hows this for a workout?

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
over the christmas break i gained like 20 pounds of booze fat. my face is rounder and my belly is unsexy even though my woman says differently. anyways here's what i have been doing for the first week.

cardio- stairmaster hardcore for a half hour in the morning.
cardio- stairmaster hardercore for a half hour at night.
results for 7 straight days.....0 pounds lost. totally unawesome.

i was thinking of uping my cardio to 1 hour on the stairmaster in the morning and 1 hour in the evening. i hope that works.

so how does my new schedule look. i weigh 190 again dammit. and i'm 5'11.
i am the rollercoaster when it comes to losing and gaining weight.

through my younger years in my early 20's cardio has blasted me back into shape. now that i'm 29 it's becoming more harder to lose weight even though i'm killing myself at the gym. is cardio losing it's effect

also i go to the gym everyday because i like the chemical rush it gives you and it puts me in great mood....till i step on the scales of doom . i heard going to the gym everyday is counter productive though. is that wrong

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are what you eat. what is your diet like
This is the main factor
yes only need to go to the gym about 3 times a wk

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you eat is the key to losing weight,what's you diet like?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i eat alot of steaks, chicken, rice, fruits all the good stuff. and i only eat when my stomach is hungry. plus i drink tons of coffee with just cream. also i drink about 4 liters of water a day. anybody have any workout plans or guides i just downloaded this and i have no clue what he's saying? Tom Venuto - Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think my body produces instant creatine because i have no trouble turning myself into the hulk but the look i'm trying to achieve is my old style. the surfer boy body. skinny i guess. i just like the fact that when your skinny you can eat rotten for a bit without paying the price. i got muscley before and it was to much maintenance to stay ripped and big. if you stop working out it just turns to fat.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you have problems with food. Stop eating for taste and eat for the nutritional value. change coffee with green tea. Don't eat anything white.

research

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
insanity said:
i got muscley before and it was to much maintenance to stay ripped and big. if you stop working out it just turns to fat.
not if you train for strength instead of size. big 3 compound lifts (squats, deads, some form of bench) for 2x5 after proper warmups. i rarely lose any strength, even with several weeks off. you're going to have to accept that by your late 20s, working out needs to be part of your lifestyle. you've already said you get a gym high -- why not grab that high several times a week?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but eating as if you have lots of muscle and doing nothing to preserve/build muscle can lead to the illusion, which is probably (i hope) what he meant.