Need-2-B-Pimpin
Senior Don Juan
- Joined
- Aug 16, 2003
- Messages
- 359
- Reaction score
- 0
My situation: I've been going here some time, mainly lurking, sometimes replying when I felt like it. I've been trying to make a transition into the popular, fun-loving crowd from the dungeons and dragons nerd group that I'm stuck with in all 7 of my classes. I've grown a lot more outgoing, more willing to do risky stuff, harder-working, etc, and some of my teachers have recognized that I'm the only "dualie" (In both International Baccalaureate and Math Science Engineering magnets-these guys are the d&d nerds I'm stuck with.) to move over and try to socialize with the scantly spread members of other groups. The d&d guys are getting pissy now since I've changed a lot, accusing me of selling out etc (basically, wearing abercrombie etc is selling out.)...how do I deal with these guys? I definitely can't escape them this year and probably next year, since our schedules are all the same except maybe one or two classes at most. Ignoring goes only so far when I'm surrounded by them, and talking back to them just produces more *****ing. A few of the non-dualies have stuck up for me but much as I appreciate that, it makes me feel a bit helpless since I seem to lack the ability to fend for myself. I'd gladly just ditch these *******s if I had the chance, but unfortunately the only way to do that would be sacrificing education. Any crucial element of DJing I'm missing out on, or any advice from you guys?