Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How would you reply to this?

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl broke up with you a year ago to go back to her exbf. Texts you out of the blue and said she's doing well blah blah, and asks how are you doing?

What would your response be?

1. ignore
2. Say you are doing great!
3. Tell her to fuk off

\\mattyice//

Don Juan
Reaction score
mikey2012 said:
Girl broke up with you a year ago to go back to her exbf. Texts you out of the blue and said she's doing well blah blah, and asks how are you doing?

What would your response be?

1. ignore
2. Say you are doing great!
3. Tell her to fuk off
1. Ignore. unless you have a good reason to respond? Telling her to fukoff is a waste of time and shows immaturity.

archon8692

Don Juan
Reaction score
The ex-bf component makes it tricky...as if they go back once...they'll generally keep going back.

Probably just ignore and see what happens.

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
archon8692 said:
The ex-bf component makes it tricky...as if they go back once...they'll generally keep going back.

Probably just ignore and see what happens.

Yeah if she so happy why even bother texting me first. I didn't initiate....tbh i forgot about her already... After the break up she text me a few times and I just replied in a courteous manner. I haven't heard from her for a few months and I never initiate the texts.

Maybe she being a cvnt because i didn't beg for her back when I got ditched so she wants rub it in, That's the feeling I get..

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
\\mattyice// said:
1. Ignore. unless you have a good reason to respond? Telling her to fukoff is a waste of time and shows immaturity.

Wouldn't ignoring her come across as being butthurt? as opposed to telling her you're doing great..

Zapp Brannigan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Classic attention wh0re tactic. She wants to suck you back in, and likely had a falling out with the boyfriend. If you give in she'll use you, and then drop you the second she finds someone else. Ignore.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignoring may come off as butthurt, but who really cares what she thinks. If you're not interested in dealing with her anymore, then ignore her forever.

So she goes back to the ex. Inevitably it goes south, as it usually does when exes get back together, and now she reaches out to see if you're still available? That's what it sounds like, why would she be reaching out after a year if things are going so well with him? If her IL was high for this guy you wouldn't even be a blip on her radar. If you do speak to her, I'd just say something alone the lines of "I'm doing great, thanks". If she keeps contacting you let her chase a bit. Seems like you already know what her game is, so you need to decide if you're going to play along. I remember a corey wayne vid on this...I'll see if I can find it. But in it he says the better it's going with the current BF the less you're going to hear from her. The worse it's going the more you're going to hear from her.

Edit: Found it...http://www.understandingrelationships.com/being-her-rebound-relationship/7061

Last edited:

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By 1. ignoring her you are basically saying 2.you're doing great and 3. she should fuvck off.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to see her again, just call her up and say "Hey, great to hear from you, let's catch up, when are you free for dinner next week?" And invite her to your place.

DO NOT ask her out... if she want to see you she has to come to you. If she won't come to you fvcking ignore her.

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GS750 said:
Ignoring may come off as butthurt, but who really cares what she thinks. If you're not interested in dealing with her anymore, then ignore her forever.

So she goes back to the ex. Inevitably it goes south, as it usually does when exes get back together, and now she reaches out to see if you're still available? That's what it sounds like, why would she be reaching out after a year if things are going so well with him? If her IL was high for this guy you wouldn't even be a blip on her radar. If you do speak to her, I'd just say something alone the lines of "I'm doing great, thanks". If she keeps contacting you let her chase a bit. Seems like you already know what her game is, so you need to decide if you're going to play along. I remember a corey wayne vid on this...I'll see if I can find it. But in it he says the better it's going with the current BF the less you're going to hear from her. The worse it's going the more you're going to hear from her.
I agree . If she is truly happy and doing great I wouldn't hear a peep from her. Unless she's trying to rub it in my face ... Look I'm doing really well . Hope you are still pining for me etc....But if I say I'm doing great she would think damn why isn't he sad that I broke with him yada yada. He should be .

If you can find that vid that's great.

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RangerMIke said:
If you want to see her again, just call her up and say "Hey, great to hear from you, let's catch up, when are you free for dinner next week?" And invite her to your place.

DO NOT ask her out... if she want to see you she has to come to you. If she won't come to you fvcking ignore her.
Sure if I want to but I don't . And if I did it could be trap . Once I say lets meet up she would have her satisfactions and tell me to fuk off. It's kind of bittersweet for me coz i forget about her already but hearing from her opens up old wounds. I know I should probably block her but I'm beyond that. She's text me on and off before and I just reply courteously. I'm just hoping I never hear from her again .. I've moved on but it just seems to me she's trying to rub it in and she secretly hopes I'm still not over her coz she dumped me back for her ex.

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King. How would you respond?

Or maybe reverse psychology. Tell her what she wants to hear . That I'm unhappy and I'm still not over her. Maybe then she will leave me alone.

WorkHardPlayHard

Don Juan
Reaction score
mikey2012 said:
Wouldn't ignoring her come across as being butthurt? as opposed to telling her you're doing great..
This. Let her know you're doing well, but keep it brief. See if she tries to keep pushing, then keep pulling for fun. The big caveat is you can't catch feelings, or she's getting what she probably wants: attention. Just have fun with it and see if you can **** up her current relationship.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore. You'd be a fool to reply.

HeadLightsOn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with not coming across as butt hurt. I think that's one of the main reasons you DO reply. But as others have said, do it in a positive frame and be brief.

I have exactly the same situation at present. Ex in LTR living together with bf, I ignored her last contact about 2 months ago, got another txt yesterday from her.

She shouldn't be contacting me period. But there you go - she still requires validation and I know that's why she's contacting me. If she was in a recent split up I may try and bang her again, although I'd get hammered on this forum for being beta if I did that.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suspens said:
By 1. ignoring her you are basically saying 2.you're doing great and 3. she should fuvck off.
Bingo. This is why ignoring is probably best here. Doesn't come across butt hurt because it's just one message. Could be a million reasons why you didn't respond, her hampster will explode.

If she keeps messaging I personally would respond with, "Who is this?"

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suspens said:
This. Though op clearly isn't over this girl and is hoping she comes begging.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HeadLightsOn said:
I agree with not coming across as butt hurt. I think that's one of the main reasons you DO reply. But as others have said, do it in a positive frame and be brief.

I have exactly the same situation at present. Ex in LTR living together with bf, I ignored her last contact about 2 months ago, got another txt yesterday from her.

She shouldn't be contacting me period. But there you go - she still requires validation and I know that's why she's contacting me. If she was in a recent split up I may try and bang her again, although I'd get hammered on this forum for being beta if I did that.
This is one of those things that I think is a slippery slope for guys, myself included. You end things with a girl, you both move on, but she keeps texting here and there to try and stay in touch. If you ignore, you may look butthurt. If you reply, she gets attention/validation. Then the texts may possibly increase. Even if you ignore, they just wait a few weeks and try again. It's like even though they are with someone they still want to keep their options open...just in case. B*tches are selfish.

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ignore this could be INTERPRETED one of two ways. Indifference or butthurt. As they can never know they will vacillate between the two thus causing intrigue as to which it is.

If you reply you give the girl the opportunity to read the subtext which will always be - 'he cared enough to reply'.

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All good advice . Thx . You're right her texting me here and there she's trying to get validation and attention . When she ditched me I walked away clean. No begging drama.
I can't say who is this or ignore her because she has texted me before and I have responded . And if I ignore her she might get satisfaction coz I will come across as butthurt.
Like I said I moved on but hearing from her brings back memories . I have no intention to get back with her but it still kind of stings when she says she's happy and doing well. The cvnt probably knows that and is doing it to rub it in

I don't know maybe I should respond by saying I'm doing great and then block the bytch.