PUBLIC that is COMPLETELY UNAWARE of our country's LAWS and REGULATIONS.

That video was edited just before the take down therefore you can barely count it as evidence... But nonetheless the suspect was resisting arrest. You are responsible for your actions and no one else. It's sad that he died later on, no one should die, but at the end of the day if he didn't do "x" then do "x" that lead into "x" then "x" would not have happened.

America has a lot of freedom as is but the second you break a law you will pay the consequences. That is how this nation works. Go pick up your local and or Federal Law book and study up before you start calling shenanigans. It's like how PlayHer_Man got banned here, he was banned for swearing and calling out other members in a "hurtful way"- which is against the rules. Don't blame the Moderators for doing their job.

P.S: I blocked Jaylan a long time ago, no idea what he said in these posts except people quoting him and I wouldn't bother since half his posts are made up of wet card board castles.

There are five or six cops on the scene. It would seem to John Q. Public that the police and the public were safe and the scene was contained. The moment dude said, "I can't breathe." Why didn't they fall back? It seems to the causal observer it seems that some of cops could have formed a semi-circle around dude (with guns drawn,) well two apprehended dude. Again to the causal observer, it seems that the police felt some kinda of way because Garner had nerve enough to question their authority.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
after seeing the comments in this thread, I can truly see that most of you guys who justify this guy death are some evil heartless bas*ards, I won't entertain this thread or any other......To all the real black men on this site, and jaylan. Just stop responding these guys, it's not worth it.
Your statement right there contributes to a lot of the problems with the black community. Because ANYTIME other black people speak out on ghetto culture and outlandish actions of black people that contribute to their "getting fvcked up," you always want to try and PUSH us out of the race to some extent by saying we aren't really black, or coons, or Uncle Toms, or whatever.

It's why honestly, once I got out of poverty and moved to the Suburbs, I didn't give a rat's a.ss about the pseudo black community.

It's not even a community anyway, if it was then you wouldn't have blacks killing other blacks at the rate that they do it. And I don't want to hear the bullshyt excuses of "white people do it to other white people too," because it's no where NEAR the same quantity.

The black community is fvcked due to a lack of Group Economics, period. Black people need to start pulling their resources together and opening up their own businesses and industries, manufacturing their own products and SELLING them to the world. Hire your OWN people but "diversify" like other companies have to do by bringing in a minority of other races but maintaining your race as the dominant race within the company. Then, you need to have a political base. STOP voting Democrat just because they are a fvcking Democrat, and start making politicians WORK for your vote.

By the way, while we are on the political side, the only damn "black issues" I keep seeing politicians talk about are in relation to drugs, police and voter ID.

- Well let me tell you something, I HAVE a damn ID and have since I was in the 1st grade! You have to be a damn idiot to walk around as an able-bodied person and not be able to identify yourself.

- I don't smoke drugs, do drugs, sell drugs, hang around people selling drugs, and I could really give a rat's a.ss about making drugs legal.

- I don't fight the police, I don't run into issues with the police and when the police stop me I'm VERY nice and professional, so nice and professional that I get out of tickets MOST of the time.

It's offensive as FVCK to me as a Black Man that my "issues" are supposedly childish and stupid shyt. My issues SHOULD be the same as other middle class whites, that is of:

- Reducing the cost of education
- Better trade policy
- Fixing the Federal Reserve
- Bringing down the COST of everything
- Bringing in better paying jobs

No...but my "issues" as a black man are only about the fact that they make me carry an ID and that a Judge gives me longer sentences for selling crack than a white guy. How about this doofus? If the Racist Judge is giving out longer sentences to blacks for selling crack than whites....THEN STOP SELLING CRACK!!

Seriously, I don't give a fvck about the black community anymore. It's not a community, it's a cesspool of failure, of welfare, of single mothers, of thugs, of deadbeats, of ex-convicts, and of BULLSHYT. :down:

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:

Lol. I think its awsome how you said black men and jaylan. :whistle: :crackup: :crackup: :moon:

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Peaks&Valleys said:
3. Garner, 43, had history of more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980, on charges including assault and grand larceny.

4. At the time of his death, Garner was out on bail after being charged with illegally selling cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession and false impersonation.
Another upstanding member of society killed by "racist" cops. My eyes are welling up with tears as I write this...On a side note, I find it interesting that racist cops are racist only against one particular race. You never hear of racist cops killing asians, indians, hispanics or even muslims. They are only killing blacks. There must be some clever system in place that allows police departments across the country to hire racist cops only hate blacks but not the other races and ethnicities.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
The black community is fvcked due to a lack of Group Economics, period.
The real enemy of the "black community" is the welfare state. It gives the dregs of society an opportunity to survive and reproduce that they would otherwise never have. Imagine if there was no welfare/food stamps. All the welfare moms and their multiple kids from multiple incarcerated thugs would starve to death. And speaking of incarcerated thugs, it costs over $30,000, on average, to keep a prisoner in jail for a year. In some places, the cost is actually a lot higher. NYC spend $168,000 per prisoner (true story). Why not put them on an island in the Pacific, give them some basic clothing and seeds to grow crops. Australia started out as a penal colony and has done pretty for itself.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a Chicago cop choke me with my own collar once, and I kept resisting until I was right on the verge of unconsciousness. That was at a grappling tournament. He's actually a really nice guy.

I spent years learning how to choke people, which involves a lot of getting choked yourself as you learn. That cop had obviously never taken jiu-jitsu, as that was one sh!tty attempt at a rear naked choke. It wasn't even close to being the right way to do it.

MMA fighters choke each other into unconsciousness all the time. The guy will lay there for 30-60 seconds and sometimes twitch a little. When it happens at an event, we'd have the cornermen, ref, promoter, or whoever was there kneel around the unconscious guy so that the crowd couldn't see him twitch. Then he'd wake up and ask "what happened?" I never saw any permanent injury from getting choked out. As someone said earlier, a choke has to be applied for several minutes post-consciousness to kill someone, and that's only if they know what they are doing in the first place.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maximus Rex said:
There are five or six cops on the scene. It would seem to John Q. Public that the police and the public were safe and the scene was contained.
Well the video started out with 2 cops and then it cut out just before he was taken down. They could have cut out 10, 30, maybe even an hour worth of footage. That video just captures the take down and that's it- which is hardly enough evidence for an actual case. All the footage did was justify his resistance to arrest, which would go against him.

Maximus Rex said:
The moment dude said, "I can't breathe." Why didn't they fall back?
Because he was resisting arrest prior to be choked out which was why he was being choked out to begin with. And it's not like the cop strangled him for 5 minutes straight..

Maximus Rex said:
It seems to the causal observer it seems that some of cops could have formed a semi-circle around dude (with guns drawn,) well two apprehended dude. Again to the causal observer, it seems that the police felt some kinda of way because Garner had nerve enough to question their authority.[/b]
I'm pretty sure having 6 cops point their guns at one person would cause more of an uproar especially since they're in a public non-closed off place and could potential harm others, that would be highly unnecessary in my opinion. And if he were to have done another stupid thing I'm pretty sure at least 4 of the cops would have shot at him and this whole situation would be relabeled "Racists cop Slaughter innocent man" or some sort.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
Another upstanding member of society killed by "racist" cops. My eyes are welling up with tears as I write this...On a side note, I find it interesting that racist cops are racist only against one particular race. You never hear of racist cops killing asians, indians, hispanics or even muslims. They are only killing blacks. There must be some clever system in place that allows police departments across the country to hire racist cops only hate blacks but not the other races and ethnicities.
Adrian Schoolcraft. Educate yourself folks.

He's why good officers never speak up about racial profiling, false arrests, and false reports. He was being a good cop and got committed to a mental institution against his will, because he dared to tell internal investigators about the wrong doings of his precinct. His convo was supposed to be confidential...but that's not the case when good officers try to help clean up the ranks.

That story broke only a couple years ago. You think crap like that doesn't happen anymore? Whistleblowers willing to tell the truth about corruption and discrimination within the NYPD get harassed, bullied and even have murder attempts against them (Serpico wasn't just a movie you know)

DJ Logic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone turning this into a race issue is a f*ckin moron. I used to work for NYPD and can confidently say that the cops d*cks to everyone. The issue is not race, but the terrible training these officers receive - if you want to point a finger, blame commissioner Ray Kelly - that guy singlehandedly ruined the department - we used to be taught that you should form alliances with smaller criminals to catch the big fish, but now they treat guys selling weed with the same severity they treat killers and rapists. And it has blown up in our faces. I resigned 2 years ago because I was sick and tired of their quotas (something illegal they never admit to but is a part of everyday policing) and the pay sucks! I make more money with less hassles doing little security gigs. NYPD is the worst job I ever held down.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
It is a Racial Issue

DJ Logic said:
Everyone turning this into a race issue is a f*ckin moron. I used to work for NYPD and can confidently say that the cops d*cks to everyone.
However, they go a little bit harder on us. When was the last time the cops brutalized a white person that wasn't a Latino?

DJ Logic said:
The issue is not race, but the terrible training these officers receive
I thought the NYPD training was the best in the world.

DJ Logic said:
we used to be taught that you should form alliances with smaller criminals to catch the big fish
The police shouldn't f*ck with snitches. Do better police work.

DJ Logic said:
I was sick and tired of their quotas (something illegal they never admit to but is a part of everyday policing)
They're not quotas, they're production numbers.

DJ Logic said:
I make more money with less hassles doing little security gigs. NYPD is the worst job I ever held down.
Did you transfer to Metro North or the PBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.