Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How would a DJ deal with this?

Red_Hat

Reaction score
New to this forum, I'm asking a bit of guidance. Basically my fiancé (to wed in a couple of months) went out with her friend to a club last night. She kept communicating with me up until a certain point when everything went silent.

I didn't want to come across as needy or insecure so didn't call or texted. But it kinda got very late, concerned more than anything else and I called. She missed the call but called back straight after. I noticed she was totally drunk, didn't make much sense and I couldn't continue the conversation. The only thing I could make out from what she was saying was that she would spend the night at her friends. I told her friend to text or call me back when they got home.

Early in the morning I got a text with pics of my fiancé totally passed out on the floor at her friends apartment. She has one or two issues with alcohol in the past and promised never to get that drunk like that again. She broke that promise. How would I treat this situation? Thanks guys.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. If your girlfriend goes out for girls night out, please don't keep texting and calling her.
That just screams insecurity. Everyone needs space, and that's annoying.
She's a big girl if something is wrong she or someone with her will contact you, and if she is going to sleep with someone she can text and suck a penis at the same time, so it's pointless to keep hitting her up.. so yeah

2. She got drunk, it's not really a big deal. She had a drinking problem, I understand but give her the benefit of the doubt. Don't even mention it. It was one slip.

Now if this happens again next weekend or becomes a regular basis thing then you take marriage off the table

(By the way if you are still passing out on floors, you may not be quite ready for marriage anyway) ..

Anyhow, with a recovering alcoholic id make it a loooooooooooong engagement. Never say why, but just watch a bit to see if she really is in control of her drinking problem.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't want to come across as needy or insecure so didn't call or texted. But it kinda got very late, concerned more than anything else and I called. She missed the call but called back straight after.
These are the times when I'd judge the woman's value, interest, and respect. Let her do as she does, and see how she handles it on her own. If she doesn't come back until 3:00pm the next day, then you break off the engagement due to a lack of respect on her part.

When you're marrying a woman, you should be marrying quality. Since the overall quality of North American women is so low and divorce court is very much stacked against men, I would suggest not marrying at all.

She has one or two issues with alcohol in the past and promised never to get that drunk like that again. She broke that promise.
A woman's value isn't dependent on her promises toward you. This is because you can never take a woman's words to heart. Her value is dependent on how she handles her own fvck ups, or better yet, how she avoids fvcking up. By intervening when she's fvcking up, you cannot truly judge her as a valuable investment for a long term partner.

YOU NEED TO BE PICKY when choosing a woman for the long haul. Don't settle for trash. Unfortunately, you intervened and cannot extensively evaluate this situation to see if she's truly valuable as a long term investment. However, given the fact that she got intoxicated without planning to do so and did not inform you of her plans to spend the night at her friend's house BEFORE going out drinking, I would deem her to be irresponsible and disrespectful. This is only a sign of things to come. It's likely that over time, she will become more irresponsible and disrespectful. If I were you, I'd hold off on the marriage for at LEAST another year or two to evaluate her as a long term partner.

Red_Hat

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I appreciate the response. Taking the wedding off the table isn't going to work unfortunately without causing so much pain to family and friends. Venue booked, invitation sent out and all are informed.
I'm open to see things in perspective from all angles.

When I spoke to her I felt she knew she fvcked up and she kept on saying 'I love you so much'
The last time she got this drunk we ended up having a massive argument out of the blue and admitted she was in the wrong and apologised. She also promised never to get drunk this much. That was around xmas time. I now know her promise means nothing.

She doesn't go out much and I wouldn't call her an alcoholic but drinking seem to get the worst out of her.

I take the point of Cola made, just to let this go and never even mention it. But on the other hand I'm concerned that she may take this as an ok thing to do and be irresponsible again. I'm confused. I'm a pretty cool guy. I don't consider myself insecure or needy. I let her have her time with friends even though she doesn't go out as much as she used to.

She wasn't even dressed up proper last night. It was just a random night out after helping her friend move an apartment. Sounds like a spontaneous plan. I just hope I am not misjudging this.

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Red_Hat, I understand what you say and your concerns over postponing the marriage. But if this happens again I would listen very close to Desdinova. So I would say this to a friend: chill this one out, keep your eyes open if this happens again. Also reading Rollo Tomassi's blog NEVER hurts, just in case you forget your value as a man.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha, the roles are usually reversed in this scenario.

Why did she need to go to a club if she's your fiance????

Clubs are meant for one thing only...besides drinking that is flirting with the opposite sex.

If I ever propose again it sure as hell will NOT be to a girl going girls night out clubbing.

I would seriously reconsider the nature of your relationship.

Most guys on here have never been married.... Trust me, you don't want to marry someone who has a drinking problem and who is a reformed partty girl and who still enjoys girls night outs.

Marriage quality women never really enjoyed clubbing in the first place.

Once again.... TRUST me....you have to be extremely picky about marriage.

I would sit down and tell her if you are going down this road it ain't acceptable.... If she hesitates, say with a completely straight face, if it's too much then there's the door.

If she does balk then you just saved yourself a massive disaster down the road. If not then at least you got boundaries.

Only a chump would marry a woman who still enjoys clubbing as "girls nights out."

She would be publicly stoned in parts of the middle east for that little stunt.

There's an old saying.....you can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
New to this forum, I'm asking a bit of guidance. Basically my fiancé (to wed in a couple of months) went out with her friend to a club last night. She kept communicating with me up until a certain point when everything went silent.

I didn't want to come across as needy or insecure so didn't call or texted. But it kinda got very late, concerned more than anything else and I called. She missed the call but called back straight after. I noticed she was totally drunk, didn't make much sense and I couldn't continue the conversation. The only thing I could make out from what she was saying was that she would spend the night at her friends. I told her friend to text or call me back when they got home.

Early in the morning I got a text with pics of my fiancé totally passed out on the floor at her friends apartment. She has one or two issues with alcohol in the past and promised never to get that drunk like that again. She broke that promise. How would I treat this situation? Thanks guys.
Who sent you the text with the pictures?

What would you prefer? The temporary discomfort and disappointment of telling friends and family that the wedding's off or the pain of being trapped in a marriage with a lush?

If she has promised you that she wouldn't get into that state again......and now she has.....
has she broken a promise.....or is it clearly an indicator that she can't control her booze....

I'm sure she meant her promise at the time.....but as soon as her brain gets pickled with the drink she's
on a slippery slope.

There's many ways this could go. The only way that would be conducive to a successful marriage would be if she recognized what the booze does to her and decides that she no longer wants it in her life. Her choice based on her own experience....

If you give her the ultimatum and she quits drinking because you say she should, it could create a dynamic where the booze becomes the "forbidden fruit" for her. Prepare yourself for sporadic disgusting binges.

If she doesn't do anything.......this scene will repeat itself.......and repeat itself......and repeat itself......

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly....sorry to be brutally honest OP, but your fiancée is NOT marriage material.

I've been around and seen a lot of things....one thing is certain, don't settle for a woman like this for marriage.

They just aren't meant for it.

If I were in your shoes, honestly, I just call the whole engagement off and demote her to gf/fb material at best and look for a quality woman on the side.

Glumix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Taking the wedding off the table isn't going to work unfortunately without causing so much pain to family and friends. Venue booked, invitation sent out and all are informed.
You do not give ONE fvck about family and friends. This is YOUR life man!

What bother you so much about that story? The fact that her promises have no value? Or the fact that you are going to marry a woman who get completely drunk once every 3 months?

She has the right to do whatever she wants in her life. But if her sense of dignity does not match yours, then you shouldn't marry her. That's for sure.

As Desdinova said, judge women by her actions. If you let this go unnoticed she will know she can do it whenever she wants. You are going to enter her frame.

Give her the opportunity to be accountable for her action. Have a good talk with her, tell her that you cannot accept this and you are reconsidering the marraige. Tell her you have to think about it and go soft-NC, do not contact her for a week or two.

If you do not show her you have the balls to walk away, she will never understand. If you freak the hell out of her now perhaps she will remember that day and actually change her behavior.

The problem is that she also broke the trust and link between you two. Do not sleep with a woman who hasn't gotten her revenge. Up to you how to consider this problem as well.

Beside, I do not think she is an alcoholic because she get drunk once every 3 months. But as you said, her promises have no value. Marriage is a promise.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The vag-hating is strong in this thread.
White knight alert......stop posting your passive aggressive crap you little white knight *****. Too bad this isn't real life so no one can ***** slap ur little punk ass.

Slash Dolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Christ man. Do you communicate like this with her all the time? Sounds like way, way too much. When the communication is cut off of course you're going to freak out. Have some trust in your woman and let her be free for a few hours.

Her drinking issue is her issue; until it starts to affect YOU negatively, it shouldn't be a big deal. Don't overthink. And don't listen to these idiotic rejects here either telling you not to marry her because she got drunk one night, lol. I'm so flabbergasted by this forum sometimes.

Last edited:

Red_Hat

Reaction score
I understand why some of you think it's not a good idea to wed her, but it goes far more than her drinking issue on this night and a few other nights. She's not one who goes out and sloshed every other weekend.

When she does she reacts extremely negatively to alcohol.
I'm in Europe for work, she's in VA, so we communicate through text and phones temporarily.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Christ man. Do you communicate like this with her all the time? Sounds like way, way too much. When the communication is cut off of course you're going to freak out. Have some trust in your woman and let her be free for a few hours.

Her drinking issue is her issue; until it starts to affect YOU negatively, it shouldn't be a big deal. Don't overthink. And don't listen to these idiotic rejects here either telling you not to marry her, lol. That's your decision, you know if it's right or wrong and you actually know and love this girl.
Bad advice for OP. This is foolish emotional women logic right here.

When dealing with serious relationships you have to be completely objective and look at the facts.

Marriage requires a woman who is turned off by the mere notion of partying and getting drunk.

Here are the facts:

Ops fiancee....

Has a drinking problem.

Likes to party and go clubbing.

Uses girls night out as an excuse to get wasted out of her mind.

Likely has gfs who are similar.

Likely at least flirts when wasted out of her mind....probably made out a few times.

OP....do you know how man times I have drunkenly made out with "faithful" engaged women at clubs who supposedly would "never act that way?"

Faithful relationships and booze/clubs just don't mix.....ESPECIALLY ones headed toward marriage.

It's one thing if u are just banging her...but u want this girl to be your wife.

Don't take inexperienced chump advice on this......major major red flags and disrespect here for a woman u plan on making g your wife.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I now know her promise means nothing.
To make it more simple, suspend the alcohol issue for the moment. Re-read ^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^ over and over and over. Then consider and explain why you want HER, a woman whose promise means nothing, to be your wife, and possibly the mother of your kids.

Last edited:

Red_Hat

Reaction score
**update** She called a few times. So far I ignored her calls. She texted 'is this my punishment for last night'

At this point I'm not sure to call back and act detached as Cola suggested or tell her how it made me feel as others said.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand why some of you think it's not a good idea to wed her, but it goes far more than her drinking issue on this night and a few other nights. She's not one who goes out and sloshed every other weekend.

When she does she reacts extremely negatively to alcohol.

I'm in Europe for work, she's in VA, so we communicate through text and phones temporarily.
That's a poor excuse, for poor behavior. If she knows she does not react well to alcohol, then she also knows she has no business drinking it. End of story in my opinion.

Choosing to drink it anyway (especially out in public, and without you there), is KNOWINGLY CHOOSING trouble. It's not her being a victim to her "special" inability to behave better when she drinks.

salinechow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. If your girlfriend goes out for girls night out, please don't keep texting and calling her.
That just screams insecurity. Everyone needs space, and that's annoying.
She's a big girl if something is wrong she or someone with her will contact you, and if she is going to sleep with someone she can text and suck a penis at the same time, so it's pointless to keep hitting her up.. so yeah

2. She got drunk, it's not really a big deal. She had a drinking problem, I understand but give her the benefit of the doubt. Don't even mention it. It was one slip.

Now if this happens again next weekend or becomes a regular basis thing then you take marriage off the table

(By the way if you are still passing out on floors, you may not be quite ready for marriage anyway) ..

Anyhow, with a recovering alcoholic id make it a loooooooooooong engagement. Never say why, but just watch a bit to see if she really is in control of her drinking problem.

The way I see it:

Pretty much all the advice here is good and valid from its own viewpoint or perspective.
Yet, I think we need to get real here, you're not breaking an engagement for this, even if you should or should not. So thats out.
You need some damage control, for your own emotions and confusion as well as making it clear you are uncomfortable with this behavior. Well, this is how I think you should handle it.

Less is more.

Thats your motto for 7-10 days. Operation "hamster overdrive".

Like @cola said...Id say do the opposite of what she thinks you'll do. Reel in that jealousy, insecurity, and say nothing more about it. But, withdraw. Withdraw affection. Withdraw loving stares. Withdraw the little things you do everyday that she has come to expect youll take care of for her. With draw your schedule and throw a few curve balls. Maybe even let your phone die, while you are out at the grocery stor for way, way too long. Bring home a receipt though. Shop quickly and spend the rest of the time doing something else.

When she asks, "Whats up with you latley?" Say "nothing" and give her a kiss and a squeeze. Smile at her, with a little hint of condescension and disappointment and shake your head a smidge. NEVER tell her why you are doing this. Make her feel like an island for a week to ten days, but with glimpses of mirages. Play it. Just because you are shacked up now, doesn't mean you forgot to be a player. Your just playing a different game now.

Make plans this weekend with friends. Or not and just fake it. Tell her you are going out. BE VAGUE as possible Go out. Or just disappear to the OTB or throw some darts somewhere. Do not take her calls. Come home sober. Be respectable. Be quiet. "Yeah it was cool" You can even come home a little late. Up to you.

Just break the patterns of her expectations of you without seeming like you are getting her back. Her brain will do all the thinking for you. DO NOT RESPOND AT ALL, to her fighting with you or guessing whats going on.Or her attempts to beat you at your own game. They will be short lived. Treat all that with hugs and kisses. Just a little different than the ones she is used to. "Luv ya babe. Relax. Everything WILL be fine." <------Hamster methamphetamine

Maybe even wake up one night and go sleep on the couch till morning.

After you have your fun torturing her a little bit. Return to absolute normal. Shell get the point.

My parents once found cigarettes in my backpack when I was about 15. At the time, it was just one more level of f^ck up that I was becoming. I thought for sure my dad would beat the Sh!t out of me like he promised if he ever found out I smoked. You know what he did though...He put a little note in the pack that said "You disappoint me, more and more each day." With a god damn sad face and a tear!!!

That got my attention waaaayyy more than the an a$$ beating ever did. Whats worse, is, after that note, he was warm with me, like nothing happened. It drove me nuts! I even tried to explain and engage him on the subject and he said to me. " I have said everything, I am willing to say on the topic. Are you hungry?"

It illustrates my point I think.

I am not one for passive aggressive. I find it weak and annoying. Its also infuriating and generally not a good way to handle most things. However, in this case, and given your concerns, her behavior, your prior attempts, not withstanding your engagement. You need to reset this mother fucin frame. A little psychological warfare seems like it will do the trick.

She might fall apart so much that she starts unveiling all kinds of stuff she "thinks" might be wrong. Take notes, but dont ENGAGE! It will actually turn her on too. Especially later on after the brain napalm burns out.

I have executed this before a few times in LTRs with fantastic results. One girl came into my home office one night and said "Is everything alright I just want to kiss you goodnight." I didnt look up from my computer or turn around. But I waved with the back of my hand. I felt her stand there and could hear the wind of the hamster wheel spin. When she left. I waited 5 min and made some tea for us both. I brought it to her and Said "I made some tea." I put the mug down on the bedside table and went back into my office an shut the door just loud enough for her to hear.
She never did find out why I was annoyed at her. But she went into loving overdrive the next day and for the next few weeks I had an abundantly good time at life. Since she had no real idea what was wrong, she tried to fix everything that it might be. House was sparkling, I got handjobs for no reason, I got professional support, nagging about anything ceased, I received no invites to attend her stupid family gatherings, etc etc. By the time it started to go back to normal, I was sort of relieved to begin to pull my share of the relationship weight again.

Anyway, congrats on your engagement. Yet, dude, its never to late. Like the other guys said, its only your life and your alone. For every person that might get hurt or judge you for bailing out on the wedding, there will be another, from both camps, that respect you for it. Whether they tell you or not.

Just be sure, whatever you do, whatever you choose, do it wholeheartedly every day. Its either "Hell yes!!!!" or.... you need to search your soul for what is.

Best,

-Saline

Last edited:

Lozboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**update** She called a few times. So far I ignored her calls. She texted 'is this my punishment for last night'

At this point I'm not sure to call back and act detached as Cola suggested or tell her how it made me feel as others said.
Women communicate covertly.

Telling her how you feel is a waste of time. It's overt communication.

I'd read The Rational Male if I were you.

I'd echo the same as what others have said: do not marry her just to appease family. Stupidity.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't believe people are advising OP to play games like it's just some girl he's casually banging.

That will just treat the symptoms.

The root problem will remain.

Like I said, you can take the girl out of the bar but not the bar out of the girl.

It's a saying they use for bar prostitutes in southeast Asia and chumps that marry them.

The same rule however, applies here.

Trust me OP, you can't magicallg change this girl into a high quality woman.

If u try to do so, your life will be miserable for a while.