"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

hows my status?... advice

buckwheat18

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
New York
(this may be kinda long)

Hey all, how are you? Um, I got a few things I wanna discuss, ask and I need some advice or tips if you can offer. Every other day I got a study hall with this HB 7, she is kinda like a skater dame I guess. She sits at a table with me and a bunch of other kids i kinda know. I don't usually start conversations up with her, sometimes she will use kino on me and I offer it back. She only offers little conversation when I talk to the other guys. She is shy aswell so I guess that explains it. Well one day I firgure I would try the cold approach so, I didn't end up sitting at the tabel with her instead I sat at another tabel with my other fellow DJ (heh witch i'm teaching.) Anyways turns out it works very effective the next day I have class with her and she's like: How come you left me at the tabel all by myself with so and so? (she had a smile on her face) I reply: I had to talk to one of my friends about sumthing. She said nothing and went about her business. So my question is basically should I move to that one tabel with my fellow DJ and leave her in mystery? I kinda think maybe she will chase after me? advice, tips, comments would be all very cool thanx for reading,
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2002
Messages
481
Reaction score
0
Age
39
I have a better idea. How about you just chat with her in class, and ask for her number? All this table stuff isn't going to get you far. Just get the digits - Ask her out. Also read the bible if you havn't, it gets into this much deeper.
 

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
I agree with the above post, playing games will only get you so far. It seems like this girl could be attracted, so you might as well make your move.
 

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Good, you're doin' the chick thang...but try to expand Djing into all aspects of your life. I learn something new about Djing almost every week, and this week I've learned that most of the best rewards come from the other aspects. Despite possible first impressions, this isn't some cheap wannabe-pimp speed seduction site, its a way of life and philosophy. Hard work and discipline are the roads to success and happiness, and at that point chicks are secondary and more plentiful. Read some of Pook's be a man stuff and Sammo's self-improvement stuff and you'll see what I mean.
 

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
763
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
she will use kino on me and I offer it back.
Right there's a sign that should be telling you to turn it up a dial..
Your just responding to what SHES doing... Next time you see her kino her first...
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Why are you trying to create more mystery when she is already interested in you??? Do you like all the drama? Now that the attraction is there, you must let her know that you are interested in her and pop the question!!! The ball is in your court - do something while she is still interested, or b 4 somebody else takes her!
 
Top